Death

AuthorMessage
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 10:13pm
A lot of people are afraid of living more than they are afraid of dying. I know I'm afraid of living because what if I died while doing something?
Garus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Garus
March 25th, 2011 at 05:56am
Death isn't something I worry about. I don't really find it any different from living. Either way, it's all just so naturally beautiful.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 11:32am
idk lately i've had a religious crisis of a sort, which i think comes from experiencing my sister's best friend's death. most of the people who knew him were so certain that they'd see him again "up there". and on one point i know it's just a way of coping with the loss, but still i'd love it if people who believe this will get to see their loved ones in death.

i've been pretty much undecided about death since i actually thought about it.. i want to believe because that's comforting, someone watching over you, guiding you, deciding for you and in death, judging you on how good you've been and deciding whether you go to heaven or not, or how many years in purgatory... but i can't help but think that it's a lie and i'm still pretty convinced that religion is man-made. nah, not convinced, it's pretty definite to me. but i mean if it's a coping mechanism.. so what?
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 01:57pm
Dana.:
A lot of people are afraid of living more than they are afraid of dying. I know I'm afraid of living because what if I died while doing something?

Then you'd be afraid of dying really.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 25th, 2011 at 08:05pm
Death is a process. Just as living is. I've had a few people close to me die. Some old, some quite young. It never loses its affect.

I've had about 7 near-death experiences so I just try to accomplish as much as possible and see the world, and to be honest I think I'm doing a damn good job.
the libertines.
Geek
the libertines.
March 26th, 2011 at 06:52pm
Squid.:
I think Dana is attempting to say that being afraid of dying can cause you to be afraid of living. You won't truly live your life to the fullest as you are worried about every little thing that could possibly happen to you. If you attempted to prevent everything that may harm you, you would end up never being able to do anything as there's always an element of risk.

At least, that's what I think she was attempting to say, it just wasn't articulated very well.
the libertines.
Geek
the libertines.
March 26th, 2011 at 06:53pm
AnAnnoyinglyLongName:
I've had about 7 near-death experiences so I just try to accomplish as much as possible and see the world, and to be honest I think I'm doing a damn good job.
Wow, how do you manage to have 7 near death experiences?

I'm not being rude but... that's a lot.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 07:55pm
the libertines.:
AnAnnoyinglyLongName:
Wow, how do you manage to have 7 near death experiences?

I'm not being rude but... that's a lot.

No no it's not rude at all. It surprises people. To be honest I didn't think it was a lot until I saw people's reactions.

1 - Almost died at birth (doesn't really count but my mom said it was really close)
2 - Almost drowned; age 6.
3 - Almost fell off a rollercoaster; age 6 or 7.
4 - Hit by a car; age 7.
5 - Almost drowned; age 10.
6 - Almost fell off a cliff while skiing; age 11.
7 - Hit by a motorcycle; age 17.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 27th, 2011 at 03:48pm
Death scares the crap out of me. It's not how I will die, just being dead. I just can't imagine it. Death really started to scare me after I saw The Green Mile in high school. The electric chair was what scared me. I didn't like seeing people be "electricuted".

It's just the thought of not ever waking up that scares me. I mean I'm sure it is just liking being a sleep but never waking up but still. But living forever is scary too.

Ok, I'm done this is making me what to cry.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 28th, 2011 at 07:27pm
the libertines.:
Squid.:
I think Dana is attempting to say that being afraid of dying can cause you to be afraid of living. You won't truly live your life to the fullest as you are worried about every little thing that could possibly happen to you. If you attempted to prevent everything that may harm you, you would end up never being able to do anything as there's always an element of risk.

At least, that's what I think she was attempting to say, it just wasn't articulated very well.

But wouldn't still be fearing death?
GeekStinkBreath21
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GeekStinkBreath21
September 1st, 2011 at 12:44pm
I'm anti-christ. I'm not scared of condemnation or anything for "sinning" or whatever. I believe we live on too, in the souls of our family and friends, the music we make and stuff. So, I'm not too worried. I want to do some more living first though.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 2nd, 2011 at 04:40pm
What does religion have to do with fearing or not fearing death?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
September 3rd, 2011 at 04:41am
Religion can mean that youre not afraid of death, because the religion promises a nice after-life, like paradise

Or a not so nice afterlife by being reincarnated, for Buddhists and Hindus.

It has a lot to do with religion, tbh.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 3rd, 2011 at 04:49pm
I suppose it could. But I mean, I don't think like, that really sets in stone fear or not.
I mean, you can be anit-christ and still fear death and you can be the biggest jesus worshiper and not fear death.
That's bascily what I was trying to get at by saying what does religion have to do with it, because really it's just the person when you get right down to it.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
September 3rd, 2011 at 10:22pm
Sure, it has to do with the person and their moral or what they value etc.
But fearing afterlife isn't the same as fearing death, in my eyes, and as the previous poster said, they weren't afraid of condemnation, which would be afterlife..
I mean death is before afterlife, so you could be afraid of how you die, and be sure that youre going to heaven, or maybe you don't care how you die, because youre going to heaven.. if you believe in heaven or a positive afterlife..

I'm agreeing with you btw, but it goes deeper for me. Dno
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 5th, 2011 at 11:38am
Meh, I suppose so, if you believe in afterlife.
But I mean, if an afterlife is thought of like heaven or something.
And you aren't religious.
But believe in afterlife....then how would relgion play into that?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
September 5th, 2011 at 05:57pm
Well something has to dictate what an afterlife would be described as or how a person views it
I suppose it doesn't have to have to do with a specific religion, but an afterlife is often tied to a religion or several religions. People today have access to learn about many religions, and its more accepted to ~mix and match, and that would be where they might get inspiration for the afterlife they find most probable or most appealing.

If you don't believe in religion, chances are you don't believe in an afterlife, either, though Dno

You could be agnostic and believe in a general spirituality or what have you, and then it would he appropriate to, as I said, mix and match, in what different religions have to offer in the afterlife-department, which a lot of people do, like reincarnation in a positive way (which isn't what traditional Buddhists/Hindus believe) or paradise, etc
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 5th, 2011 at 08:35pm
Yeah, that's all true.
I just don't see how one can say "I am this religion, and so therefore I am(not) afraid of death"
You can't pin it to belifes I guess is what I am trying to get at.
Mrz.Tre Cool
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mrz.Tre Cool

Blog
September 14th, 2011 at 02:15am
I only have one question about death that makes me a little afraid...
What will happen? As in, Where Will I go?
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 14th, 2011 at 11:21pm
I believe in heaven and hell and purgatory but I can't imagine being there forever. I don't think if I go to heaven I'll be on a cloud for eternity. idk it confuses me. But death is my worst fear. I can't imagine just not existing anymore. It scares the shit out of me.
Register