Smoking

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2005 at 05:03pm
so...what do you think of it?
what do you think of suing tobacco companies for cancer, what do you think about letting smokers out of places?

I think tobacco companies are innocent, they tell you you'll get sick on the box, if you've smoked for fifty years and haven't found time to read something that says SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING or heed any of the millions of warnings, shame on you bitch! don't sue
I think it's wrong to keep smokers out if certain places, unless you're making out with a smoker for fifty years while they're smoking you won't get cancer
and it's wrong to keep ads off of TV, and it's wrong to blame them for wanting to get people to smoke
NO SHIT THEY WANT TO DO IT RETARD! THEY'RE A FUCKING TOBACCO COMPANY!!!!!
retards, why don't you get pissed at Little Debbie's for trying to sell snacks!?

smoking isn't as bad as the media makes it seem, and anyone retarded enough to think smoking will make them cool deserves to lose the money, don't look out for people that stupid, survival of the educated

so I think we're being unfair to smokers and tobacco companies
who cares if it's bad? eating fattening foods is bad too, it's even worse, but we don't care about that because we're fat and tobacco companies are there to blame because we're irresponsible
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 29th, 2005 at 05:31pm
i think it's stupid to sue them for causing cancer. it's clearly labeled that it causes cancer so if you're gonna smoke it you better take the consequences. I.E. cancer!
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 29th, 2005 at 05:34pm
its clearly labld that it can cause cancer. its up tob the people to not read warning and take the risk by smoking. i dont think they should be able to suit the company
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 29th, 2005 at 06:12pm
this topic doesn't seem to be RUNNING like i thought it would.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2005 at 08:22pm
lol
I should have gone last
mollz
mollz
June 29th, 2005 at 11:38pm
I think it's really stupid to smoke. I mean, there are cooler ways to die. But I guess they think "....Hmmm....why not make life shorter by using this nifty cancer stick..?" I know that it's hard to stop for them, but if they really wanted to stop they'd go all out and try really hard.
LordsOfDogTown<5
King For A Couple Of Days
LordsOfDogTown<5
June 30th, 2005 at 01:56am
they should be banned.
the problem is that these people want money

tha'ts all they care about, money.
No, not the lives of others but money
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
June 30th, 2005 at 02:52am
I spose, its not the companies fault, but they do try and push fags, i dnt smoke and dnt want to. It fucks up your life. I also think they should be band, but its not gona happen. Sad
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
June 30th, 2005 at 08:07am
LordsOfDogTown<3:
they should be banned.

*Bows down* Thaaaaaaannnnnnnk yoooooooou. Of course it's the company's fault, they're the ones who peddle this shit in the first place. If they really cared about peoples lives then they wouldnt MAKE the damn things, they wouldnt stick a crap warning that basically says 'yeah these will kill you, but hey, have a pack of twenty, whats the worst that could happen?' And all because people these days care more about cold, hard cash than they do about fellow humans LIVES.

Its fecking stupid. Ban the fucking things.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
June 30th, 2005 at 08:12am
I think that sueing for the cancer thing is wrong, it's just like those fat kids
sueing McDonald's or something for getting fat.

Stupid fucking retards.

Of course if it's says there's a risk of cancer on the box don't you think
you should read and understand those risks?

But, I also think that smoking should be banned from public places.
Innocent people are breathing in that shit, and it's not fair.
Sure, there is 'smoking areas' or whatever they can still breath it in...you
think a couple a feet away is gonna stop you from you breathing it in..no.
It's dumb and it's wrong. Smoke outside you fucking addicted retards.

And another thing, some of them spend hundreds of dollars a year on
that shit.....if your family is broke and your addict when then I just laugh
at you for not taking any responsibility.

So when you die of heart diesease or whatever...you know why assholes.

So that's how I feel...tum duh dum dee dee..
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 30th, 2005 at 09:06am
You can't sue people when you've done something out of your own free will, knowing very well that it was going to make you ill. It's like the whole Macdonalds thing.

I don't think it should be banned but it should be restricted to your own home, those things have rat poison in them, I'd rather people didn't smoke them around me.
->Insert Name Here<
Idiot
->Insert Name Here<
June 30th, 2005 at 09:21am
I think that taking up smoking is a personal choice. Sure it may harm your body, but so will other things like drinking. If you are fully aware of the concequences (sp) and you still smoke then, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
But then afterwards when people get cancer from smoking, people will be looking for someone to blam. So they turn to the tobacco companies, but they never balme themselves, even though they are the ones who choose to smoke in the first place. Its not like someone shoved it into there mouth and made them smoke.
Sorry if that didn't make any sense
LordsOfDogTown<5
LordsOfDogTown<5
June 30th, 2005 at 07:14pm
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
LordsOfDogTown<3:
they should be banned.

*Bows down* Thaaaaaaannnnnnnk yoooooooou. Of course it's the company's fault, they're the ones who peddle this shit in the first place. If they really cared about peoples lives then they wouldnt MAKE the damn things, they wouldnt stick a crap warning that basically says 'yeah these will kill you, but hey, have a pack of twenty, whats the worst that could happen?' And all because people these days care more about cold, hard cash than they do about fellow humans LIVES.

Its fecking stupid. Ban the fucking things.
Hail exactly
rebelious_saint
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rebelious_saint
July 1st, 2005 at 07:43am
->Random Reject<-:
I think that taking up smoking is a personal choice. Sure it may harm your body, but so will other things like drinking. If you are fully aware of the concequences (sp) and you still smoke then, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
But then afterwards when people get cancer from smoking, people will be looking for someone to blam. So they turn to the tobacco companies, but they never balme themselves, even though they are the ones who choose to smoke in the first place. Its not like someone shoved it into there mouth and made them smoke.
Sorry if that didn't make any sense

It did. People need to learn to take responsibity for their own actions. Even though I will agree that the media has a heavy influence on smokers and future smokers, your cancer is your fault....

...if you smoke. This comes from a child in a two-smoking-parents family (luckily they aren't in the same house but now my dad's girlfriend is adding to the smoke). My parents have smoked since before I was born and I grew up around it. It was bad for me as a baby...I wasn't always coughing for no reason. So parents? Don't smoke, God dammit. Nuff said.
EchoBrain
EchoBrain
July 1st, 2005 at 09:17am
down with the cancer sticks I say
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
July 1st, 2005 at 10:42am
as a somker its interesting to see non smokers point of views. The main point about it is that they dont understand. It's easy to go "quit smoking" but have you ever tried it. I started smoking when i was 13 due to peer pressure from friends now im 17 i still smoke, sure back then i thought it was 'cool' now its just an everyday life thing for me, the moment i get up i have a cigarette, its how its been for years. People can preach to me all they want, i'm not listening, i know what im doing to myself, i dont need a lecture every time i spark up. I dont want to quit. Also why is it ok to preach to a smoker about killing themselves that way but it's wrong to go up to a fat person and preach to them about killing themselves with the amount of food they consume, there are also dangers in that. Sure getting lung cancer has never been so easy but if the tobacco companys shut down there would be hell, within the public and industry, think how much money people would lose. I dont look to any one to blame for my actions, its the same thing i do everyday and have been doing for the past 4 nearly 5 years. Maybe one day I'll quit but right now its just too hard.
also the warnings on the packets make me laugh, in fact smokers dont even care about them, my favourite one is "smoking is highly addictive dont start" ok so ive brought them, and now your telling me, i cant help but giggle, they dont put on the bible "religion causes war" or on crisps "salt kills" so people should back off smokers as we know what we're doing.

Another thing, i dont want to become a non-smoker cause i dont want to turn into a winey little bitch "omg you shouldnt smoke...get that away from me"
let people choose what they want to do.... that is all.
folkin' around.
folkin' around.
July 1st, 2005 at 10:48am
Cut_Up_Angel:
as a somker its interesting to see non smokers point of views. The main point about it is that they dont understand. It's easy to go "quit smoking" but have you ever tried it. I started smoking when i was 13 due to peer pressure from friends now im 17 i still smoke, sure back then i thought it was 'cool' now its just an everyday life thing for me, the moment i get up i have a cigarette, its how its been for years. People can preach to me all they want, i'm not listening, i know what im doing to myself, i dont need a lecture every time i spark up. I dont want to quit. Also why is it ok to preach to a smoker about killing themselves that way but it's wrong to go up to a fat person and preach to them about killing themselves with the amount of food they consume, there are also dangers in that. Sure getting lung cancer has never been so easy but if the tobacco companys shut down there would be hell, within the public and industry, think how much money people would lose. I dont look to any one to blame for my actions, its the same thing i do everyday and have been doing for the past 4 nearly 5 years. Maybe one day I'll quit but right now its just too hard.
also the warnings on the packets make me laugh, in fact smokers dont even care about them, my favourite one is "smoking is highly addictive dont start" ok so ive brought them, and now your telling me, i cant help but giggle, they dont put on the bible "religion causes war" or on crisps "salt kills" so people should back off smokers as we know what we're doing.

Another thing, i dont want to become a non-smoker cause i dont want to turn into a winey little bitch "omg you shouldnt smoke...get that away from me"
let people choose what they want to do.... that is all.

Shocked omg...I agree
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
July 1st, 2005 at 11:42am
well, for me, i'll never try. (at least, i'll try not to try.) it's not interesting me at all.
Comrade182
Comrade182
July 1st, 2005 at 11:58am
I'm heavily against smoking personally, I would never try it! And I have very strict ideals that I keep! I will never buy someone cigarettes, if they want to casue themselves damage then they can get off their arse and do it themselves! I also encourage people not to smoke!

I understand that you can't make someone quit! and from what I've heard and seen it's very difficult, so anyone trying to stop gets full support from me!

I don't think it's right that people are trying to sue cigarette companies, the warnings have been around for many years, and one of the first things I learnt (being brought up in a smoking household!) is that smoking is/can be damaging to your health! So any bullshit about people saying they didin't know it's dangerous should get a slap!

I agree with not allowing cigarettes to be advertised, although it probably doesn't help much, you don't need the idea of smoking being good in anyway being sent into the minds of kids! So I agree to keep it out of advertising.

I also would like to point out (I don't know if anyone else has said this!) but the only reason that the governments don't ban smoking is:
1. It's too wide spread now and would be very hard to stop people smoking!
2. They get too much money from the tax they put on it.
Electro Heartbeats.
Electro Heartbeats.
July 1st, 2005 at 12:26pm
i think smoking is stupid, i'm not gonna do it, its a waste of money, i have better things to spend my money on.
Register