Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 29th, 2005 at 03:09am
I'm not a vegan, or a veggiaterian. I think being a vegan is unhealthy because you aren't getting any protien (or very little). Veggitarian is okay, because at least you get protien. Vegan is unhealty. And I chose not to be a vegan or veggitarion because i couldn't live without meat (I think) and i just tell myself that it's part of life, it just so happens that humans are at the top of the food chain and that it's just part of life...we live, we die.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 29th, 2005 at 03:09am
oh and umm yeah I don't believe in tourturing animals before they slaughter them, I mean, they should have a good life before they are killed....that's what makes me sad..
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
May 29th, 2005 at 04:12am
I am a veggie, Not a vegan, I eat some dairy product's, Just no egg's.. O_O
I hate egg's.. o_O;;
Lunchbox
King For A Couple Of Days
Lunchbox
May 29th, 2005 at 08:50am
TreIsCool32:
I am a veggie, Not a vegan, I eat some dairy product's, Just no egg's.. O_O
I hate egg's.. o_O;;

I never liked eggs. Especialy the way my dad makes them. Galens of oil and bacon and at least 3 eggz and he eats that. *pukes*
Any way, my dad eats meet too, but I'm much healthyer than him.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 29th, 2005 at 10:13am
billiejoe13:
I'm not a vegan, or a veggiaterian. I think being a vegan is unhealthy because you aren't getting any protien (or very little). Veggitarian is okay, because at least you get protien. Vegan is unhealty. And I chose not to be a vegan or veggitarion because i couldn't live without meat (I think) and i just tell myself that it's part of life, it just so happens that humans are at the top of the food chain and that it's just part of life...we live, we die.

um.. I can't agree with the " vehan is unhealthy" thing cuz as I know, researchs had shown that vengans can get the protien they need, by eating legume benne such vegetation have contain abundant calcium, protein,iron, so you don't need to worry vegan will lack of those nutrition

something is noticeable, ppl nowadays get too much protein than they need, so there are increasing number of cancer, as researchs found animals taken in 2 times of protein more than they need, those animals get higher incidence of getting a cancer, that's something that need to notice
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 29th, 2005 at 01:47pm
beecathat21:
Recently i have been thinking about becoming a vegtrain because i've seen how the animals are treated, its really horriable
but iam a bit worried about what you should eat instead what do u guys do to suplement it?

there's a company called Quorn they are like the best veggie company i've found i love their food. Actually mcDonalds do Quorn burgers. The burgers they make taste a lot like meat burgers but i've been a veggie for so long no i don't remember what meat tastes like but when i first stopped eating it and had one of those burgers i couldn't hardly tell the difference.

They also do Lamb/Beef/Chicken FLAVOURED stuff for those of you who like the taste but not the idea of meat Wink
rebelious_saint
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rebelious_saint
May 29th, 2005 at 08:26pm
I'm not a vegan or a vegitarian myself. I think the idea behind both ways of life are admirable and noble, trust me. If you are doing it for health reasons or you just don't like meat, then more power to you. I just think that becoming either to save animals is the wrong way of doing things. There are too many stubborn, pig-headed people in the world who will refuse to change and those are the people that will continue to buy meat and animal products. In my opinion, you should be going to the people, to the companies and change things that way. Support companies that are animal-friendly. Even though you can't change everyone, you can make a small difference.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:14pm
Well I'm gonna go all out on this one.. I think being vegan is plain stupid, if you're vegan and disagree then I'm sorry, it's simply my opinion. I believe those animals were put here with the purpose to be eaten. What else are they gonna do? Graze? No one likes to sit and watch cows and pigs and chickens BE cows and pigs and chickens. They are to be eaten. They serve no other purpose other than that.
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:57pm
I'm just a vegetarian who doesn't eat any fish. Luckily, my fingernails haven't turned black yet...

I'm sorry I had to add that.
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:58pm
Oh yes.. I forgot to add my bit. I think Vegans have extraordinary will power to do what they do.
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:06am
its up to you whether u wana b 1 or not.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:07am
rebelious_saint:
I'm not a vegan or a vegitarian myself. I think the idea behind both ways of life are admirable and noble, trust me. If you are doing it for health reasons or you just don't like meat, then more power to you. I just think that becoming either to save animals is the wrong way of doing things. There are too many stubborn, pig-headed people in the world who will refuse to change and those are the people that will continue to buy meat and animal products. In my opinion, you should be going to the people, to the companies and change things that way. Support companies that are animal-friendly. Even though you can't change everyone, you can make a small difference.

Every vegan/vegetarian saves 95 animals a year (from peta.com)
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:23am
Lunchbox:
rebelious_saint:

shit u serious...
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:35am
† foresaken †:
Lunchbox:
rebelious_saint:

shit u serious...

yeah
rebelious_saint
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rebelious_saint
June 3rd, 2005 at 11:42am
Lunchbox:
† foresaken †:
Lunchbox:
rebelious_saint:

shit u serious...

yeah

Wow. Very interesting. I was not aware of that. I won't change my ways, but that's pretty cool.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 3rd, 2005 at 08:24pm
Saves 95 animals a year.. and what are those animals going to do instead.. NOTHING! What a waste NOT to eat them.. geez..
And they're not really "saving" them. The animals are still dead, they're just not being eaten by the damn vegans/vegetarians. I'm still eatin' 'em!!
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
June 3rd, 2005 at 08:36pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
Saves 95 animals a year.. and what are those animals going to do instead.. NOTHING! What a waste NOT to eat them.. geez..
And they're not really "saving" them. The animals are still dead, they're just not being eaten by the damn vegans/vegetarians. I'm still eatin' 'em!!

The less people eat meat, the less anymals the industry will need. Besides, do you even know how much food they waste on those animals? Alot more than you get from them.
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
June 5th, 2005 at 05:47pm
I'm not a vegan or a vegiterian but I really want to be because I really believe killing animals for us people to eat is WRONG!! I don't really like meat anyways but my parents are just like yeah you cant live without meat u aren't gonna become one we won't let you. When I get older i definately will.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 5th, 2005 at 05:52pm
Insomniac409:
I'm not a vegan or a vegiterian but I really want to be because I really believe killing animals for us people to eat is WRONG!! I don't really like meat anyways but my parents are just like yeah you cant live without meat u aren't gonna become one we won't let you. When I get older i definately will.
if we don't kill the animals for food the other animals will...honey, you need ot learn about the "Circle of Life"
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
June 5th, 2005 at 06:11pm
spill_no_sick:
Insomniac409:
if we don't kill the animals for food the other animals will...honey, you need ot learn about the "Circle of Life"

other animals kill for food when they actualy need it. People kill industry animals in transport and for stupid reasons. Other animals hunt theyr food, while people keep them in factorys in very bad condicions.
Register