Smoking

AuthorMessage
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 19th, 2010 at 10:40pm
I'm not sure if it has to do with the fact that some of them are clubs. Like, they are bars you have to be a member of to go to. I think that might be part of it. But if you guys have bars like that too, then idk.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
November 19th, 2010 at 10:57pm
it's because they made it a law here that you can't smoke anywhere
it doesn't matter where you are, you can't smoke indoors.
we used to be able to, they also used to have smoking and non-smoking areas, but it changed.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 20th, 2010 at 12:06am
We used to have smoking and non-smoking in places too.

This might have something to do with it.
Q. Are taverns with less than 20% food sales allowed to stay smoking establishments?
A. Yes, smoking is unrestricted in establishments that report less than 20% food sales. However, no one under 18 may enter the premises, even momentarily, and appropriate signage must be posted.

The bar we go to only sales food certain days and it's usually only for a couple hours.
Also, ths is a law from my state not the country.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
November 20th, 2010 at 01:45pm
I can't stand smoke. It bugs me so much.
out_sider.x
Geek
out_sider.x
November 20th, 2010 at 03:38pm
Dana.:

Same. I can't stand the smell, and I'm allergic to it. =\
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
November 20th, 2010 at 07:15pm
Heroes and Cons.:
Dana.:

Thirded. It's so stale. But loads of my friends like the smell? I don't understand Sad
Having said that, attractive men in photos look even more attractive when they're smoking. Even though it's a revolting/smelly/money-burning habit. -sigh-
Mareh
King For A Couple Of Days
Mareh

Blog
November 21st, 2010 at 03:11am
I can't stand smoking. My parents both used to smoke and now my mum has trouble just going up a flight of stairs. My grandma stopped, then started again, then it nearly killed her when she went into hospital for an operation and she got exposed to a little cold. I'm never going to smoke, I'm nearly 20 and am yet to touch one.

That being said, cigars with taste in them are nice, I've tried one of those for the experience and it was quite nice. Not that everyone can afford cigars all the time though, lol.
Daydream-believer
Jackass
Daydream-believer
November 21st, 2010 at 01:52pm
Brett Anderson.:
Heroes and Cons.:
Dana.:

Thirded. It's so stale. But loads of my friends like the smell? I don't understand Sad
Having said that, attractive men in photos look even more attractive when they're smoking. Even though it's a revolting/smelly/money-burning habit. -sigh-

I sort of like the smell Rolling Eyes
but yes I do find smoking quite attractive on the right person. I think girls smoking looks abit..... chavy.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 21st, 2010 at 02:26pm
Mareh.:
I can't stand smoking. My parents both used to smoke and now my mum has trouble just going up a flight of stairs. My grandma stopped, then started again, then it nearly killed her when she went into hospital for an operation and she got exposed to a little cold. I'm never going to smoke, I'm nearly 20 and am yet to touch one.

That being said, cigars with taste in them are nice, I've tried one of those for the experience and it was quite nice. Not that everyone can afford cigars all the time though, lol.
But are cigars any better for you than cigarettes?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 21st, 2010 at 03:59pm
John Entwistle:
Mareh.:

But are cigars any better for you than cigarettes?
as far as i understand, you're not supposed to inhale cigar-smoke. so that could give you mouth-cancer
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 28th, 2010 at 01:59am
My uncle might have lung cancer. It wouldn't be a surprise, he has smoked his whole life. :/ He has had like 4 heart attacks and AT LEAST one open heart surgery. You think he would have stopped after that but he didn't (not that that would have prevented him from getting cancer but it would have helped). I really hope it's not cancer. Sad
coop
coop
November 28th, 2010 at 06:08am
My aunt's over 80 years old now and she's a chain smoker. She never had any heart attack and feels good and still drives car.
That's a miracle, isn't it? Surprised
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
November 30th, 2010 at 05:19pm
Treacle ;3:
My aunt's over 80 years old now and she's a chain smoker. She never had any heart attack and feels good and still drives car.

no
it actually depends from person to person.
Some people can smoke their whole lives and live till their 90s and some people can only take up smoking and end up with complications or other diseases. Basically it differs form person to person. You cannot definitely say that something bad will happen to you if you smoke, but you can't say that it won't either.
coop
coop
December 7th, 2010 at 12:08pm
wild at heart:
Treacle ;3:

no
it actually depends from person to person.
Some people can smoke their whole lives and live till their 90s and some people can only take up smoking and end up with complications or other diseases. Basically it differs form person to person. You cannot definitely say that something bad will happen to you if you smoke, but you can't say that it won't either.
But mostly it does, doesn't it?
Y'know Gerard Way
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Y'know Gerard Way
December 9th, 2010 at 02:05pm
Daydream-believer:
Brett Anderson.:
Heroes and Cons.:
Dana.:

but yes I do find smoking quite attractive on the right person. I think girls smoking looks abit..... chavy.

really? last year, while walking down my street, there was this guy talking on his phone was smoking a cigar and it spelled NASTY. it smelled like someone took a strawberry/peanut, burned it and mixed it with cigarette smoke.

as an after thought, i'd just like to say that weed smoke is very nasty as well
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 9th, 2010 at 02:16pm
Y'know Gerard Way:
Daydream-believer:
Brett Anderson.:
Heroes and Cons.:
Dana.:

really? last year, while walking down my street, there was this guy talking on his phone was smoking a cigar and it spelled NASTY. it smelled like someone took a strawberry/peanut, burned it and mixed it with cigarette smoke.

as an after thought, i'd just like to say that weed smoke is very nasty as well
i think cigars smell nasty, but pipe-tobacco is such a nostalgic smell for me, idk. some guy on my street where i lived like 14 years ago smoked a pipe and he was such a nice guy. so when i walk past someone smoking a pipe, i get al "Con"

and yeah, weed smells gross. I was in Amsterdam a few months ago, and it doesn't smell everywhere, but when you walk past a coffee shop, you get all "Mad eugh, what was that? .. oh" and even if it's not a coffee shop, but just a regular shop, sometimes it'll just smell out of nowhere. I've noticed it quite a lot in certain places of my town too haha
Y'know Gerard Way
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Y'know Gerard Way
December 9th, 2010 at 02:25pm
^ lol yeah. something about smoke makes me quite nauseous. not too fun for me to go downtown. all the pot and cigarette smoke makes me sick.
Y'know Gerard Way
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Y'know Gerard Way
December 9th, 2010 at 02:26pm
JakubHogarddd:
we used to be able to, they also used to have smoking and non-smoking areas, but it changed.

isn't there some new (relatively new) rule in Canada that says people can only smoke a certain distance away from an entrance to a mall or something?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
December 9th, 2010 at 09:59pm
Y'know Gerard Way:
JakubHogarddd:

isn't there some new (relatively new) rule in Canada that says people can only smoke a certain distance away from an entrance to a mall or something?

Yeah it's like 9 meters or something....? Actually Idk about the number, that was just off the top of my head, but I know that for example at my parents' work, people can't just stand outside the door and smoke, they need to be a certain distance away.
Y'know Gerard Way
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Y'know Gerard Way
December 10th, 2010 at 06:10pm
Desmond Hume:
Y'know Gerard Way:
JakubHogarddd:

Yeah it's like 9 meters or something....? Actually Idk about the number, that was just off the top of my head, but I know that for example at my parents' work, people can't just stand outside the door and smoke, they need to be a certain distance away.

i searched it up on google and couldn't find anything Sad
Register