Should Corporal punish be imposed?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 19th, 2006 at 02:47pm
Lexx. Like Woah.:
I wouldn't actuallytorture someone. But I still like thinking about torturing them, it helps you feel better

agreed!!
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
February 19th, 2006 at 03:10pm
Hell no. My parents don't like it because they feel the school has no right to hit me. They would rather do it themselves

If you're not my parents and your trying to punish me, don't fucking touch me.

Once they tried to give me swats without my parents permission....they seemed eager.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
February 22nd, 2006 at 12:19pm
Hell Yes!
This country is turning into a fucking disgrace. Everyone gets away with too much. If there was a little bit of discipline then maybe it wouldnt be in such a bad state.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 22nd, 2006 at 12:35pm
Baroness Buxton:
Hell Yes!
This country is turning into a fucking disgrace. Everyone gets away with too much. If there was a little bit of discipline then maybe it wouldnt be in such a bad state.

So you don't mind being beaten, bruised and broken whilst at school?

I know I would.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
February 23rd, 2006 at 12:58pm
Bloodraine:
Baroness Buxton:
Hell Yes!

I know I would.
d

epends what i'd done and if i deserved it
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 23rd, 2006 at 01:48pm
Bloodraine:
Baroness Buxton:
Hell Yes!

I know I would.

dont you think though if schools had more rights to chastice us then there perhaps wouldnt be has many young people causing havoc on our streets at night and perhaps it will have a knock on effect with they're perants aswell, when they had the cane there were less crimes (and that has been prooven) then there are now. the police were allowed to slap you accross the head and when you went home to tell your parents and they asked you why and you told them (as long has you told them the truth) they gave you a slap aswell Young people dont know how lucky they have it these days we couldnt divorce or sue our folks when we were little, Yes bad things happened to me but i am not going out breaking into cars and breaking windows and mugging old people, people today have had it easy and it will only get easier if the schools are not alowed to punish children accordingly, they have detentions and lunchtime detentions that isnt eoungh.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 24th, 2006 at 04:58am
I hate that phrase: "Young people don't know how lucky they are these days."

But yeah, we're so lucky, we get war, bird flu, AIDS, global warming... What a wonderful time to be young and the world's your oyster.

Even if it is going to end.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 24th, 2006 at 05:30am
John Simm Is Love:

But yeah, we're so lucky, we get war, bird flu, AIDS, global warming... What a wonderful time to be young and the world's your oyster.

and dont you think they were there when we were younger because they were. I heard of aids when i was 10. And global warming has been somthing that hs been happening for years they were talking about CFC'S when i was much younger, ok i admit that we didnt know about bird flu but we heard about a lot more deadly viruses.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 24th, 2006 at 04:36pm
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:

and dont you think they were there when we were younger because they were. I heard of aids when i was 10. And global warming has been somthing that hs been happening for years they were talking about CFC'S when i was much younger, ok i admit that we didnt know about bird flu but we heard about a lot more deadly viruses.
Yes, but it's not fair the way people brand us as hooligans.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 04:39pm
John Simm Is Love:

Because there were never any young hooligans back in my day, aye. Folk could leave their doors unlocked at night, so they could. Eh...young 'uns have it so much easier nowadays, you know. There were never such things as television or t'internet back in my day. Oh no.

I sound like my Grandmother. Cool
Jar Of D!rt
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jar  Of D!rt
February 24th, 2006 at 08:29pm
Bloodraine:
John Simm Is Love:

Because there were never any young hooligans back in my day, aye. Folk could leave their doors unlocked at night, so they could. Eh...young 'uns have it so much easier nowadays, you know. There were never such things as television or t'internet back in my day. Oh no.

I sound like my Grandmother. Cool

lol
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 24th, 2006 at 08:31pm
John Simm Is Love:
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:

i know not all of you are hooligans most of you are law abiding people who just want to live life, that is because you have a decent amount of deceny for other people.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
February 24th, 2006 at 10:09pm
My parents have no problem beating me. They think it's necessary. I hate that. When I get in trouble, I get hit. My parents were very...rough? They used to be so...strict and mean. But when they got divorced they loosened up. They still hit me sometimes, but only when they think I'm REALLY out of line. Like once they made me grab my ankles and hit me on the back with an oar. It hurt.

And any school, teacher, priciple, etc. that think they have the right to hit a kid that isn't thiers is WRONGO!

I've come up with the theory that maybe they like the power and some may be...sadistic. I've seen how they look and laugh right before they're about to hit you, and I don't like it. THEY need to straighten. Hitting a child is't goin got straighten them out, it just messes them up. And instils into their brain that violence is okay. I don't like any of it.
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
February 24th, 2006 at 11:19pm
if you hit a child when you're mad then you show them that you hit when you're mad, but if you tell them that you're going to spank them and they do whatever they did wrong AGAIN, and as long as you take a "cool off session" before hitting the child, then you show them consistancy. a child needs consistency in order to know where "the line" is. bt with teachers, they don't usually hit the child themselves in my school district. it's usually the advisors or the principals that do it, and I don't think that someone who didn't warn in the first place should dicipline, although, I'm not in favor of corporal punishment in schools at alll.

wow.... I sound like my mother *shakes head* god, I'm too much like her already... Confused
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 05:54am
Katara1997:
if you hit a child when you're mad then you show them that you hit when you're mad, but if you tell them that you're going to spank them and they do whatever they did wrong AGAIN, and as long as you take a "cool off session" before hitting the child, then you show them consistancy. a child needs consistency in order to know where "the line" is. bt with teachers, they don't usually hit the child themselves in my school district. it's usually the advisors or the principals that do it, and I don't think that someone who didn't warn in the first place should dicipline, although, I'm not in favor of corporal punishment in schools at alll.

wow.... I sound like my mother *shakes head* god, I'm too much like her already... Confused

i have to admit that smaking a child is wrong however a SOFT smakc accross the back of the legs does no one any harm and anyway it should be used only has a last resort i am not saying beat them up and make them black and blue.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
February 25th, 2006 at 12:09pm
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:

i know not all of you are hooligans most of you are law abiding people who just want to live life, that is because you have a decent amount of deceny for other people.
I still feel that young people shouldn't be physically punished for something they did wrong.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 12:35pm
John Simm Is Love:
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:
Magne:
John Simm Is Love:

I still feel that young people shouldn't be physically punished for something they did wrong.

so its ok for them to go and break inot peoples homes, cars and cause havoc in the streets? A slap on the wrist is not something that wokrs anymore or should we just get these people together and talk about wahst bothering them? Thats a loud of crap that approach doesnt work. Or should we send them of to camp so they can enjoy themselfs while the people they have hurt keep hurting.
TresFine
TresFine
February 25th, 2006 at 10:52pm
yes it is to the ones that deserve it.like the mothers or fathers that hurt there kids or rape them.they deserve to be punish in every way.also the gang members that shoot innocent kids in cross fire should be punish too
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 9th, 2006 at 11:56am
some people there is no other way to make them listen. there was this one kid in my old class who caused so much trouble. he got shouted at, he got given detentions, nothing worked. i think the only cases where corporal punishment should be used is if there is no other way, as an absolute last resort. only problem is, it could give teachers a bigger ego than ever before, and alot of them think they are gods anyway
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 01:14am
Anji:
I died without a name:
Anji:
The proper way to discipline a child.

Finger

spanking is pointless
a kid hits some other kid and then a adult hits the kid who hit the other kid
what does that teach the kid?
its ok to hit people
It teaches the kid that it is bad to hit someone for the wrong reasons. Discipline doesn't involve, 'Hey, I'm bored, I'm going to kick the shit out of my kid.'

If a child is misbehaving, they will need a smack. It's how we've always been taught, since prehistoric days. It's how we learn. Most kids who've never been hit by parents, I find, usually have parents who spoil their kids silly. I know now that you're going to pop up and say, 'Oh, well, but my parents never hit me and i'm all proper and blah, blah, blah.' Well it's not you then, it's other children.
And there's no need to flip me just for disagreeing with you. Otherwise wars would have been fought with middle fingers, not guns.

I, personally, don't think there is ever a good reason to hit someone aside from self defense. So, a child behaving badly is not a justified reason to hit someone, I think its just silly that fully grown adults have to resort to a violent level to deal with children. Who is suppose to be the more intelligent person in that situation?

lmfao Are you using the fact that cave men used violence to deal with conflicts as a reason to justify what you're saying? Society has progressed and advanced in multiple ways since then, I would seriously hope that we don't still behave as we did in prehistoric times. I think that degrades your arguement quite a bit more than it helps it. I don't know about you, but I learn in all kinds of ways. I don't need someone hitting me to learn something. In all honesty I would learn anything, I'd just fear something that way. We are a much smarter, more developed life form than that. We don't need to control kids with fear.

I don't think parents who spank their kids are horrible people, I think they are highly foolish, but thats another matter. It isn't abuse, it's just stupid and immature. But it's their choice on how they wish to raise their kids as long as they dont't do so in an abusive fashion. But when it's said that spanking is "the right" thing to do, and you have to do it or your kids will be spoiled, I just laugh. You can't justify hitting a little kid, no way. And there are plenty of parents who choose to actually put forth effort in their parenting and don't resort to silly ways of disciplining a child like hitting them.
Register