Cloning

AuthorMessage
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
May 29th, 2005 at 03:11pm
I'm not sure about it...I don't think i agree with it but the whole issue kinda confuses me....
Asparagus
Idiot
Asparagus
May 30th, 2005 at 09:00am
GreenFlySoup:
What's your view, back in the 90's a sheep was successfully cloned, i find it odd they chose a sheep but then i'm not into animals in science. (another subject Rolling Eyes )

Ah...Dolly. Wasn't she a wonderful sheep. A bit rabid, but a wonderful sheep.

My dog's name is Dolly. She's fat and sometimes can't walk.
skanking Brit
Falling In Love With The Board
skanking Brit
May 31st, 2005 at 07:10am
They cloned a sheep. We saw a movie on that in science class. Cool
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 31st, 2005 at 09:48pm
spill_no_sick:
there's no reason to clone at all
and it would fuck with the clones, didn't anybody read Dr. Frankenstein?

Well, I read a book called scorpion where they cloned people for vital organs and body parts to save themselves, I dunno but
Scorpion>Frankenstein...Just messing, but anyway there really is no reason to clone anything except to advance science and the medical reasonning is crap.Stem cell research would do practically the same thing.I suppose most people wouldn't mind cloning animals apparently to most christians...animals don't have souls and won't go to heaven...of course I don't want to lead this topic onto anything else...
amytenta911
Geek
amytenta911
June 1st, 2005 at 11:20am
cloning is a sin.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 1st, 2005 at 02:08pm
amytenta911:
cloning is a sin.
you say everything's a sin... you can't come up with an argument for why or atleast say something interesting, shut up!
Automatic man
Automatic man
June 1st, 2005 at 08:56pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
amytenta911:
cloning is a sin.
you say everything's a sin... you can't come up with an argument for why or atleast say something interesting, shut up!

I agree, why not clone animals then, don't religions say they don't have souls?
Purple Rain
Purple Rain
June 1st, 2005 at 11:14pm
i am against cloning especially animals because there is so many abandoned animals on the streets dying, that we dont need to bring more in to cause more to die. and for humans, im not sure since it would be wierd having a clone..
boytoy13
Geek
boytoy13
June 1st, 2005 at 11:45pm
i don't like the idea of cloning...make love-not clones
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:03pm
Okay so I've read most of the other posts and I agree with a lot of them.. there's no reason to clone, and I also think we're all unique and it should stay that way. Granted they'd have a different personality but that just goes back to why would you need to clone a person? For research? Give me a break! There's no reason for it! We all think that just because we have the technology to do something we've just go to do it, why does it have to be like that? By cloning all you're doing is messing with the natural order of things and it's just stupid!
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:22am
if it helps sum1 sumwhere then why not..
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 4th, 2005 at 11:49am
i dont think its right, its not natural...it bugs me that the earth is moving further and further away from nature, and it's meant to be nature! i think nature should take its course on a person and we should stop trying to step in...
Queen_for_a_day
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Queen_for_a_day
June 4th, 2005 at 12:08pm
CLONING SUCKS
I don't believe in cloning, it's stupid. It eliminates the whole prosses of birth. If you think about it you mom is like a container, because that is what you were created in. It's just no right and should be stoped... but hey that's just my opinion
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 7th, 2005 at 12:20pm
it depends what you mean by cloning, if you mean stem cell research then im in support of that, seeing as it can grow into any tissue and then hopefully it will be able to cure many diseases. I respect how religious people may be opposed, but i dont think the should prevent people who do not follow that religion from having the treatment...not that the churches really have any power to do that anyway...
*St.Jimmy*
Geek
*St.Jimmy*
June 7th, 2005 at 07:39pm
i don't think its right to clone a whole person, they would grow up knowing that they were made for research or spare parts. i think that it is perectly fine to clone tissue tho, that could help people. i don't think that there is a good enough reason to clone a person though, but i think it will be done anyway
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 9th, 2005 at 05:14am
there is only 1 of every person on this fuckin planet, we're ALL ORIGINAL. no clones PLEASE, i wanna be me, i don't want to have any twins or whatever, i want to be ME. just one of me, and just one of u, and one of every1 else. then i'd be hapy.
Weasil
Falling In Love With The Board
Weasil
June 9th, 2005 at 03:43pm
I dont really think that anyone could succeed in cloning a human, not only for religious but spiritual perposes. Because in every religion I know of, a living body must have a soul. (God, Im really in a bad spelling mood O.o)
But I guess attempting to clone a human could determine the Christianity religion, because since that's how my parents grew up, they always told me how only humans had spirits, not animals (So much for doggie heaven when Ruff-Ruff got hit by a car, that was promising Crying or Very sad)
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 9th, 2005 at 04:01pm
Weasil:
I dont really think that anyone could succeed in cloning a human, not only for religious but spiritual perposes. Because in every religion I know of, a living body must have a soul. (God, Im really in a bad spelling mood O.o)
But I guess attempting to clone a human could determine the Christianity religion, because since that's how my parents grew up, they always told me how only humans had spirits, not animals (So much for doggie heaven when Ruff-Ruff got hit by a car, that was promising Crying or Very sad)

What about atheists who dont believe in souls? would they be able to have clones then? or if its a clone of somebody presumably the soul would be cloned aswell....no?
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 9th, 2005 at 07:23pm
i124q:
Weasil:

What about atheists who dont believe in souls? would they be able to have clones then? or if its a clone of somebody presumably the soul would be cloned aswell....no?
athiests don't believe you have a soul? That's news to me. A soul isn't strictly religious, it's way beyond that.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 10th, 2005 at 05:31am
well, I think this is an issue of medical ethics, human rights and gendered economic exploitation as well.

In my opinion, it's dangerous to carry out human cloning, If we allow cloning *esp on the matter of the pre-selection of a future child's genetic makeup -- on what grounds could we prevent those who want to pre-select children's genes in other ways, say by inserting artificial chromosomes in an attempt to produce "super-humans"?

Should we risk a high-tech commercial eugenics, with the inevitable social pressures for profound new forms of discrimination that would follow? I don't think it it worth to.
So I can't accept human cloning wihtout we have an all-round regulation over human cloning that can cope with those problem i've mentioned above.
Register