AuthorMessage
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
June 22nd, 2005 at 11:28am
Comrade182:
eberneezer_egghead:
Comrade182:
I'm a bit confussed, is this topic saying about how long people who have sex with minors should be in prison? or is it asking if men and woman are being treated differently in the courts?
yeah... its actually stupid. But if thats the law, then let them get on with it.

That really didn't answer my question!

Basically this thread is kinda about both....i mean should she have got a bigger sentance and did she get a small sentance because she is a female
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 22nd, 2005 at 11:28am
^^^i hope that helps you out
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 22nd, 2005 at 03:42pm
Satans Best Friend:
In america theres this lady named Mary Kay Laturno(sp?) and she was a 6th
grade teacher and she had sex with one of here 11 year old students Villie Valuo(sp?)
anywho they did it a couple times and they were caught
well, she went to jail and she found out she was pregnant and stuff this happend in
the late 90's but anyways she ended up having 2 kids with him. She went to
jail for a couple of years and recently she got out and they also married
in like March or May..can't remember.

That name is kinda like Ville Valo hmmmmmm Confused
Anyway i think that the situations are different because the girl was violated but the lad wanted it and ushed for it, but in both cases a crime was committed and someone should do the time. They were both adults and had a responsibility and both took advantage
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
June 23rd, 2005 at 07:50pm
i don't remember her name, but i think the story sounds vaguely familliar, i don't think she should have gotten as long as 6 years, but she should have gotten a few years. i think she was let off too easily coz she's a women, but i suppose with things like that women usually are, coz usual the offenders (sp?) are male. and it was once thought that a woman could not murder, so ages ago some murders went unsolved.
TrEsXBiAtChX12
TrEsXBiAtChX12
June 23rd, 2005 at 11:11pm
She shouldn't have like had sex with the kid in the first place. You are not supposed to have sex with anyone under the age of 18 if you are like ten times older than them. If she was his age I would understand. But yeah she should have gotten a bigger punishment no matter what gender she was!
TheWaithering
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheWaithering
June 23rd, 2005 at 11:20pm
I think it still matters if the kid wanted it or not or if the teacher came onto the kid or the other way around. You can't really compare the two because they are different cases.
TheWaithering
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TheWaithering
June 23rd, 2005 at 11:21pm
Oh just one thing. Those of you who are saying that she should've got at least year, 22 months is almost 2 years dimwits.
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 24th, 2005 at 01:35pm
1. I think that men and women should be treated equally in courts. So if a man and a woman do the same thing, in the same way, they get the punishment.

2. I think that they should get longer sentences, but also (i know this is the case in America) if someone admits to child molestation then they get 6 - 7 years, if they keep saying their innocent they get something stupid like two life sentences. I think it should be the other way round with them being trialed again with any evidence after the sentence!

It's very stupid! Confused
maya (american jesus)
Jackass
maya (american jesus)
June 24th, 2005 at 01:45pm
if the adult person was male or female, that doesnt matter. what matters is that if two ppl really have a relationship and they love each other, even if it isnt for a lifetime (wich you of course cant say before it ended), should be able to have sex. if the minor is like 11, okay then i should say its a lack of responsibility from the adult. but when a girl is sixteen and a guy is 21, and they love each other and both want to have an adulr relationship, i think nothing's wrong with that. but when the minor doesnt want to have sex than it becomes rape (sp?) and no matter if the victim was adult or minor, the raper should be punished for this.
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 24th, 2005 at 01:50pm
maya:
if the adult person was male or female, that doesnt matter. what matters is that if two ppl really have a relationship and they love each other, even if it isnt for a lifetime (wich you of course cant say before it ended), should be able to have sex. if the minor is like 11, okay then i should say its a lack of responsibility from the adult. but when a girl is sixteen and a guy is 21, and they love each other and both want to have an adulr relationship, i think nothing's wrong with that. but when the minor doesnt want to have sex than it becomes rape (sp?) and no matter if the victim was adult or minor, the raper should be punished for this.

In the eys of the law, as long as the younger of the couple is over the age of consent then there is no problem, the parents might not like it but thats the way it is. Of course the US age of consent is 18 I think, whereas in England it's only 16, so it kindda gets confusing. Why can 16 year old brits consent to sex, but not 17 year old americans?? I mean, it's a bit dumb considering isn't it!

(Soryy if I got the US age of consent wrong, I'm a brit, I don't know!)
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
June 24th, 2005 at 04:29pm
Comrade182:
maya:

In the eys of the law, as long as the younger of the couple is over the age of consent then there is no problem, the parents might not like it but thats the way it is. Of course the US age of consent is 18 I think, whereas in England it's only 16, so it kindda gets confusing. Why can 16 year old brits consent to sex, but not 17 year old americans?? I mean, it's a bit dumb considering isn't it!

(Soryy if I got the US age of consent wrong, I'm a brit, I don't know!)

yeah i totally don't get why the age of consent to have sex is different between American and the UK but i dont' really get alot of differences between that sorta thing
I mean surely a 16yr old british person is gonna be seen as responisble as an american 16 yr old aren't they?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 25th, 2005 at 06:54pm
it should be allowed, but then it makes rape with a minor easier to get away with
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 25th, 2005 at 08:16pm
is that the girl who's now married to him? like she left her family and married that boy?
hell_kid
Geek
hell_kid
June 27th, 2005 at 08:56am
well, if the australian boy consented to it, surely it isnt as bad as an affir which wasnt concented to?
hell_kid
Geek
hell_kid
June 27th, 2005 at 08:56am
well, if the australian boy consented to it, surely it isnt as bad as an affir which wasnt concented to?
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
August 2nd, 2005 at 04:34am
hehe, everytine i see this topic i always think it says "mirror" not "minor". other than that, i have nothing nore to say on this subkect, i said my thoughts on the previous page.
St.JimmyT9109
Geek
St.JimmyT9109
August 2nd, 2005 at 07:46pm
in a town a few hours away from where i live theres this 22 year old guy that got a 13 (now 14) year old girl pregnet and her parents gave them permission to get married in kansas...and shes in 8th grade
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
August 3rd, 2005 at 07:40am
St.JimmyT9109:
in a town a few hours away from where i live theres this 22 year old guy that got a 13 (now 14) year old girl pregnet and her parents gave them permission to get married in kansas...and shes in 8th grade

Shocked
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
August 3rd, 2005 at 11:14am
Woah.... Shocked
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 5th, 2005 at 06:52am
I thought this was a bit stupid...i mean he came on to her....while playing basketball and stuff...(i read the article) but then again she didn't stop it or anything... *shrug*
Register