Suicide and self harm!

AuthorMessage
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
March 2nd, 2010 at 11:05am
IwannaBeBillieJoe!:
i was really depressive some time ago. life sucked and i was thinking about suicide. then i bought this green day album and life finally made sense again. they really saved my life and that´s one big reason why i love them so much.
Are you sure it wasn't My Chemical Romance that saved your life?
brompton cocktail.
Idiot
brompton cocktail.

Mibba
March 6th, 2010 at 11:54am
In all honesty, suicide is rather selfish, like all of you already stated.
But it also shows weakness.
If we see life as a fight, which, to me, that is exactly what life is, a constant fight: for something better, for happiness, for peace, for more money, and all that jazz, then, as my great grandmother used to say: "the only lost fight is the one that wasn't fought at all."
I used to think about killing myself, in the past. Hell, it still crosses my mind from time to time. But, now I know that no one and nothing is worth my own life.

I used to self harm, cutting, to be exact, and it gets addicting.
Now, one whole year after I have stopped, I hate my body so much because of those scars.
But I am actually coming to term with it, I mean, that's how I am, that's my past, I may not be proud of it, but it formed me into who I am today.

As for all of you that are thinking of killing themselves, or are self harming, please, talk to a doctor. There is always a way out. :]

I feel like I just gave a speech on stuff I suck at. ><
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
March 6th, 2010 at 12:49pm
I don't get why everyone says that suicide is selfish.
It's anything but selfish.
One must experience unimaginable suffering and agony in order to resort to suicide, to decide to end their own existance and leave their family and friends in pain. Don't you get how hard it must be to be tormented for so long by something that makes you end up defying nature itself and defying the most basic instict that every living creature has, to ensure its own survival.
It's not just that, but most people never take into consideration the fact that if a person decides to kill himself/herself, then this person isn't completely mentaly stable, thing which could be caused by enormous amounts of stress, childhood problems or experiencing a great shock.
Also, depression which sometimes leads to suicide is a disease.
And therefore, i don't think everyone should judge one's decision to take his own life and call it selfish, because it;s not like you have any idea what that person feels like or suffers from or how desperate they must be.

idk if it makes any sense but whatev.
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
March 8th, 2010 at 03:18pm
^^ It does make sense, and I'm sure you have a reason for feeling that way.

But, as I explained, my personal experiences have shaped the way that I feel about this - and I'm not going to apologise for that.

I also explained that I don't think that every single person that commits suicide is selfish - I'm not going to repeat myself, it's all up there ^^^

Of course I understand that a lot of people that commit suicide are in a lot of pain - for whatever reason and in whatever way - but with regards to the selfishness I was thinking in particular of those that aren't - of those that are just a bit 'fed-up' and can only see in the short-term, rather than the long-term.

I do completely understand your point though.

brompton cocktail.:
As for all of you that are thinking of killing themselves, or are self harming, please, talk to a doctor. There is always a way out. :]

Hug It sounds like you had a really, really rough time but you worked through it. It might've been harder before it got better, but you got there. And I think that's so brave and lovely and this is another reason I think suicide can be selfish - sometimes people don't think about this end of things, about how things can get better. There is usually a way out.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
March 10th, 2010 at 12:24pm
Aliiiiii.:
^^ It does make sense, and I'm sure you have a reason for feeling that way.

But, as I explained, my personal experiences have shaped the way that I feel about this - and I'm not going to apologise for that.

I also explained that I don't think that every single person that commits suicide is selfish - I'm not going to repeat myself, it's all up there ^^^

Of course I understand that a lot of people that commit suicide are in a lot of pain - for whatever reason and in whatever way - but with regards to the selfishness I was thinking in particular of those that aren't - of those that are just a bit 'fed-up' and can only see in the short-term, rather than the long-term.

I do completely understand your point though.

brompton cocktail.:

Hug It sounds like you had a really, really rough time but you worked through it. It might've been harder before it got better, but you got there. And I think that's so brave and lovely and this is another reason I think suicide can be selfish - sometimes people don't think about this end of things, about how things can get better. There is usually a way out.

i totally got what you said and i respect your opinion. I wasn't referring to you, i was referring to all the people who pointlessly repeated what you said without putting any thought in what they say or any arguments whatsoever.
Aliiiiii.
Aliiiiii.
March 10th, 2010 at 12:45pm
^^ Thank you.

Your point made a lot of sense too.

I'm of mixed feelings about it - it's so hard to say 'this is wrong' and 'this is right' because there are different circumstances behind every situation, and everyone's opinion.

Again... it's a tough one.
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
March 14th, 2010 at 06:57am
I used to think about that stuff when nothing was going right for me, but now I've learned to appreciate what I have and I stopped all the cutting crap and I think that suicide can be selfish sometimes when you don't think about all the people who really love you. But sometimes people commit suicide when they really just can't live anymore. But I think try everything you can to get better before going to that option because you're gonna hurt a lot of people if you do.
She...
She...
March 30th, 2010 at 04:00pm
Ok im kinda scared to post in here incase someone has a go at me... Yeah im a pussy.

Anyhoo i would just like to say that i think that suicide/selfharm cases all need to be treated uniquely as depression is a disease in your mind, and everyones mind works differently.. If that makes sense Confused
And also that i have friends who slit their wrists and have managed to get through it,
i have friends who have been diagnosed with depression and get counselling,
and i also have a friend.. Well she used to be my friend, who is a complete attention seeker and is constantly saying 'oh FML' etc, which really pisses me off because her life is perfectly fine. My life behind closed doors is a shitty mess, but i dont feel the need to go around complaining to everyone.
Its people like her who claim to be 'depressed' that are the reason that most people, especially my age, do not understand what depression really is and just use the term so lightly and in general conversation if theyve had a bad day or whatever.

So yeah thats my opinion Rolling Eyes
Mother_Mary
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mother_Mary
March 31st, 2010 at 12:23am
i've been depressed latley. i dont get much attention from my parents (specially mom who works all day)...then my own familie laughs at me for not having enough friends...they want me to be someone else...i cut my self multiple times... i tried to over dose once but my mom stopped me just in time...i dont wish to live sometimes...i've figured who i am, unlike other 13 year old girls who think they can succeed in life by following others and being $luty...it hurts me inside...that many people see me as an outcast cuz im not like them...i hate it...life just beats me down...with catastofic delusions and massive sh*t :/
Mother_Mary
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mother_Mary
March 31st, 2010 at 12:31am
The-Judges-Daughter:
i've been depressed latley. i dont get much attention from my parents (specially mom who works all day)...then my own familie laughs at me for not having enough friends...they want me to be someone else...i cut my self multiple times... i tried to over dose once but my mom stopped me just in time...i dont wish to live sometimes...i've figured who i am, unlike other 13 year old girls who think they can succeed in life by following others and being $luty...it hurts me inside...that many people see me as an outcast cuz im not like them...i hate it...life just beats me down...with catastofic delusions and massive sh*t :/
exaclty, many kids act like they're "depressed"...they havent experienced it. i mean really, your parents take you to paris and stuff, and get you anything you want, hows that depressing? all my friends are the ones with real problems like depression, and child abuse, and drug abuse...we're all called fags and nobodys. The worst case is how my friend gets called a p*ssy for being bi. many guys beat him up, and verbally abuse him. i've seen him cry everyday because of it. people should just stop being such b*stards about it.
Mother_Mary
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mother_Mary
March 31st, 2010 at 12:34am
She...:
Ok im kinda scared to post in here incase someone has a go at me... Yeah im a pussy.

Anyhoo i would just like to say that i think that suicide/selfharm cases all need to be treated uniquely as depression is a disease in your mind, and everyones mind works differently.. If that makes sense Confused
And also that i have friends who slit their wrists and have managed to get through it,
and i also have a friend.. Well she used to be my friend, who is a complete attention seeker and is constantly saying 'oh FML' etc, which really pisses me off because her life is perfectly fine. My life behind closed doors is a shitty mess, but i dont feel the need to go around complaining to everyone.
Its people like her who claim to be 'depressed' that are the reason that most people, especially my age, do not understand what depression really is and just use the term so lightly and in general conversation if theyve had a bad day or whatever.

exactly!!
She...
She...
April 1st, 2010 at 04:29pm
Oh yeah and i did the cutting thing a while back.
Bad times.
Except my life now is worse off than it was then, although a the time it just seemed like nothing was going right. It was the summer holidays so luckily I wasnt at school so I could hide my arms, I stopped cutting when I had to wear a short sleeved shirt which kinda freaked me out and sorta knocked me back into reality so i stopped. Luckily nobody noticed anything and i only told someone about it 4 months later, as far as im aware that person is the only person, apart from me obv, that knows about the cuts. But i got through that and my lifes moved on. People have completely fucked up my life now but I could never go back to selfharm, because its just not me and doesnt solve anything.
It sounds so cheesy but you really gotta look on the positive side, even when that seems impossible to you.
XGirSangTheDoomSongX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XGirSangTheDoomSongX

Blog
August 5th, 2010 at 04:02pm
american_idiot_94:
Lunchbox:
I used to think about it alot. I've stoped now. I even stopt cutting myself.
It's a bit scary, but most people are depressed lately. Shocked Shocked

most people pretend to be depressed to fit the "goth/punk/emo" sterotype.....

Im not a "cutter emo" but I naturally fit into the goth/punk/emo stereotype. But, evryone, and I mean EVERYONE has or will consider(ed) it at one stage in life; I know I have. Embarassed
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 6th, 2010 at 12:57pm
DramaLlama:
evryone, and I mean EVERYONE has or will consider(ed) it at one stage in life; I know I have. Embarassed

that is not true at all
i never have and never will consider it
i think it's disgusting
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
August 6th, 2010 at 04:38pm
I've considered suicide once. I thought if I died, my parents would be happy and stuff after all the shit I put them through. It wasn't until I almost lost my older brother to a drug overdose that I decided against it. Now I'm doing better and I'm not putting my parents through anything bad.
XGirSangTheDoomSongX
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
XGirSangTheDoomSongX

Blog
August 6th, 2010 at 11:03pm
BillyJoezzz:
DramaLlama:
evryone, and I mean EVERYONE has or will consider(ed) it at one stage in life; I know I have. Embarassed

that is not true at all
i never have and never will consider it
i think it's disgusting

You're right., But Its not disguisting. Some people have issues and, well, others dont. Sometimes people think "Maybe life's not for everyone" and some people think that life is just awesome. What I posted above is an overstatement. It really depens on your life, and how things are going. Some people, like my boyfriend, are bi-polar, and involuntarily suicidal. Shocked
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
August 6th, 2010 at 11:29pm
well in my opinion
i think it's disgusting
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 11th, 2010 at 09:19am
She...:

I do think it's unfair, though, how some people, like yourself can claim to know who is doing it for attention and who isn't. You can't know what's going on in her head. First impressions mean jack shit in this world. You can't dismiss her case just because you think her life is fine. The richest, most successful people are often the loneliest. No one knows what happens behind closed doors. Take people seriously when it comes to these things. No one's doing it because they like it.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
August 11th, 2010 at 12:38pm
I would tell everyone here who is considering suicide to not do it because your family and friends will miss you and cry after you die and you don't want that. Don't hurt the people who love you.
clark
GSBitch
clark
August 13th, 2010 at 05:07am
BillyJoezzz:
well in my opinion
i think it's disgusting
why?
Register