Cloning

AuthorMessage
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:12pm
What's your view, back in the 90's a sheep was successfully cloned, i find it odd they chose a sheep but then i'm not into animals in science. (another subject Rolling Eyes )

But now there are scientists who want to clone humans for research. Basically they want to clone human beings and test them to see if they have any memories similar to the person they're originally formed from. And other things like that.

There has also been rumors scientist want to use clones of cancer sufferers to find a way to cure them ( the cancers there are currently no cures for)

What does everyone think?
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 04:16pm
that's weird. how weird growing up and then seeing the perosn the cell or whatever you were made from came from - like that is exactly what you're going to look like. or am i just talking crap? are they only gonna get cells from foetuses for babies and then kill them? cos then you get the same issues as abortion...? if they're cloning humans and then only making foetuses to solve cancer, i agree with it. is it really a life? cos it's you... its v confusing!
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 28th, 2005 at 04:18pm
there's no reason to clone at all
and it would fuck with the clones, didn't anybody read Dr. Frankenstein?
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 04:22pm
i really see no reason to clone anything....
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:22pm
no i haven't read that book

i think if it helps them find a cure for such a huge thing then i guess it's not so bad but then again it seems so weird
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
May 28th, 2005 at 04:28pm
I think we are all unique and shouls stay that way
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 28th, 2005 at 04:29pm
I don't think cloning is right. Except if an animal was becoming exsinict..
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 04:31pm
just a question...if they were to clone a person would they use the clojne for medical research or something like that?
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:32pm
american_idiot_94:
just a question...if they were to clone a person would they use the clojne for medical research or something like that?

yeah, that's what they were saying on the news (about a year ago)
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 04:36pm
GreenFlySoup:
american_idiot_94:

hmm...well im mean i guess thats a pretty good resson to clone but the idea of having n exact replica of person is a bit creepy
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:45pm
american_idiot_94:
GreenFlySoup:
american_idiot_94:

hmm...well im mean i guess thats a pretty good resson to clone but the idea of having n exact replica of person is a bit creepy

mmm yeah it creepy, i freaked out when Dolly the sheep was cloned. I never really understood why they did it
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 28th, 2005 at 04:48pm
i think cloning is wrong because it could lead to overpopulation and extiction of otyher species.
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:51pm
ok i just found this website so you can all look at what they're looking into doing

http://www.humancloning.org/
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:55pm
ewwwww omg i just read this Shocked

Bad parents - Did your parents destroy your life? Were they alcoholic, child-beating molesters? Did you never have a chance? Interestingly, human cloning allows you the opportunity to participate in choosing the parents for your clone.

taken from the above website that is just too weird
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
May 28th, 2005 at 04:56pm
GreenFlySoup:
ewwwww omg i just read this Shocked

Bad parents - Did your parents destroy your life? Were they alcoholic, child-beating molesters? Did you never have a chance? Interestingly, human cloning allows you the opportunity to participate in choosing the parents for your clone.

taken from the above website that is just too weird

ok thats just....ah werid and wrong
Trouble Bound Castaway
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 28th, 2005 at 05:14pm
It's immoral, disturbing, wrong and just plain sick. Why are they ruining God's beautiful creatures? I don't know if we should clone if the population was decreased and we had to clone. I'd jsut have to choose to just do it and have kids, not this cloning crap that's everywhere
Project Mayhem
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Project Mayhem
May 28th, 2005 at 09:12pm
If cloning a person for medical research, I think it's fine to do. Just to find out what would happen, I'm not into that.
And for animals.. I read on a family who were about to lose a dog they owned and decided to clone the dog. Which, I think was pointless because I doubt if the dog acts the same as the older one or lives in their hearts as much as the old one.
I suppose it depends on the cloning situation.
Sarah.
King For A Couple Of Days
Sarah.
May 28th, 2005 at 09:45pm
i honesty dont see the point in cloning, does it serve a real purpose at all?
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 29th, 2005 at 01:39pm
Best Name I Ever Had:
If cloning a person for medical research, I think it's fine to do. Just to find out what would happen, I'm not into that.
And for animals.. I read on a family who were about to lose a dog they owned and decided to clone the dog. Which, I think was pointless because I doubt if the dog acts the same as the older one or lives in their hearts as much as the old one.
I suppose it depends on the cloning situation.

i read about that, or something similar. Surely cloning an ill animal would mean the clone would have the illness too and die shortly after anyways. Seems a bit pointless to me
XcoreJessio
King For A Couple Of Days
XcoreJessio
May 29th, 2005 at 03:08pm
I'm against cloning. I believe the only way a life should be made is through natural causes or IVF. Although I believe that arbortion is ok, you should not create a life like that.
Register