Smoking

AuthorMessage
Maphis
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Maphis
August 14th, 2005 at 12:27pm
My parents smoke, but they started when there was no health warnings... they didn't know the dangers. then they got hooked and my mum has been smoking for 30 years and my dad for about 40. They know what it's doing to them but they can't help it... they're hooked. It's not easy to quit. I don't hate them for it, i understand that they can't help it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 14th, 2005 at 12:32pm
Maphis:
My parents smoke, but they started when there was no health warnings... they didn't know the dangers. then they got hooked and my mum has been smoking for 30 years and my dad for about 40. They know what it's doing to them but they can't help it... they're hooked. It's not easy to quit. I don't hate them for it, i understand that they can't help it.

My mom smokes. And I get that it's hard to quit, I don't hate ANYBODY because they smoke. I hate smoking, not smokers. And it probably wouldn't piss me off as much if my mom hadn't already quit once.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:32pm
maybe they should like talk to a thrapist or get the patchy thingies.. yeah quitting an addiction woulb be very hard.. i can't stop sayin "like" and yeah there's nothing addicting to it so it should be harder with smoking
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 14th, 2005 at 12:33pm
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
maybe they should like talk to a thrapist or get the patchy thingies.. yeah quitting an addiction woulb be very hard.. i can't stop sayin "like" and yeah there's nothing addicting to it so it should be harder with smoking

There are therapists people could talk to in rehab. But people don't like doing things that challenge them, quitting isn't easy, people like to do whatever is easiest.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:34pm
patchy thingies are easy.. i think.. maybe worth a try?
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
August 14th, 2005 at 12:35pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:

There are therapists people could talk to in rehab. But people don't like doing things that challenge them, quitting isn't easy, people like to do whatever is easiest.
Therapists don't help anyone. Or maybe they do, maybe they're great help for people who can't think for themselves.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 14th, 2005 at 12:36pm
patchy thingies are easy.. i think.. maybe worth a try?

People just look at anything that would make them quit and say "it's too hard" One of my best friends, her dad smokes, and he bought the patches, but doesn't use them. Again, quitting is too hard, and nobody likes to take a challenge.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 14th, 2005 at 12:37pm
Just like as if:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Therapists don't help anyone. Or maybe they do, maybe they're great help for people who can't think for themselves.

I'm not getting that. I saw a therapist for my depression and it helped me. Can I not think for myself? That's insanely offensive, to me, and to some of my friends, and to my aunt. Just because someone helps you doesn't mean you can't think for yourself.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:37pm
Just like as if:
ExtraodinaryGirl:

Is that what they're for O_o
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:39pm
mwah.. sleepy.. tomorrow.. or... later today... ill come back and check out your ideas.. later
ren
Idiot
ren
August 15th, 2005 at 02:52am
I totally agree seeing a therapist doesnt mean that you cant think for yourself it means that you are honest with yourself and see that you need help from an outside source.

I smoke, i am responsible for my actions and i take full responsiblities for smoking. No one forced me to smoke. Things in my life have made me stressed and look for ways out like smoking (at least for me) and other things but i am still the one who puts that cigarette in my mouth.

Companies can galmorize (?) anything, ads are targeted to specific ages, sex and races. But that still doesnt mean they are responsible. There is a label on the side and the effects are evident. Its an individual choice you make.

hate that i smoke dont hate me.
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
August 15th, 2005 at 02:21pm
i don't think that they should sue anyone for causing cancer, it was the cancer victims fault for smoking when he/she knew what was coming. everyone should take the consiquence for their own actions.
but as for smoking, it is unhealthy and there should be anti-smoking programs in schools to teach students (like they would ever listen) that it's not healthy and not good for them.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 15th, 2005 at 07:45pm
Beetle Juice:
there should be anti-smoking programs in schools to teach students (like they would ever listen) that it's not healthy and not good for them.

There are. None of the kids who smoke listen anyway. At our school we have VKATS to get the kids involved in the anti-smoking community, and some of the kids take it really seriously, most just join so they can get out of class and talk to their friends.
ren
Idiot
ren
August 17th, 2005 at 12:44am
We had DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) in 5th grade but no one was really smoking in 5th grade. Your like 10 in fifth grade anyways. We just thought it was a joke, we had a police oficer come in and stuff. Theyve stopped the program and have something new now. It wasnt that great of a program from what i remember.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
August 17th, 2005 at 12:52am
haveaverygreenday:
We had DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) in 5th grade but no one was really smoking in 5th grade. Your like 10 in fifth grade anyways. We just thought it was a joke, we had a police oficer come in and stuff. Theyve stopped the program and have something new now. It wasnt that great of a program from what i remember.

we had Dare too. people didn't really pay any attention. they still think that it's cool and shit. damn pupils. but now we have.....no anti-drug program. and what i was saying is they need one for every grade and every school.
ren
Idiot
ren
August 17th, 2005 at 01:38am
I agree i mean in 5th grade drugs arent that big of a deal. I think we should have them in high school mostly. Thats where people are most approached about drugs. We should have information that we can use not just stupid things.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
August 17th, 2005 at 02:04am
haveaverygreenday:
I agree i mean in 5th grade drugs arent that big of a deal. I think we should have them in high school mostly. Thats where people are most approached about drugs. We should have information that we can use not just stupid things.

exactly.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 17th, 2005 at 03:04am
Beetle Juice:
haveaverygreenday:

exactly.

i heavily disagree here,

a lot of kids, though they say that sort of thing,

subconsiously make decisions on wants and exp.,

not what they've been told.

i think it takes something like someone who died from that, or talking to someone without a voicebox, to convince some people
ren
Idiot
ren
August 17th, 2005 at 02:59pm
What i meant was we should have information that kids can use and real life stories i think in DARE we had a women with a voice box. But in the end its your choice. Hearing a women talking through a voice box isnt going to change wants and needs though.
Prosthetic Head
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Prosthetic Head
August 25th, 2005 at 01:54pm
i heard about hypnotherapy that makes some people give up. has anyone tried that? i hate smoking, but i don't hate smokers.
Register