Jail time

AuthorMessage
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
June 13th, 2005 at 01:13pm
I don't know how this will go but..

How do you people feel about jail people coming out early for being good?
Like people coming out in 5 years instead of 7 for being good.

I don't think it's right because killers could come out early and then start killing people again.
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 13th, 2005 at 01:15pm
I dont think its right because they shouldnt have committed the crime and obviously they are going to try to be good to get out earlier but then they could just go and commit another crime
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 13th, 2005 at 01:51pm
I think it's fine, if they show change...it's hard to put up an act for that long anyway
Effy
Addict
Effy
June 13th, 2005 at 02:03pm
if you commited a serious crime how can you can come out for being good Confused you still need to be punished....
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 13th, 2005 at 02:43pm
i think it depends on what the crime is. if you stole something or something like that i dont see why not, but if you're a convincted murder that's probably not a good idea...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 13th, 2005 at 02:58pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i think it depends on what the crime is. if you stole something or something like that i dont see why not, but if you're a convincted murder that's probably not a good idea...
they won't let a murderer out
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 13th, 2005 at 03:01pm
Uh.. there's this new law called "truth-in-sentencing" and it states that there will be no Early Release anymore. If you are sentenced to 10 years, you will get ten years. They can add more years but you can't get out early anymore.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 13th, 2005 at 03:07pm
spill_no_sick:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:

yea they will. i saw it on unsolved mysteries today... 1st degree murderer too. theyre probably just not suppossed too...
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 13th, 2005 at 04:51pm
no they can...and it's not right...i mean if it's "petty" crime then ok fair enough, but if you're a serial killer and you've killed for years and years then you aren't going to change like that...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 13th, 2005 at 04:52pm
....truth in sentencing people.. it's the new law.. look it up
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
June 13th, 2005 at 08:22pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
spill_no_sick:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:

yea they will. i saw it on unsolved mysteries today... 1st degree murderer too. theyre probably just not suppossed too...

ahhh dude I was watching that to lol
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 10:54am
Satans Best Friend o_O:
I don't know how this will go but..

How do you people feel about jail people coming out early for being good?
Like people coming out in 5 years instead of 7 for being good.

I don't think it's right because killers could come out early and then start killing people again.

it doesn't work like that (not in the UK anyway), with prisoners they are given a minimum sentance, so that they have to fulfill that sentance, probably around 30 years, before they can even go before a parole board.
Yeah, i think they should be let out early for good behaviour the prisons are full as it is. But prisons dont really work, a large number of people who leave prison re-offend because as they have no training or qualifications there only choice is to commit crimes.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 10:56am
GreenDayIsBetter:
Uh.. there's this new law called "truth-in-sentencing" and it states that there will be no Early Release anymore. If you are sentenced to 10 years, you will get ten years. They can add more years but you can't get out early anymore.

thats a bad law if you ask me, the chance of shorter sentances is an incentive to behave in prison and maybe even do something with their lives
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 14th, 2005 at 11:17am
i124q:
GreenDayIsBetter:

thats a bad law if you ask me, the chance of shorter sentances is an incentive to behave in prison and maybe even do something with their lives

yea, that's true. like i said before, i can see letting people who stole something or vandalized something or something smaller like that out on good behavior, but not murderer's or rapists.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 14th, 2005 at 12:54pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
GreenDayIsBetter:

yea, that's true. like i said before, i can see letting people who stole something or vandalized something or something smaller like that out on good behavior, but not murderer's or rapists.

They made the law for a reason: people getting let out early were getting into trouble again. Now they're just simply not going to let them out early.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 01:00pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
GreenDayIsBetter:

They made the law for a reason: people getting let out early were getting into trouble again. Now they're just simply not going to let them out early.

people not getting out early are getting into trouble again! prison just doesnt work.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 14th, 2005 at 01:02pm
i124q:
GreenDayIsBetter:
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
i124q:
GreenDayIsBetter:

exactly.. damn prison..

people not getting out early are getting into trouble again! prison just doesnt work.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 14th, 2005 at 01:15pm
but there isnt that law in the UK is there?
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 14th, 2005 at 01:27pm
i don't know... when i say stuff like that i'm talking for america.. quite commenting on my comments saying shit like "WE DON'T ALL LIVE IN AMERICA!" I'm not speaking for any other countries! I'm talking to the americans okay!!
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 14th, 2005 at 01:34pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
....truth in sentencing people.. it's the new law.. look it up

thats what you said to my comment, so i was just wonderin why sinse i was speakin for my country
Register