Smoking

AuthorMessage
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
September 20th, 2009 at 12:01pm
I don't really know the difference between a bar and pub, but I don't think that children should be in them.

And, the pregnate women shouldn't be around the smoke is my point in saying that.

^^
I don't care about your friend and where she's been, I have been all over, and there are plenty of places that allow it. I know from being there, okay? I even lived in a apartment complex not that long ago, that allows smoking in it, and still does. My father smokes, and their are plenty of places that he can still smoke in. But I am really getting sick of you, and your fighting, and making comments on EVERYTHING I say. So even if you reply to this, and I don't agree, I am not wasting my time on you.
:].
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 20th, 2009 at 02:17pm
Bloodraine- In the U.S., children aren't allowed in bars. When there are shows in clubs or bars, they're usually all ages, that's the only exception. When I was saying pregnant women shouldn't be in bars, I was more referring to two things: if a woman is pregnant, she should not be drinking. And many bars do allow smoking.

SidKnee- I'm sure you aren't. If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond. Now if she's been everywhere and knows the laws and you don't care- why should anyone care that you've been everywhere? Hypocrisy is very unbecomingI posted the laws, if places you've been break the law as often as you claim they do, they'd be shut down. This is not me saying whatever, if that were the case, lists of state laws would not back up what I am saying and prove you are lying. Plain and simple. You seem to have an awfully high opinion of yourself and you also seem to think I have an equally high opinion of you. This is untrue. I just don't understand why you're pretending the laws are not what they are, and part of this discussion involves getting facts right, which you are not. So posting smoking laws, state-by-state, seems like an obvious way to clear up your misunderstandings.
So since you apparently missed it the first time: http://slati.lungusa.org/states.asp
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
September 20th, 2009 at 02:45pm
iViva la Andrea!:
Bloodraine- In the U.S., children aren't allowed in bars. When there are shows in clubs or bars, they're usually all ages, that's the only exception. When I was saying pregnant women shouldn't be in bars, I was more referring to two things: if a woman is pregnant, she should not be drinking. And many bars do allow smoking.

Pregnant women shouldn't be in bars because they shouldn't drink? In bars in Britain it's possible to order non-alcoholic drinks as well as alcoholic ones.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
September 20th, 2009 at 10:58pm
Bloodraine:
iViva la Andrea!:

Pregnant women shouldn't be in bars because they shouldn't drink? In bars in Britain it's possible to order non-alcoholic drinks as well as alcoholic ones.

"iViva la Andrea!:
I was more referring to two things

As in: I was more so making a reference to two situations.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 21st, 2009 at 07:34am
I work in a pub and I can tell you, it gets incredibly hot in there with the smoking ban in place. I can't even begin to imagine how it would get with everyone lighting up.

Plus I hate the smell of stale smoke. The whole place would just hang with it while I'm working.

For non-smokers who don't want any of the diseases associated with second-hand smoke the ban also helps them. I can't remember the exact figure, but the number of deaths/illnesses from second hand smoke have decreased dramatically since the smoking ban came into effect.

I mean I'd love to actually have a cigarette inside for once, but its a good idea overall.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
September 21st, 2009 at 09:14am
iViva la Andrea!:
Bloodraine:
iViva la Andrea!:

"iViva la Andrea!:
I was more referring to two things

As in: I was more so making a reference to two situations.

...I don't understand your point at all. You said 'pregnant women shouldn't be in bars' which I wholly disagree with, whatever situation you're referring to. In fact I don't think I even responded to you in the first place, I was originally responding to SidKnee.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 21st, 2009 at 09:39am
Also children are allowed in pubs where the management permits it. Usually they have to leave by about 8 o'clock. We don't allow them in my pub but then we're not family-orientated.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
September 21st, 2009 at 10:14am
Jay Tee:
Also children are allowed in pubs where the management permits it. Usually they have to leave by about 8 o'clock. We don't allow them in my pub but then we're not family-orientated.

Yeah, it totally depends. The place my dad used to take me to was a country pub with a play-area next to the beer garden so I'd say that's pretty appropriate for kids.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 21st, 2009 at 11:02am
We can have kids on the decking out front and in the beer garden at the back, but not inside the bar. Of course the parent can bring the kid in to use the toilet but have to go straight back out again.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 22nd, 2009 at 10:02pm
Jay Tee.
Oh, hmm, well that makes sense,
I think that having you go outside during the hot weather isn't so bad.
But in the winter, I think then at least you should be aloud inside.

As far as the whole kid thing,
It makes more sense now.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 23rd, 2009 at 06:29am
A lot of pubs have heated smoking areas for when its raining/cold with a roof.

At the pub I work at its a big umbrella with heaters on, at others they have little gazebo type things out the back etc.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 23rd, 2009 at 10:48pm
Oh, well that's kind of them.

Here where it IS ILLEGAL to smoke inside, I don't think they have those,
Or I have yet to see such a thing.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
September 24th, 2009 at 04:30am
The smoking ban is another factor in the decline of pubs around Britain. I think the latest figure is something like 36 pubs a week in 2009.

So the ones that do manage to stay open invariably have such shelters, but don't get me wrong a lot of pubs don't.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
September 26th, 2009 at 04:15pm
Wow,
That's crazy.

Sure they may be doing a good thing or whatever as far as smoking goes.

But that's a lot of jobs, and all.
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 08:41pm
smoke away in the privacy of your own home but don't do it in public where i have to breath it
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 2nd, 2009 at 05:06pm
...uhm, yes. It is..
Most everywhere...haha.
Not everywhere though.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
November 4th, 2009 at 02:41pm
SidKnee.:
...uhm, yes. It is..
Most everywhere...haha.
Not everywhere though.

'Most everywhere'.

Sentence structure check please.

And it's not illegal OUTSIDE unless there are set rules for certain buildings, such that if I smoked I could only do it during my work shift if I went over a bridge and across the road - in other words, completely off site..
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
November 4th, 2009 at 06:02pm
Outside?
That's sort of a given.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2009 at 09:50am