December 24th, 2006 at 03:26pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Make you Smile.:
spill_no_sick:
English should be changed
it's too hard to learn

I think it's very easy..
Depends of course..

Yeah.. see I think people only say that over here... because every person on GSB who learned english as a second language said it was extremely easy.

Yup, and I think English is one of those languages you learn when you're listening to it (or reading)

Of course it depends, but it's much easier for me than Italian, Latin or French..
bi_bu_ra
Rotting On Here
bi_bu_ra

Mibba
December 24th, 2006 at 03:30pm
spill_no_sick:
English should be changed
it's too hard to learn
No, I think it's easy. I've been learning Italian for 8 years and I'm not as half good as in English, which I've been learining for 4 years. I don't want to say that I'm not good in Italian, I want to say English is really easy.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 06:47pm
WeFoundTheDuck:
Bloodraine:
WeFoundTheDuck:
If you are going to a country to live and work, then you should learn the language.

End of story.

Why?

I hate to say this, but your opinion is not "end of story" Wink

Embarassed

Pardon me. I got carried away.
Don't be so harsh.
Honestly, I agree.
America is a free country and all. It's open for foreigners to explore their destinations and to live their lives as free citizens.
However, there are certain rules to abide by.
Though it's not written anywhere, if you are going to live in America, you should try and learn the language, no questions asked.
English is the number one international language in all of the world.
Failure to communicate in English can cause many hardships in these foreigners' lives.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 05:41am
Quick Silver.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Bloodraine:
WeFoundTheDuck:
If you are going to a country to live and work, then you should learn the language.

End of story.

Why?

Embarassed

Don't be so harsh.
Honestly, I agree.
America is a free country and all. It's open for foreigners to explore their destinations and to live their lives as free citizens.
Though it's not written anywhere, if you are going to live in America, you should try and learn the language, no questions asked.
Failure to communicate in English can cause many hardships in these foreigners' lives.

Less than 6% if the worlds population speak English as a mother tongue.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 12:40pm
Bloodraine:
Quick Silver.:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Bloodraine:
WeFoundTheDuck:

End of story.

Why?

Embarassed

Don't be so harsh.
Honestly, I agree.

Less than 6% if the worlds population speak English as a mother tongue.

I think she meant it as it's the most common language everyone has in common as a second language....although i do believe that spanish could rival that hmmm.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 12:46pm
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 01:55pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
English actually did not entirely originate in England. It just flourished their as a common language after the 'drafts' if you like, of the English language were introduced by Germanic invaders. The map is also inncorrect...or old, because Quebec should be gray and New Brunswick should be light blue.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:01pm
I don't think there's much of a point in learning English since in a few years, maybe fifty, maybe a hundred, who knows, it'll split into a bunch of different languages. Like a modern Sanskrit.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 27th, 2006 at 02:05pm
also thisis slightly off topic but hey, english people were speaking a form of welsh before the english language was spoken, and in fact the welsh are the true english people.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:06pm
Lucifers Angel:
also thisis slightly off topic but hey, english people were speaking a form of welsh before the english language was spoken, and in fact the welsh are the true english people.
Welsh power! Cool

Goddam Germans just had to throw us off our rockers.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 27th, 2006 at 02:07pm
Anji:
Lucifers Angel:
Welsh power! Cool

Goddam Germans just had to throw us off our rockers.

lol
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:08pm
This is off topic, but Welsh and Celtic are the coolest sounding languages ever.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:10pm
lyrical_gaah52:
This is off topic, but Welsh and Celtic are the coolest sounding languages ever.
Agreed, but I'm betting you've never hear Aramaic. They come in a close tie.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 27th, 2006 at 02:11pm
Anji:
lyrical_gaah52:

ive been told that aramic sounds slightly welsh
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:15pm
Lucifers Angel:
Anji:
lyrical_gaah52:

O_o It sounds nothing the sorts.

Maybe because I know Welsh, but it doesn't at all sound like it. It's more a blend of Greek, Arabic, and Latin...sorta. Difficult to describe. You need to hear it. I heard it in a cathedral in Jeruselam once. They have old recording of the Bible and such, but it's hard to come across nowadays.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:17pm
Anji:
Lucifers Angel:
Anji:
lyrical_gaah52:

Maybe because I know Welsh, but it doesn't at all sound like it. It's more a blend of Greek, Arabic, and Latin...sorta. Difficult to describe. You need to hear it. I heard it in a cathedral in Jeruselam once. They have old recording of the Bible and such, but it's hard to come across nowadays.

Urdu is also a beautiful language. Lots of f's and z' s and Kh's and it's just so...pretty. Do we have a topic for dicussing languages themselves? Like, how nice they sound or something?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 27th, 2006 at 02:18pm
Please get on topic, this thread isn't about how languages sound.
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 31st, 2006 at 12:15pm
it kind of depends what job you apply for.
R A V E
Geek
R A V E
December 31st, 2006 at 12:17pm
lyrical_gaah52:
Anji:
Lucifers Angel:
Anji:
lyrical_gaah52:

Urdu is also a beautiful language. Lots of f's and z' s and Kh's and it's just so...pretty. Do we have a topic for dicussing languages themselves? Like, how nice they sound or something?

Off topic
Daarn
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Daarn
January 1st, 2007 at 06:54pm
I live in Glasgow in Scotland, where everyone speaks English, but at home I speak Galic and I think it would be great if people spoke Galic in like, a shop or somthing bloody somewhere other than the highlands.
Anyway I think that was offtopic, I dunno.
Sorry..
Register