AuthorMessage
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
October 27th, 2010 at 02:33pm
Nada.:
ocean avenue:
seriously, is spanking still legal out there?
Like, in america, is spanking legal?

we made physical parental disciplining illegal in 1997. the last time i was spanked was in 1998, and that was because i had left home without telling my parents. Ever since they made it illegal, my parents have never punished me physically except for that one time.
slapping, spanking, even pinching is illegal if it's to discipline the child. and in my opinion, there is no question. I would never ever physically hurt my child, and i don't really get why people think it's okay.

Btw, if anyone's curious, I googled it - green = all corporal punishment prohibited, blue = corporal punishment in schools only prohibited, and red = corporal punishment not prohibited

Uhm, can I say that it's not always hurting the child, you can give spanking that isn't to hard on the child. But enouhh to get the point across.

There is a difference to me betweem spanking a child, and beating a child.
And I feel like you think of spanking in more of a beating sort of way.

Though, I could be wrong.
well yeah. i realise spanking doesn't have to be like, bruising the kid, but it's still physical discipline, and i think it's really wrong. like Erin said, it could lead to the child fearing the parents instead of having respect.
personally, i don't think you really learn anything from physical discipline. I've always felt like i understood (and learned) my parents' point of view much better when they would sit me down and talk to me about what they thought about the situation instead of just pulling me over their knee and say "BAD! DON'T DO THAT!"
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
October 27th, 2010 at 02:36pm
Desmond Hume:
ocean avenue:

we made physical parental disciplining illegal in 1997. the last time i was spanked was in 1998, and that was because i had left home without telling my parents. Ever since they made it illegal, my parents have never punished me physically except for that one time.
slapping, spanking, even pinching is illegal if it's to discipline the child. and in my opinion, there is no question. I would never ever physically hurt my child, and i don't really get why people think it's okay.

Btw, if anyone's curious, I googled it - green = all corporal punishment prohibited, blue = corporal punishment in schools only prohibited, and red = corporal punishment not prohibited

I wasn't aware it was actually illegal in any countries. I would never use physical discipline against my child. My mom spanked me as a child, and even though it was FAR from "abuse", I still think it's had an influence on me. Like, even now, when she gets really really mad at me, I'm honestly scared to turn my back on her for fear she'll hit me. She never does, and she always says "Oh, stop acting like I'm going to BEAT you", but that's my instinct. I just remember back to when I was younger and she would spank me. And honestly, it didn't teach me any lessons, just how to harbour resentment at a very young age, which has carried over to now in my late teens.
wow. yeah, but that's how i feel sometimes, too. i mean i'm not honestly scared that my dad would hit me or something, not anymore, but i used to be so close with him, and when that happened, i just resented him. i obviously still love my dad, but we argue a lot, and i've never argued much with my mum.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
October 27th, 2010 at 04:34pm
ocean avenue:
Nada.:
ocean avenue:

Uhm, can I say that it's not always hurting the child, you can give spanking that isn't to hard on the child. But enouhh to get the point across.

There is a difference to me betweem spanking a child, and beating a child.
And I feel like you think of spanking in more of a beating sort of way.

Though, I could be wrong.
well yeah. i realise spanking doesn't have to be like, bruising the kid, but it's still physical discipline, and i think it's really wrong. like Erin said, it could lead to the child fearing the parents instead of having respect.
personally, i don't think you really learn anything from physical discipline. I've always felt like i understood (and learned) my parents' point of view much better when they would sit me down and talk to me about what they thought about the situation instead of just pulling me over their knee and say "BAD! DON'T DO THAT!"

Well, see, I was spanked when I was a child by my mother, and when she did it, I never feared her. It got the point across and through me, however, I was a very stuburn child.
So maybe it all depends on the child and there personality triats really would be a better way of thinking of it.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
October 27th, 2010 at 07:19pm
I was never spanked but my brother was and I saw that happen and I was terrified. Yelling at me got the point across ... Hell being yelled at even scares me
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
October 27th, 2010 at 11:19pm
Yelling happened a lot with my older brother and it still scares me to this day. I have nightmares about my brother yelling and saying all these things that weren't true.
Spinnerette
Spinnerette
November 23rd, 2010 at 05:48pm
JOE JONAS:
Voodoo Hussy:
My friends eight year old sister asked if she could borrow a condom for her and her boyfriend Shocked
are you lying

Sorry, only just saw this :')

No, it's true, but we found out that she was watching Mean Girls on TV, so I guess that's where it came from. She probably doesn't even know what a condom is.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 12th, 2011 at 11:30pm
I'm 21, I have a cellphone, I wear makeup, but I do not wear short skirts or short shorts, even though I used to. I wear jeans, t-shirts, and my Vans. I don't care about what other people think because I am my own person. I am still a virgin, but that will change in a couple of years.
coop
coop
January 14th, 2011 at 11:14am
Dana.:
I'm 21, I have a cellphone, I wear makeup, but I do not wear short skirts or short shorts, even though I used to. I wear jeans, t-shirts, and my Vans. I don't care about what other people think because I am my own person. I am still a virgin, but that will change in a couple of years.
You don't have to wear skirts to be a virgin. Shocked

edit: aww I meant "... to be a girl." D: fail.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 12:50pm
Treacle ;3:
Dana.:
You don't have to wear skirts to be a virgin. Shocked

That's not what she is saying.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 01:28pm
Dana.:
what does this have to do with growing up to fast though? are you trying to say girls don't grow up to fast or what?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 03:32pm
JakubHogarddd:
Dana.:
what does this have to do with growing up to fast though? are you trying to say girls don't grow up to fast or what?

I think she is saying that you can dress in short skirst, and what not. And not be growing up to fast.
Or a little whore.

That's what I get from reading it.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 14th, 2011 at 10:43pm
Nada got it.
Register