Racism/ Aylum Seekers

AuthorMessage
English_Idiot*
King For A Couple Of Days
English_Idiot*
May 29th, 2005 at 01:06pm
i mean people these days are so rasist its really bad and people dont deserve it.
discuss racism here
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 29th, 2005 at 01:06pm
its sick, pointless and pathetic. simple as.
English_Idiot*
English_Idiot*
May 29th, 2005 at 01:13pm
ok im confused the name of my topic has changed...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2005 at 01:13pm
racism especially in the western world is linked with Aslylum so i'm making this a double whammy topic, because it would be pointless having two seperate arguements about the same thing.
English_Idiot*
English_Idiot*
May 29th, 2005 at 01:14pm
o ok.. Smile
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
May 29th, 2005 at 01:15pm
i hate racism...people think that just because someone either has different beliefs or darker or lighter skin then it's a bad thing...and it isn't...its a good thing...we should be individual...
what i also don't like is that people only target white people as being racist towards black people...yes i know that that has probably been the most well known type of racism, but black people have been known to be racist against white people, and different religions are racist to each other in some cases too...
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 29th, 2005 at 01:24pm
well, I leave this up to NeoSteph to lock
there's really nothing to debate here since we all hate racism here...so it's NeoSteph's desicion to lock

and I'm against racism, my first girlfriend was black and the coolest girl in my state, until she moved
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2005 at 01:27pm
i'm going to give them to 8.30 to get a discussion going, because i think aylum especially is very controversial, but if it doesn't get interesting it goes bye bye.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 29th, 2005 at 01:31pm
NeoSteph:
i'm going to give them to 8.30 to get a discussion going, because i think aylum especially is very controversial, but if it doesn't get interesting it goes bye bye.
I don't think anyone here knows what that is
bloodstone
Geek
bloodstone
May 29th, 2005 at 01:42pm
i can't stand watching those daytime talk shows like Elder where they bring on people who are completely racist...and don't have any reasons for it. i mean it's funny to watch them stutter through their suppossed reasoning, while the rest of everyone tears them apart, but the people that are like "White supremacy!" and "White women are taking all of the black men!" are so annoying... Rolling Eyes

it's like, get with the times dude...or go back to 1950...
Gillian
Gillian
May 29th, 2005 at 02:22pm
Do any of us really think racism achieves anything? No, and it should not be tolerated.

As for asylum, I'm rather on the fence. If the people are fleeing from their country because of fear of getting killed, horrific conditions, a dictatorship government etc. etc. then what can we do but accept them? However, the amount of asylum seekers is alarmingly large (apparently) and what I don't agree with is our government giving the majority of their time, money and effort to these people, rather than it's native citizens. Also, asylum seekers take jobs and housing that some people over here really need.

Back to racism again, have you ever noticed that in most music videos made by coloured people there are hardly any white people in it, but in white people's videos there is usually a mix of both? I'm not saying that all coloured people think like this, but if this is the general "attitude" then perhaps they are just as much to blame as white people who have in the past taken most of the thwacking.
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
May 29th, 2005 at 04:03pm
well i'm half chinese and when i was younger people used to slag me so of course i hate racism.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
May 29th, 2005 at 04:10pm
i hate racism and i don't get what all the fuss about asylum seekers is. If someone is going to get shot for walking down the wrong street or something where they live then of course they deserve the right to move to a safer place. I don't think that asylum seekers should be given a lot of benifits though, (then again i dissagree with the uk's benefit system in general) i think they should be given just enough until they get a decent job or whatever and then be given basic child benefits. I really don't see what the problem is. They aren't stealing our jobs, they are adding to the economy.
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
May 30th, 2005 at 05:11am
I think racism is pathectic and as for asylum seekers i dont see what the problem is, if they are not safe in their country then we are helping save lives and i dont think they are stealing our jobs, if they have the skills then they are just as worthy of the job as anyone else. I think they should be treated fairly and helped untill they get a job and contribute to our ecomony the same as everyone else
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 30th, 2005 at 05:41am
*Murderdolls*:
I think racism is pathectic and as for asylum seekers i dont see what the problem is, if they are not safe in their country then we are helping save lives and i dont think they are stealing our jobs, if they have the skills then they are just as worthy of the job as anyone else. I think they should be treated fairly and helped untill they get a job and contribute to our ecomony the same as everyone else
Clap well said
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
May 30th, 2005 at 05:54am
basketcase17:
*Murderdolls*:
Clap well said

Why thank you *bows*
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 30th, 2005 at 07:04am
*Murderdolls*:
basketcase17:
*Murderdolls*:
Clap well said

Why thank you *bows*
haha
English_Idiot*
English_Idiot*
May 31st, 2005 at 10:13am
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 1st, 2005 at 10:16am
Personally I'm not racist I couldn't give a fuck what colour someones skin is but I would like to point out that racism works both ways whites to blacks and visa versa, on several occasions I have had racist slurs thrown at me, and all I think is, if I say anything back, it will be me in trouble not them! Which is kinda fucked!

People need to realise that not everything done to a different race is racist, if someone hits me I won't care what colour their skin is, I'll hit them back in defence, if someone makes a comment about the colour of my skin, surely I can make one back about theirs????

maybe people should think about that!
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 1st, 2005 at 10:20am
Comrade182:
Personally I'm not racist I couldn't give a fuck what colour someones skin is but I would like to point out that racism works both ways whites to blacks and visa versa, on several occasions I have had racist slurs thrown at me, and all I think is, if I say anything back, it will be me in trouble not them! Which is kinda fucked!

People need to realise that not everything done to a different race is racist, if someone hits me I won't care what colour their skin is, I'll hit them back in defence, if someone makes a comment about the colour of my skin, surely I can make one back about theirs????

maybe people should think about that!

Yeah you are right i mean alot more would be done if a white person made racist comments but if a black person does then it isnt made into this huge deal but i suppose people are just trying to make up for what their countries did in the past to black people i.e slaves
Register