Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AshlinnR
June 17th, 2006 at 09:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
lost angel:
Magne:
basketcase123:
Lunchbox:
I'm against animal testing. We can test that stuff on people it would give better results. I don't mean inocent people, I mean like Saddam Husein and Bush

ha yeah i agree! Very Happy

So you would become the second hitler there is no differance between him expiermenting on the polish and jews and many other people than what you just said

they should test on people who have given their consent to have it done, then a lot of the really cruel tests like LD50 or retesting substances they already know are toxic.
If they tested it on people, I dont think you realize how many people would die. What would happen is the poor would be manipulated into it with money and lose their lives before anything is accomplished.

thats really true.
except when you think about it
millions of children lose their parents to aids in africa etc.
but the only way to find a cure for aids/hiv is to test on animals.

and im not saying its right.
you have to choose. humans or animals?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 07:05am
All you people who say you are against animal testing (haven't got the time to quote)

So...you'd be okay about dying when you have no medication to treat you, right?
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 18th, 2006 at 07:10am
I understand there's animal testing, you need it for medication and stuff .. I'm still against it .. but if, I'd want the aimals to be treaten right ..
And there's this beauty company, erm, they make all their products without animal testing for example ..
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
June 18th, 2006 at 07:21am
Bloodraine:
All you people who say you are against animal testing (haven't got the time to quote)

So...you'd be okay about dying when you have no medication to treat you, right?

^ hmm it is a hard one.. but surely now with all this modern technology and stuff.. there must be other things to tests new products on... but i'm not for animal testing. however they do it for our benifit...so.. Confused
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 18th, 2006 at 08:52am
ashlinn.___:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
lost angel:
Magne:
basketcase123:
Lunchbox:
I'm against animal testing. We can test that stuff on people it would give better results. I don't mean inocent people, I mean like Saddam Husein and Bush

So you would become the second hitler there is no differance between him expiermenting on the polish and jews and many other people than what you just said

they should test on people who have given their consent to have it done, then a lot of the really cruel tests like LD50 or retesting substances they already know are toxic.
If they tested it on people, I dont think you realize how many people would die. What would happen is the poor would be manipulated into it with money and lose their lives before anything is accomplished.

thats really true.

this is totally off subject but i read somewhere that humans caught AIDS from monkeys when we started encroaching on their habitat. as AIDS is an STD it makes you wonder what these people get up to...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 10:48am
anti-christ of suburbia:
ashlinn.___:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
lost angel:
Magne:
basketcase123:
Lunchbox:

thats really true.

this is totally off subject but i read somewhere that humans caught AIDS from monkeys when we started encroaching on their habitat. as AIDS is an STD it makes you wonder what these people get up to...
Im guessing thats 100% bullshit and whoever wrote that was being ignorant, but unless you have a source to prove it... it doesnt really matter.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 02:21pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Im guessing thats 100% bullshit and whoever wrote that was being ignorant, but unless you have a source to prove it... it doesnt really matter.

I heard that too. In science.
That AIDS came from monkeys (Green monkeys specifically).

Yeah...
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/monkeys.aid/
http://www.thebody.com/sowadsky/origin.html
http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

So, that isn't bullshit.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 02:57pm
I'm telling you people one day their going to find out that grass is the cure for Aids,

I believe the earth provides a cure for every disease and with something this catastrophic it's going to be something stupidly obvious because the worlds ironic like that

think about it how many cows do you know with the HIV virus
staceface
Geek
staceface
June 18th, 2006 at 11:29pm
i heard (don't know where anymore) that all the sexual diseases were created in laboratories while countries were at war or something like that

but. animal testing. i'm against that. you would think that we made enough advances in science that we would know what the fuck we were doing and stop torturing the poor creatures. and besides their systems are different than our so when a drug affects them in a positive way it can have the opposite effect on us.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 04:20am
NeoSteph:
I'm telling you people one day their going to find out that grass is the cure for Aids,

I believe the earth provides a cure for every disease and with something this catastrophic it's going to be something stupidly obvious because the worlds ironic like that

thats what i think to a certin degree, like penicillin which is a type of fungus that can be grown.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 24th, 2006 at 07:58am
Magne:
NeoSteph:

thats what i think to a certin degree, like penicillin which is a type of fungus that can be grown.

just a random fact, if penicillin had been tested on guiena pigs 1000's of people would have died coz its poisonous to guinea pigs
Kitti
Kitti
June 24th, 2006 at 08:08am
anti-christ of suburbia:

We didn't "catch" AIDS, it was spread because of tests (like blood tests and stuff), and blood mixing. But here's the kicker--this was shortly after Watson and Crick discovered DNA and a lot of the tests were to map the genome. Proof of evolution? No, we don't need it, we have enough evidence supporting it. But because of evolution...imagine: if you can catch a virus from a monkey...couldn't you find the cure near the monkey? Anyway, they were trying to save lives and created an epidemic.

They weren't (necessarily) engaging in beastiality.
But yes, HIV did come from monkeys first.
whatwasithinking
Geek
whatwasithinking

Blog
June 24th, 2006 at 12:29pm
anti. Even though it doesn't abide by the constitution I think we should test on murderers or people charged of rape.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 5th, 2006 at 03:48pm
Kitti:
anti-christ of suburbia:

We didn't "catch" AIDS, it was spread because of tests (like blood tests and stuff), and blood mixing. But here's the kicker--this was shortly after Watson and Crick discovered DNA and a lot of the tests were to map the genome. Proof of evolution? No, we don't need it, we have enough evidence supporting it. But because of evolution...imagine: if you can catch a virus from a monkey...couldn't you find the cure near the monkey? Anyway, they were trying to save lives and created an epidemic.

They weren't (necessarily) engaging in beastiality.
But yes, HIV did come from monkeys first.

still, gives a whole new meaning to the term 'fuck monkey'
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
July 12th, 2006 at 08:55pm
I think animal testing is great for medical uses becauase the medicines can help the animals as well as humans. But cosmetic testing on animals is pretty stupid.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 13th, 2006 at 04:24am
anti-christ of suburbia:
Magne:
NeoSteph:

just a random fact, if penicillin had been tested on guiena pigs 1000's of people would have died coz its poisonous to guinea pigs

which is why it wasnt tested on guinea pigs.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 06:50am
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
anti. Even though it doesn't abide by the constitution I think we should test on murderers or people charged of rape.

Your theory is equally wrong.
They are still humans, just like us, they deserve a more appropriate punishment.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
Tramp Bear!!! oh yeah.
July 13th, 2006 at 11:59am
Some people are quick to sya they're against it but how do you think a lot of medicines we take are made?
i'm against it if it's for the wrong reasons, make-up and hair products and that but i suppose these things have to go down to save lives, as much as it's not nice to see animals hurt of be in pain.
Kitti
Kitti
July 13th, 2006 at 12:07pm
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
See, I think they (the UN) were on to something when they wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and said you can't do stuff like that to people, criminal or no. Humans are humans. Cosmetic testing on animals is foolish and wrong, but there are dozens of good things that come of medical testing on animals.
I really can't understand this--the connection between humans and other humans is one of the strongest bonds any human can ever experience, yet so often I see people putting the life of an animal over a human life.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 12:11pm
Kitti:
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
See, I think they (the UN) were on to something when they wrote the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and said you can't do stuff like that to people, criminal or no. Humans are humans. Cosmetic testing on animals is foolish and wrong, but there are dozens of good things that come of medical testing on animals.
I really can't understand this--the connection between humans and other humans is one of the strongest bonds any human can ever experience, yet so often I see people putting the life of an animal over a human life.

People and animals can have strong bonds too. Would I put my cats before another person? Most likely not? Before me, depending ont he situation, I might.

Like firefighters going back into the house after all the people are out, thats endangering themselves to save an animal. Animals and people arent the same, and they will never be equal, but they are important too.
Register