Smoking

AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 11:20pm
whether you like smoking or not, its still a hazard to your health. so this topic isnt really debatable. not anymore at least.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 1st, 2005 at 11:27pm
it never really was
Q lĂșce Q ten S an S uir
Geek
Q lĂșce Q ten S an S uir
August 4th, 2005 at 10:01pm
I HATE smoking.

It just repulses me. I've tried it and i never want to do it again....
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 7th, 2005 at 02:04am
rebelious_saint:
->Random Reject<-:
I think that taking up smoking is a personal choice. Sure it may harm your body, but so will other things like drinking. If you are fully aware of the concequences (sp) and you still smoke then, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
But then afterwards when people get cancer from smoking, people will be looking for someone to blam. So they turn to the tobacco companies, but they never balme themselves, even though they are the ones who choose to smoke in the first place. Its not like someone shoved it into there mouth and made them smoke.
Sorry if that didn't make any sense

It did. People need to learn to take responsibity for their own actions. Even though I will agree that the media has a heavy influence on smokers and future smokers, your cancer is your fault....

...if you smoke. This comes from a child in a two-smoking-parents family (luckily they aren't in the same house but now my dad's girlfriend is adding to the smoke). My parents have smoked since before I was born and I grew up around it. It was bad for me as a baby...I wasn't always coughing for no reason. So parents? Don't smoke, God dammit. Nuff said.

Well said.
Im 3/4 Portuguese..so OF COURSE there are ignorrant smokers in the family..my grandmother who was a second mother to me died 6 years ago from lung cancer that went to her heart and brain. I still dont see why cigars and cigarettes are legal. addicts will get over it eventually.
Sylar
Sylar
August 7th, 2005 at 07:20am
*unwanted*:
I love smoking, I love the smell of it, I love it when I blow the smoke out of my mouth and I see it disappear in the air, I love kissing guys that just had a smoke, I love the taste of it..

the only thing I don't love about it is when I get in my eyes..

*hugs* Oh you're wonderful.
But when it gets in your eyes and youlook like you've been crying you can pull off all sorts of shit... Ah memories...
Booyah.
King For A Couple Of Days
Booyah.
August 7th, 2005 at 11:59am
There are warnings.
Most people know the effects.
It's their choice, if they want to smoke, let them.
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 7th, 2005 at 12:18pm
Catfish_Noodler:
*unwanted*:
I love smoking, I love the smell of it, I love it when I blow the smoke out of my mouth and I see it disappear in the air, I love kissing guys that just had a smoke, I love the taste of it..

But when it gets in your eyes and youlook like you've been crying you can pull off all sorts of shit... Ah memories...

*hugs back*
and yeah, I know.. tried that once.. this guy came and tried to comfort me, we ended up getting together Laughing
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 07:15pm
i think that if you agree to smoke then you agree to the risks you are taking.
I mean i hate my friends smoking because i don't want them to die the horrible way that you can, and i have tried all that i can to make them stop but now i guess its just their decision and their life, and i can't change that
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 7th, 2005 at 08:02pm
Do people in England think that smoking in public places should be made illegal, like in Ireland?
jimmydied2day
Idiot
jimmydied2day
August 7th, 2005 at 08:45pm
i personally do, but i honeslty couldnt speak for the rest of my country, we dont really talk about that! hehe
Sylar
Sylar
August 8th, 2005 at 07:49am
*unwanted*:
Catfish_Noodler:
*unwanted*:

*hugs back*
and yeah, I know.. tried that once.. this guy came and tried to comfort me, we ended up getting together Laughing

Dude, no way! That's awesome lol

See kids, people who smoke get a boyfriend or girlfriend! (nothing like a bit of good ol' bandwagon propaganda!)
September Has Passed
September Has Passed
August 8th, 2005 at 07:55am
i've smoked... occasionally. damn peer pressure....
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
August 8th, 2005 at 08:06am
September has passed....:

Your should be forced into it

If anyones read my poem, they'll know how i feel about smoking, i hate it, espically when one of the closest people to me wont stop Crying or Very sad
September Has Passed
September Has Passed
August 8th, 2005 at 08:14am
hail_king_billie:
September has passed....:

Your should be forced into it

If anyones read my poem, they'll know how i feel about smoking, i hate it, espically when one of the closest people to me wont stop Crying or Very sad
well, hehe... about that... i tried it on my own at first and sorta peer pressured one of my friends into doing it. then someone else i knew peer pressured me into doing it again.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 9th, 2005 at 04:22am
I can't STAND smoking. I'm like, insanely hugely against it. I don't think the tobacco companies should be blamed for the medical problems it causes, though, since they DO put the warnings, but I think they should be blamed for selling it. I really think smoking should be made illegal, seriously, drugs that are LESS harmfull than smoking are illegal, but people can still go out and buy cigarettes? I also really don't get why people do it. Everyone knows how harmful it is, but people still smoke 2 packs a day every day of their lives. There's also some new info out, there was recently a study done that proves non-smokers are more intellegent than smokers. The nicotine kills brain cells and the ability to grow them(may not be the best wording for that, but it's what I can think of, lol)back and new ones. I seriously can't stand smoking, my mom smokes and she knows how much I hate it, but she'll still sit there and smoke 5 feet away from me and I get the choice of not breathing through my nose or inhaling smoke.

One more thing, interesting little fact here. Second hand smoke is most harmful to teenagers. When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was talking to her docter about it she told her that(docter told my mom, lol)

Cheech.
Cheech.
August 9th, 2005 at 08:58am
Catfish_Noodler:
*unwanted*:
Catfish_Noodler:
*unwanted*:

*hugs back*

Dude, no way! That's awesome lol

See kids, people who smoke get a boyfriend or girlfriend! (nothing like a bit of good ol' bandwagon propaganda!)

haha wow that little conversation made me laugh!!

anyways...

i smoke... and i feel its somehting that we choose and people should stop making a whole lot of fucking fuss about it?? ye i agreee with the banning it in puplic places... as i get that people who dont want to smoke... dont want to be breathing in other peoples smoke... i dont agree with the banning of tabbacoo factories, as they only make the cigs they dont force you to smoke them!
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 9th, 2005 at 09:25am
There are a lot of things that people choose to do that should be stopped. And it isn't just in public areas that people who don't want to smoke have to inhale the crap. People who have never touched a cigarette in their lives wind up dying of diseases caused by smoking because they had to sit in a car with their brother who was smoking, or their mom, or dad, or anyone. People dye way too early because they want to inhale smoke? Go jump into a burning building, it'll do the same thing to your lungs. People make a "whole lot of fucking fuss" about it because people shouldn't be dying because their parents smoke. People make a "whole lot of fucking fuss" about it because people shouldn't be dying when they're 20 years old. People make a "whole lot of fucking fuss" about it because people shouldn't have to get cancer. It's not like people just walk around and are against smoking because there's nothing better to do.
Cheech.
Cheech.
August 9th, 2005 at 09:28am
and i said about the whole people smoking when people dont want to be in-hailing other peoples smoke... and the thing about smokers dying young... its their choice... they clearly know what smoking does you,
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 9th, 2005 at 09:31am
What did you say about people being in an inclosed, private area with a smoker? And it's also people's choice to cut their wrists open when they're fifteen, but because they know they'll dye, it's not an issue?
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 9th, 2005 at 09:45am
I'm not saying its right or wrong but, If tabacco companies just stopped making them. People will seriously be going crazy, its addiction. BUt really they choose to smoke...if they get cancer Its was because of their own choice...
Register