Mind the gap..

AuthorMessage
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
September 9th, 2005 at 12:52pm
Well, personaly, I think it's discriminating to judge people by their age... But of cource, there are some sick bastards who take advantage of stupid young girls, so.... *sigh* I guess it's a desicion made by single persons, not a big group...
franzi
Falling In Love With The Board
franzi
September 21st, 2005 at 02:56pm
my dad is 42, my step mom is 30. its all good. i love them both. it just depends when and how much the age gap is.. i mean difference between a 12 and 18 year old together and a 40 and 46 year old...
White Riot
White Riot
September 21st, 2005 at 06:32pm
I don't think there is any problem with age gaps,as long as you love each other Very Happy
But,Im not saying its normal to be in love with a 80 year old if you like 10 or something,haha.
You'll_Rebel_To_Anything
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
You'll_Rebel_To_Anything
May 14th, 2006 at 03:22am
Yeah, age gaps aren't really that big of a deal. My dad's 53 and my mom's 42. My dad was graduating around the time my mom started second grade, but that isn't when they started dating, is it? Weird how anything above...30 is pretty much one big age. It's like when you're little, you have your a lot of birthdays to get excited about:

Your 1st birthday ever
10th - double digits
13th - officially a "teen"
16th - Sweet Sixteen
18th - DRIVING! (With a licensed adult)
21st - drinking and driving alone (Not together, by the way)

But once you're past all that, there's really no special age...
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 14th, 2006 at 07:56am
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd):
Lunchbox:
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd):
Just wondering what people felt about age gaps in relationships. I'm 15, my boyfriend is 17. My mam's fine with it, but my dad has this big issue with it and has told me I can't see him again. However, my dad's never even met him or anything therefore doesn't even know what he's talking about!

Anyhoo, I'm still with him and my mam knows, and won't tell my dad- so I was wondering other people's views on this and other age gap relationships...

It depends on how big the age gap is. And it's not the same if you are 15 and there is an age gap of 5 years, of if you are 40 and there is an age gap of five years. But a 2 year age gap is ok.
that's true, it's always different when you're older, isn't it? I mean there's a 7 year gap between my friend's parents, but it makes no difference for some reason. Maybe people just treat "adult" as one age lol

I think it's more because if you're 40 and your boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife is 45, then it's less of a deal because it's less of a percentage of your life, whereas if it was a 20 year old going out with a fifteen year old, it's a greater percentage of their lives.
Babi Kid Rachy
Babi Kid Rachy
May 14th, 2006 at 08:18am
I would rather date someone the same age as me.
I'm not the kind of girl, that goes around dating older guys.
I guess one year older is fine, but much older is pathetic.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 14th, 2006 at 04:49pm
Hmmm, age is only a number, if the two people are in love as long as it is not illeagal then i dont see the problem, and i dont think that they should be judged either, it has nothing to do with anyone else
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 14th, 2006 at 06:20pm
there are 10 years between me and my hubbie and i think its great
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
May 14th, 2006 at 06:24pm
I think it shouldn't matter.
However, if there's a gap of say...50 years, that's a bit too much.
But if they're in love who gives a crap?
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 14th, 2006 at 09:31pm
It depends on how big the gap is and the person's age. I don't have a problem with younger people going out with someone 2 or 3 years older than them, but not much over that. Unless you're a little older. My parents are about 9 years apart, but they got married when they were older, so it doesn't really matter. I think that's fine unless you're like Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, with that huge of a gap.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 05:02pm
I think it's a good thing that a minor can't date someone way older than her, there would be alot of advantage taking going on, byt age is only a number, if your happy and in love, I guess it truely doesnt matter.
peas lover.
peas lover.

Mibba
May 15th, 2006 at 05:22pm
if they're in love....does it REALLY matter?! for as long as they're both happy, it's okay...

my last boyfriend and i were 5 years apart.the best time of my life.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
May 16th, 2006 at 02:31am
well....my bf was 15 when i was 13 so yeah. love is deaf blind and dumb so ... love the one you want...it's not some other person's problem... Wink
blood
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
blood
May 16th, 2006 at 10:36am
Age isnt usually a problem... As long as you're in love it shouldn't matter. But think, to see a 12 year old and a 17 year old together would be considered indecent (for lack of a better word). But a 22 and a 27 year old together isnt. I think it depends on how old the people are (as in 10 and 15, 15 and 20, 25 and 30 ect), the age gap comes afterwards.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
May 16th, 2006 at 01:46pm
My two friends, one is 13 and the other is 14, have a huge crush on a teacher. THey wanted to know his age. I guessed 28, and he is actually 23. (Which, by the way, he doesn't look.) ANyway our form tutor who they asked to ask him his age told them he didn't mind them knowing his age/DOB because he "likes it".
What if this guy's a perv? Is that a big age gap? 9/10 years?
I think it is!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2006 at 01:47pm
Waiting <3:
My two friends, one is 13 and the other is 14, have a huge crush on a teacher. THey wanted to know his age. I guessed 28, and he is actually 23. (Which, by the way, he doesn't look.) ANyway our form tutor who they asked to ask him his age told them he didn't mind them knowing his age/DOB because he "likes it".
I think it is!

So what if a 40 year old man dates a 31 year old woman?

See, ten/nine years doesn't seem bad at all then.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
May 16th, 2006 at 01:50pm
Yeah, true Very Happy
It's just that being 13/14, they are kids. And he isn't. So that is wrong. However, if they were 18, and he was 27 or something, it wouldn't be as bad.
It's different people's opinions.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 16th, 2006 at 02:56pm
Bloodraine:
Waiting <3:
I think it is!

So what if a 40 year old man dates a 31 year old woman?

See, ten/nine years doesn't seem bad at all then.

my husband is 44 and i am 34 and it doesnt seem bad to me.
SorryMa
SorryMa

Mibba
May 16th, 2006 at 03:32pm
15 and 17? that isnt even a big gap! blimey
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 17th, 2006 at 07:44pm
i just think its creepy for an 80 year old to be fucking a 20-40 year old o___O
but my parents are...20 years aprt Rolling Eyes yes, my mom i 50 and my dad is 69
omfg, luckeh number 69!!! (nevermind)
Register