Smoking

AuthorMessage
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 9th, 2005 at 09:51am
People don't go crazy by stopping an addiction. People go to rehab and help themselves. If they wanna spread cancer to other people they can because they choose to smoke? With the arguement that they can kill themselves by smoking because it's their choice, it wasn't wrong when I tried to slit my wrists, it was just another choice I was making. People who hang themselves, who cares? It's just a choice. People also don't seem understand that smoking does damage to the smoker and people who are near the smoker. If you're at a restaurant and someones smoking, that's smoke YOU'RE inhaling, wether you smoke or not. If you're in a car or a bus or anything like that with a smoker, that's smoke YOU'RE inhaling. And like I said earlier, second hand smoke is most dangerous to teenagers. Smoking harms the smoker, and other people.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2005 at 06:09pm
All I have to say is that Peter Jennings died recently from lung cancer because he was a frequent smoker. He grew up in the very city I currently call home. He probably smoked in the same mall I go out with my friends and hang out in. Now, I don't think I'm ever touching a cigarette again.
LaugHRioT
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
LaugHRioT
August 10th, 2005 at 02:26am
well, people nowadays know the dangers of smoking... i'm a smoker! if i get lung cancer or whatever i can't just sue em, we already know about it.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 10th, 2005 at 02:54am
why do you smoke then?!?! why do you feel like being naive now, ooo, your all cool and rebel by smoking, are ya now? lets see what you think when your hacking up your own lung tissue?
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 10th, 2005 at 08:41pm
Exactly. And as I've said several times already, smoking harms the enviornment, the smoker, and people around the smoker. Like I've also said, there are things more dangerous than smoking that are illegal, so why isn't smoking?
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
August 11th, 2005 at 08:22am
You know what? If people are happy to step outside in the mornings, then they shouldn't comlain. The carbon monoxide from an exhaust pipe is far more dangerous than the smoke from a cigarette so people need to get over it.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 08:29am
But you can't prevent smoke from coming out of your car when there's something wrong with it. People can prevent sticking something in their mouth.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 11th, 2005 at 09:35am
I heard about some guy that used to play the sax or something in a band and he was playing gigs pretty regularly. He wasn't a smoker himselfd but he died from lung cancer through passive smoking.

Plenty of waiters and waitresses are the same. I think smoking around non-smokers, particularly children, is really quite wrong.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 12:24pm
zdf_jammin:
why do you smoke then?!?! why do you feel like being naive now, ooo, your all cool and rebel by smoking, are ya now? lets see what you think when your hacking up your own lung tissue?
no we dont think its cool... its an addiction.
the problem is non-smokers dont understand... yes i really am that happy to give myself lung cancer, i dont want to quit i enjoy smoking.
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 11th, 2005 at 12:28pm
it's the same as selfharm... if you aren't addicted.. don't fucking yell at those who are!

there's a law in my country that there aren't allowed to smoke in resturants and stuff, just so the people that work there wont be passive smokers..
you shouldn't smoke around children, and most people don't do that.. neither do many people blow smoke into other people faces just to provocate (sp?)
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 11th, 2005 at 04:59pm
i think smoking in restaurants should be a federal law, we dont want to get your secondhand smoke, and maybe itll give other people a hint, try quitting.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 05:38pm
zdf_jammin:
i think smoking in restaurants should be a federal law, we dont want to get your secondhand smoke, and maybe itll give other people a hint, try quitting.

It really wont. Trust me.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 05:38pm
Cocain is an addiction. It doesn't make it right. Smoking is an addiction. It doesn't make it right. No offense to anyone, but I've always thought people who said there was no problem with smoking because it's an addiction are just coming up with an excuse not to quit. Being an addiction doesn't make it right. It doesn't mean you have the right to do deadly damage to OTHER PEOPLE'S bodies because YOU have a chemical imbalance and because YOU don't want to quit. Saying smoking isn't an issue because it's an addiction is the same as saying people who cut shouldn't get help.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 05:51pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Cocain is an addiction. It doesn't make it right. Smoking is an addiction. It doesn't make it right. No offense to anyone, but I've always thought people who said there was no problem with smoking because it's an addiction are just coming up with an excuse not to quit. Being an addiction doesn't make it right. It doesn't mean you have the right to do deadly damage to OTHER PEOPLE'S bodies because YOU have a chemical imbalance and because YOU don't want to quit. Saying smoking isn't an issue because it's an addiction is the same as saying people who cut shouldn't get help.
smokers dont just use that excuse the main ones are that they enjoy it... i for one do, and i like smoking, ok im addicted but thats my problem, you'll be surprised how many smokers actually know that its a dirty habit. And the whole' deadly damage other peoples bodies' resaraunts and pubs have non smoking areas well away from the smoking area so thet dont go without. Ive been trying to say this for ages, non-somkers do not understand, so really you dont know what your talking about, you can come at people with statistics and facts but you dont know what its like to smoke.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 05:55pm
Like I said, I've always THOUGHT that it was used as an excuse. You're not going to change something that's in my mind- and has also been said by professionals.
Three feet isn't going to help keep smoke out of your lungs. And who only goes to restaurants and pubs? It's called malls, it's called sidewalks, it's called cars, it's called homes. It is still deadly to other people.
I've done research, I've checked websites, I've read medical reports, I know what I'm talking about. And you're right, I don't know what it's like to give myself lung cancer. I DO know what it's like to be inhaling smoke and having my lungs die.
And BTW, how many times have I said "why do people do it when they know the risks" how would I be surprised? How can anyone NOT know the risks?
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 05:58pm
ExtraodinaryGirl:
Like I said, I've always THOUGHT that it was used as an excuse. You're not going to change something that's in my mind- and has also been said by professionals.
Three feet isn't going to help keep smoke out of your lungs. And who only goes to restaurants and pubs? It's called malls, it's called sidewalks, it's called cars, it's called homes. It is still deadly to other people.
I've done research, I've checked websites, I've read medical reports, I know what I'm talking about. And you're right, I don't know what it's like to give myself lung cancer. I DO know what it's like to be inhaling smoke and having my lungs die.
why dont you complain about fumes from other things like cars... in fact cars are what pollutes kids lungs more then smokers.
yes it is deadly to other people i know that but whats the complaining going to do? they ban smoking in public places then more and more people are going to smoke in the street, busy streets. There is no winning when it comes to smoking. And yes it is a waste of money for something that is going to kill you.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 06:02pm
I said earlier, if there is a problem with your car that you can't get fixed for 24 hours, that isn't your fault. Did I ever say toxic fumes were a good thing? No. There is also not a thread about cars leaking. It's also not something a simple law could take care of.
And yes, there is something to do. I've said it before. I don't understand why smoking is legal. It's more harmful than most illegal drugs, yet it's legal. So yes, there is something to do, and there is winning.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I forgot about people killing another person to kill them. If I wanna die, but I'm too damn lazy to do it myself, I'll just pay someone to stab me. It has the same effect, only it's less harmful.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 06:09pm
i never said anything about you saing that toxic fumes were a good thing i was mearly pointing out the fact they are more harmful. I dont see the problem non smoker have with smokers, ok so you might experience second hand smoke but your not experiencing it first hand... even when i was a non smoker smoking had never bothered me i just left it up to them. Its their life let them get on with it.
so say its made illegal then everybodies got an exptremly big problem on thir hands... smokers will go mad (not mentally... as in angry mad)
and you know not everybody does from smoking that also depends on how much you smoke.
ExtraodinaryGirl
Jackass
ExtraodinaryGirl
August 11th, 2005 at 06:14pm
But you were saying that I hadn't talked about it, hinting that I didn't care about it. The problem is, 1: WE have to inhale the shit. WE have to die young because of OTHER people, 2: Nobody likes seeing loved ones get hurt. 3: It harms the enviornment. People run around and talk about gas, and forest fires, and all this pollution crap, then they go and pullote the air by lighting up a cigarette because they want to die. Go cut your wrist. Non smokers are mad. If people get mad because people don't want to die, if people get mad because people want the death toll to drop, if people get mad because people don't want the air to be even more polluted than it already is, if people get mad because people show care for them, then people need even more help. Did I ever say everybody who smokes dies from smoking? No. But most do. Those who don't probably would if it weren't for other complications.
Coco
Geek
Coco
August 11th, 2005 at 06:18pm
people go on about second hand smoke but i only thinkk that it would actually affect you if you were in very close contact with a smoker for like YEARS and although smoking in restaurants is unpleasant there are smoking and non smoking sections.

many people are trying to ban smoking in like bars and oubs, but arnt most people who go to the pubs like to have a cigarette with their drink?
Register