Cloning

AuthorMessage
imafuckingidiot
King For A Couple Of Days
imafuckingidiot
June 10th, 2005 at 11:24am
i124q:
it depends what you mean by cloning, if you mean stem cell research then im in support of that, seeing as it can grow into any tissue and then hopefully it will be able to cure many diseases. I respect how religious people may be opposed, but i dont think the should prevent people who do not follow that religion from having the treatment...not that the churches really have any power to do that anyway...
yes i agree, but cloning a whole person or a sheep....is wrong.
obsessedmonkey
Geek
obsessedmonkey
June 11th, 2005 at 11:07am
cloning is useless we need less people not more!
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 02:27pm
WE SHOULD ALL BE ORIGINAL

that's all i have to say about cloning
°MorbidRose°
Jackass
°MorbidRose°

Blog
June 11th, 2005 at 02:27pm
rock00chick:
WE SHOULD ALL BE ORIGINAL

that's all i have to say about cloning
i agree.
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
June 13th, 2005 at 03:10pm
i think they shouldnt ban it completely because it could help cure diseases that had no cure before hand. and same sex couples could have children with their own genetics. i think its a good thing as long as they dont like, over do it and make two exact same people over and over and over again or something like that. or raise clones specifically for their organs or something like that. because they would be people too.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 13th, 2005 at 03:12pm
i124q:
Weasil:
I dont really think that anyone could succeed in cloning a human, not only for religious but spiritual perposes. Because in every religion I know of, a living body must have a soul. (God, Im really in a bad spelling mood O.o)
But I guess attempting to clone a human could determine the Christianity religion, because since that's how my parents grew up, they always told me how only humans had spirits, not animals (So much for doggie heaven when Ruff-Ruff got hit by a car, that was promising Crying or Very sad)

What about atheists who dont believe in souls? would they be able to have clones then? or if its a clone of somebody presumably the soul would be cloned aswell....no?

yea, whats this stereotyping athiests, asshole?
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 13th, 2005 at 04:49pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
Weasil:
I dont really think that anyone could succeed in cloning a human, not only for religious but spiritual perposes. Because in every religion I know of, a living body must have a soul. (God, Im really in a bad spelling mood O.o)
But I guess attempting to clone a human could determine the Christianity religion, because since that's how my parents grew up, they always told me how only humans had spirits, not animals (So much for doggie heaven when Ruff-Ruff got hit by a car, that was promising Crying or Very sad)

What about atheists who dont believe in souls? would they be able to have clones then? or if its a clone of somebody presumably the soul would be cloned aswell....no?

ok..ok...calm down!
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 11:04am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
Weasil:

i said what about atheists who dont believe in souls.....?? how is that stereotyping?
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 14th, 2005 at 11:14am
i124q:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
Weasil:

i said what about atheists who dont believe in souls.....?? how is that stereotyping?

ohhh, ok, i read that wrong. sorry...
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 11:49am
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
Weasil:

ohhh, ok, i read that wrong. sorry...

yeah, i should have wrote it as 'what about THE atheists who dont believe in souls? to save confusion. o well.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 14th, 2005 at 12:52pm
ok, so we're all calm now...sorry, in an annoying mood, ill be quiet
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 10:08pm
yeah...souls arent just religious. and cloning is wrong. ppl think they need to fuck around with something that we shouldnt be going anywhere near. i wrote a paper on genetic engineering for biology a couple years ago, dunno if i still have it...but we have no right to do all the gene splicing and whatever else were doing, and what the hell happened to natural selection and darwinism? we shouldnt mess with that...were changing our world and its fucking everything up and im so fucking sick of it!!!!!
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 21st, 2005 at 10:42am
GreenFlySoup:
What's your view, back in the 90's a sheep was successfully cloned, i find it odd they chose a sheep but then i'm not into animals in science. (another subject Rolling Eyes )

But now there are scientists who want to clone humans for research. Basically they want to clone human beings and test them to see if they have any memories similar to the person they're originally formed from. And other things like that.

There has also been rumors scientist want to use clones of cancer sufferers to find a way to cure them ( the cancers there are currently no cures for)

What does everyone think?
Before they find a cure for cancer, I think they should try and find a cure for AIDS.
Kitti
Kitti
July 21st, 2005 at 01:31pm
i dont think cloning is the answer for either problem. were fucking up our environment, everything we do changes something else...AIDS originally only infected monkeys...did you know that? but now humans have it and its cuz of genetic engineering...natures fighting back...SURRENDER!!!!
grimmie666
Geek
grimmie666
July 23rd, 2005 at 03:22am
cloning freaks me out, just imagine suddenly you see someone exactly like you! there are other problems we should solve like poverty, politics, pollution, etc. come on! some poeple need to die! well thats my opinion.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 23rd, 2005 at 04:47am
cloning, it goes against my religion, my personal beliefs, and against my friends and families views.

so no, i dont agree with it, because the clone, i betcha, could have feelings. O WHO CARES, lets test it!
no
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
July 23rd, 2005 at 12:13pm
cloning tottaly goes against my religon as a born again Christian I beleve only god can bring life and death.
Kitti
Kitti
July 25th, 2005 at 11:04pm
i dont care what religion you are, cloning is wrong across the board. im borderline fucking atheist and im opposed to cloning. it fucks stuff up to start messing with nature, and we shouldnt meddle.
Worried Beef
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Worried Beef
July 27th, 2005 at 05:57pm
I know this sounds so stupid, but i read an article in the paper a while back, and it said that not even the government know what is happening in top secret laborities.No one is allowed in unless you are a scientist doing an experiment.It said that they could be doing anything in there - such as creating some half human half fly thing, or just cloning ordinary people.
I don't know if i believe it or not, but i supose if no one is allowed in,and they are scientists doing experiments, then they could be working on something strange.I should think that they are capabel of it.
What do you guys think?
TresFine
King For A Couple Of Days
TresFine
March 1st, 2006 at 01:53am
cloning is freaking wrong in so many ways
Register