Plastic surgery

AuthorMessage
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
June 14th, 2005 at 05:28am
hello, i was wondereing what people think about plastic surgery
in my opinion there are down sides and good things about it. like if a child has a problem and their face is really messed up, then it's nice that they can fix it so they won't have problems later. and if people have very bad self esteam (sp?) they can maybe fix one thing to make it look natural. the down sides are that many become addicts to it, and wrong things can happen while performing the sieger (sp?)

i was wondering what you people think and feel about it Wink
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
June 14th, 2005 at 08:56am
Yea i agree with you...
I mean if your getting it too like raise your self esteem or like you said if a child has a problem with his/her face then go for it,but if your getting it for a like a stupid reason like boob surgery and you get addictided too it than thats like a dunb reason too get the surgery..
Greenblade
Jackass
Greenblade
June 14th, 2005 at 09:20am
i think that in most cases it is unneeded and dangerous.
EchoBrain
Falling In Love With The Board
EchoBrain
June 14th, 2005 at 10:02am
I think its ok, if you've been badly injured in some kind of accident.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 14th, 2005 at 10:05am
it should only be used for medicine, girls if you get a boob job, chances are you'll make them too big for the good guys, and you'll get the guys that only want to sleep with you, only for medical reasons....I've had it, but if I didn't I'd be dead, so it's okay for stuff like that, if you half enough self-esteem to think you need more, you have too much already
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
June 14th, 2005 at 10:12am
any kind of surgery shouldn't be taken lightyl and i think there are way too many extreme makeover shows that skip over the issue that there are always risks with anaesthetic...
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 14th, 2005 at 10:55am
i say, if you wanna look like a fucking plastic barbie, that's up to you. but i personally think it's stupid.

i also have this believe that since it's basically required now-a-days to get braces if you're teeth arent perfect, i think that in like 20-50 years it'll go even further and it'll be standard and expected for people to get a nose job if they're nose isnt perfect or something else along those lines. because i could see our society going even more down the tubes like that, seeing as in general we're not very smart...
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2005 at 11:01am
Its really just a case of choice, if someone wants to get plastic surgery, why shouldn't they? It may have risks, but their obviously willing to go through with them. As, for these addicts if someones looking for a lot of money...becoming a plastic surgeon is clearly not a bad option.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 14th, 2005 at 01:43pm
i was watching this programme on it, and kids go there with severe burns and stuff and it changes their lives around, but then there are people that go there and pay someone to pump artificial crap into their body whilst they've been knocked out. not only is that un-needed but dangerous. so basically the same as what everyone else has said, but that's how i feel
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
June 14th, 2005 at 02:04pm
i would never have it. I mean its just really vain if you have to add plastic to your face to make it look more appealing to others. I can understand why people who have got burns and stuff have it but for people who have nothing wrong with their faces why the fuck?? I know its their choice but personally i would never have it done, as much as i may not like my appearence adding plastic to it won't help....i mean look at micheal jackson
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 14th, 2005 at 02:07pm
warning_05:
i would never have it. I mean its just really vain if you have to add plastic to your face to make it look more appealing to others. I can understand why people who have got burns and stuff have it but for people who have nothing wrong with their faces why the fuck?? I know its their choice but personally i would never have it done, as much as i may not like my appearence adding plastic to it won't help....i mean look at micheal jackson

lmfao...good old jacko...i think he looked better before all the plasticness..that's my personal opinion, anyone that would like to dissagree ok lol...
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
June 14th, 2005 at 02:54pm
im all for plastic surgery, first because it not just for cosmetic reasons, say you had an accident and needed something fixed or w/e. but if it is for cosmetic reasons i agree with it too, if it makes you feel better about yourslef than fine, i personally would consider getting any if i felt i needed it, but it doesnt make you a bad person in any way...
LordsOfDogTown<5
LordsOfDogTown<5
June 14th, 2005 at 04:46pm
ppl who do plastic surgery are insecure of themselves and it shows that they dont appreciate what they have. But some ppl really need to survive in this world we are living in these days, the society and everything.
Franny.
Franny.
June 14th, 2005 at 08:14pm
It's kinda of a two way thing. Yah people can have had accidents and need to fix something, they have an excuse. But for the young girls who get boob jobs just cuz they wanna look like Brittany Spears, that's just stupid. The media corrupts so many people now, everyone gets fuckin plastic surgery. We don't need barbies anymore, most humans are.

If you're born with something weird, you're born with it, you're special. You don't need plastic surgery to fix it up, it's all natural.

but still in the end, it's the person's choice, maybe they think they need it more than we know.
american_idiot_94
american_idiot_94
June 14th, 2005 at 08:54pm
LordsOfDogTown<3:
ppl who do plastic surgery are insecure of themselves and it shows that they dont appreciate what they have. But some ppl really need to survive in this world we are living in these days, the society and everything.

it doesnt mean they dont appricaite it, obviously they car enough about themsleves and their presence to want to look good, they do it for themselves not anyone else
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
June 14th, 2005 at 10:55pm
If it's needed, it's fine. But it's a dangerous thing to go through. So if you're doing it for stupid reason. Ahem, boob jobs, then I think it's stupid.
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
June 15th, 2005 at 01:53am
if people need it for cosmetic reasons, its stupid. but if they want some weird gooey substance stuck inside their body doing who knows what [[molding...rotting...]] then thats their choice.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 15th, 2005 at 11:25am
i think you should be comfortable with your shape and if you think your too fat, excersise, dont moan and complain and then get expensive un-nesessary surgery.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 15th, 2005 at 12:25pm
Most people who have surgery are vain and insecure, but if it's affecting your life then you have the right to change it...Like if you have big burns....this isn't plastic surgery, more cosmetic surgery...but i had a mole removed because i was getting the shit bullied out of me for it and now i'm a lot less picked on...well ok that's a lie but it gives them one less name to call me....
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 15th, 2005 at 12:29pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
Most people who have surgery are vain and insecure, but if it's affecting your life then you have the right to change it...Like if you have big burns....this isn't plastic surgery, more cosmetic surgery...but i had a mole removed because i was getting the shit bullied out of me for it and now i'm a lot less picked on...well ok that's a lie but it gives them one less name to call me....
yeah see i understand why people get it done for that reason but whats the reason for getting bigger boobs part from the fact that you would look stupid if they were too big like Jordan (i realise some people may not know who she is but she had a boob job and there massive!!) and would just look like a Barbie!
Register