Gore/Kerry

AuthorMessage
Old Greg
Falling In Love With The Board
Old Greg
July 21st, 2005 at 04:56pm
spill_no_sick:
Captain obvious:
I know this is a Gore/Kerry thread but i just want to add....
I don't hate Bush, -waits to get attacked by clueless children- He handled the war in the best way he could. Like spill_no_sick's sig says, if we hadnt gone to war who knows what would have happened. American captured Saddam Hussein and he (hopefully) will be brought to justice.
Gore probably would've treated the situation in the same way, Bush had little choice but to send troops to Iraq, and the same with Kerry. Then million's of children would be saying "omgawd i hate gore"
It's things like eminem's stupid video which is causing the whole anti-bush hysteria which is streaming through the youth of america and some of europe.
I agree with you that Micheal Moore is an entertainer, he knows an anti-bush "exposing the truth" film would sell so he made one.
People go on about "Bush is the most powerfull man in the world" there is no way he makes those decisions on his own, its obvious that whoever is behind Bush is the one that control's a large proportion of what is going on. Im not saying that Bush makes no decisions, im just saying that there is a larger force of people behind him which are probably the ones with most of the "power"
I know it's unfair for me to hate Michael Moore and it's wrong to use him as a scapegoat....because it's really all his fans' faults that they believe, he knows that it's a crock of shit, but he is an entertainer

and yeah, no single person has power
"there's always a bigger fish"
Especially in Bush's case (im not starting all that "he's a moron" crap because he is not) but he is not intelligent to run the whole of the USA single-handedly.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 21st, 2005 at 04:57pm
paradoxical:
thats the job of a politician. SUGARCOAT IT PLEASE, ill figure out what it is i need to know from there...i can tell when im being lied to...you see, if its sugarcoated, people who should be thinking about something ARE and those who dont arent worried about something that doesnt affect them. i for one am intelligent enough to form an opinion based on the grain of truth amoungst all the bullshit from politicians, and i really think that you are too...or else this debate wouldnt have continued as long as it has. i DONT argue with stupid people. this isnt gonna end, because we really are arguing opinion...and we both are making valid points. part of understanding politics is being able to remove all the bullshit and what people want to hear and finding the bits of truth...entertainment just leaves us with more to think about. so michael moore is an entertainer. thats what he does. okay, he is guilty of the use of propaganda (everyone is, dont try to deny it...) and you have to take that bit out of what he says too...a GRAIN OF SALT. hes entitled to an opinion...but, at any rate, i still dont like bush...

we all agree, he's just an entertainer, EVERYONE'S guilty of propaganda and using a scapegoat
and this will continue forever, though we will meet some partial agreement and leave it to rest
the people here are very decent, very intelligent people, and I think we're capable of understanding each other more than most people, I don't know why, but we are

I know what you mean with every word you say, and I'm sure you me
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 21st, 2005 at 05:00pm
Captain obvious:
spill_no_sick:
Captain obvious:
I don't hate Bush, -waits to get attacked by clueless children- He handled the war in the best way he could. Like spill_no_sick's sig says, if we hadnt gone to war who knows what would have happened. American captured Saddam Hussein and he (hopefully) will be brought to justice.
Gore probably would've treated the situation in the same way, Bush had little choice but to send troops to Iraq, and the same with Kerry. Then million's of children would be saying "omgawd i hate gore"
It's things like eminem's stupid video which is causing the whole anti-bush hysteria which is streaming through the youth of america and some of europe.
I agree with you that Micheal Moore is an entertainer, he knows an anti-bush "exposing the truth" film would sell so he made one.
People go on about "Bush is the most powerfull man in the world" there is no way he makes those decisions on his own, its obvious that whoever is behind Bush is the one that control's a large proportion of what is going on. Im not saying that Bush makes no decisions, im just saying that there is a larger force of people behind him which are probably the ones with most of the "power"
I know it's unfair for me to hate Michael Moore and it's wrong to use him as a scapegoat....because it's really all his fans' faults that they believe, he knows that it's a crock of shit, but he is an entertainer

and yeah, no single person has power
"there's always a bigger fish"
Especially in Bush's case (im not starting all that "he's a moron" crap because he is not) but he is not intelligent to run the whole of the USA single-handedly.
no one is
I love America, it's (in my opinion) the most just country, and since that's a huge thing with me, it's my version of the greatest country ever

we aren't satisfied with meating half way, we want 100% justice (which can get us into trouble since it doesn't work in some situations)
but a country like that is very hard to run, and we need the most brilliant people to run it (notice how I didn't say "most brilliant person"Wink
Kitti
Kitti
July 21st, 2005 at 05:14pm
i think that nobody truly INTELLECTUAL will ever run this country...its a trainwreck waiting to happen. i do have a certain degree of respect for those who DO run this country, because its a trainwreck waiting to happen. it takes a lot of guts (and some cleverness ill admit) to want to run a country (or a trainwreck...that doesnt make much sense, but whatever), so bravo...

i for one wouldnt want to be the person in charge per se...

we do need to learn to compromise, as americans...but this is a country that was founded on the principle that we should never compromise (john locke...gvt for the people, social contract, bloody rebellion...yep, him...) and so we DONT. but we need to...the world has changed in the last 200 years, and we need to learn to be more tolerant and more active in what we want to happen. or we cant reach compromise, because its just one group pushing their veiws until theyre accepted. we need to learn that that which bends is much harder to break...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 21st, 2005 at 05:22pm
paradoxical:
i think that nobody truly INTELLECTUAL will ever run this country...its a trainwreck waiting to happen. i do have a certain degree of respect for those who DO run this country, because its a trainwreck waiting to happen. it takes a lot of guts (and some cleverness ill admit) to want to run a country (or a trainwreck...that doesnt make much sense, but whatever), so bravo...

i for one wouldnt want to be the person in charge per se...

we do need to learn to compromise, as americans...but this is a country that was founded on the principle that we should never compromise (john locke...gvt for the people, social contract, bloody rebellion...yep, him...) and so we DONT. but we need to...the world has changed in the last 200 years, and we need to learn to be more tolerant and more active in what we want to happen. or we cant reach compromise, because its just one group pushing their veiws until theyre accepted. we need to learn that that which bends is much harder to break...
we accept everything (except injustice)
but you're talking about falling into pressure of other ideas, we should keep our principals and never change with the times
we should do stuff like trade with other countries, because they're no longer afraid to contact us, so there's no reason to avoid them
but we shouldn't have political parties for balance, we have enough separation of power in the branches of the government and laws preventing too much power, but we shouldn't get rid of principals unless it's completely nessecarry (like, the internet took care of "make no contact with other countries"Wink
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 21st, 2005 at 05:24pm
and you have to be intellectual to run this country, give our leaders credit
Kitti
Kitti
July 21st, 2005 at 05:27pm
hmmm...clever...not intelligent exactly. they certainly are SMART, but intelligent, id disagree with that term...there really is a difference...
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
July 21st, 2005 at 05:28pm
zdf_jammin:
whoa, twenty minute shower, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN THERE?!?!? lol

you don't want to know.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 21st, 2005 at 05:31pm
paradoxical:
hmmm...clever...not intelligent exactly. they certainly are SMART, but intelligent, id disagree with that term...there really is a difference...
I think intelligent is a mix of smart and clever
or maybe clever's just intelligent and common sense...
what's your definition
kaleidoscope_eyes
Geek
kaleidoscope_eyes
July 22nd, 2005 at 01:59pm
I'm both pro gore and kerry i worked alot on the local kerry campain and i really love the guy not because he isn't bush but be cause i like where he stands on the issues making sure that his interest don't come before the countries
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 22nd, 2005 at 05:12pm
rosemoon08:
I'm both pro gore and kerry i worked alot on the local kerry campain and i really love the guy not because he isn't bush but be cause i like where he stands on the issues making sure that his interest don't come before the countries
Bush's interests don't either, well, I'm pretty sure the way you percieve Bush and you think his does

but no one person can run the country, if his interests came before our country's then he couldn't pull it off anyway

and with Kerry it's the citizen's interest coming before our country's, and that can't work with this country built on principals he's trying to destroy
kaleidoscope_eyes
Geek
kaleidoscope_eyes
July 22nd, 2005 at 06:59pm
How does war benifit a country. War usually at least boosts the economy but this war hasn't even done that at least not for the average person, I'm sure chaney is happy with his bajillion dollar contract for his company . I thought this was to post if you actually liked the past 2 dem. presidential nominies not to try to put down how other people see them.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 23rd, 2005 at 12:22am
rosemoon08:
How does war benifit a country. War usually at least boosts the economy but this war hasn't even done that at least not for the average person, I'm sure chaney is happy with his bajillion dollar contract for his company . I thought this was to post if you actually liked the past 2 dem. presidential nominies not to try to put down how other people see them.
I say how I feel, the rules simply say: no propaganda
if some one is an asshole (say we're talking about Hitler) then I'll say it
but I'm not going to go on about how he's an asshole for torturing martians
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 23rd, 2005 at 02:24am
spill_no_sick:
rosemoon08:
I say how I feel, the rules simply say: no propaganda
if some one is an asshole (say we're talking about Hitler) then I'll say it
but I'm not going to go on about how he's an asshole for torturing martians

martians, thats good.

man, bush rocks, cant you people see the way Cigara
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 23rd, 2005 at 02:30pm
the anti-bush jokes are getting silly on British panel shows, whenever somebody says something along the lines of "bush is a poo head" they get applause from the audience who want to look intellectual.

I think Bush could have be re-elected because people know what hes already like, and wouldn't know how the opposition would perform in power, the whole "rather the devil you know" thing.
Millie Jane
Jackass
Millie Jane
July 23rd, 2005 at 02:52pm
spill_no_sick:
I've noticed we have a lot of people on here that are strong on their opinions about politics

but it seems we're either pro-Bush or anti-Bush
and I think the reason he won twice was because the people trying to be rebels don't matter, if you could vote against some one Bush would've lost, but you can't
I'm just wondering if anyone here is actually pro-Gore or pro-Kerry

I'll give you about twenty minutes to talk about it while I'm in the shower, I'll be back soon

In 2000 I was pro-Nader until I realized how dire the Liberal's situation had become, so I switched to Gore before the campaign was over.

In 2003 and early '04 I was pro-Kucinich. I did a great deal of volunteer work for his campaign, but no one ever thought he'd gather enough supporters, and were unwilling to risk supporting him, so of course he didn't gather enough. (Ya Chickens. You could have had universal health care and the government could have paid for your college education...to bad for you.) I then began to help the Kerry campaign simultaneously around January of '04.

I became extremely involved with his campaign and very fascinated by the man, himself. John Kerry has since become one of my idols.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 23rd, 2005 at 03:25pm
Millie Jane:
spill_no_sick:
I've noticed we have a lot of people on here that are strong on their opinions about politics

but it seems we're either pro-Bush or anti-Bush
and I think the reason he won twice was because the people trying to be rebels don't matter, if you could vote against some one Bush would've lost, but you can't
I'm just wondering if anyone here is actually pro-Gore or pro-Kerry

I'll give you about twenty minutes to talk about it while I'm in the shower, I'll be back soon

In 2000 I was pro-Nader until I realized how dire the Liberal's situation had become, so I switched to Gore before the campaign was over.

In 2003 and early '04 I was pro-Kucinich. I did a great deal of volunteer work for his campaign, but no one ever thought he'd gather enough supporters, and were unwilling to risk supporting him, so of course he didn't gather enough. (Ya Chickens. You could have had universal health care and the government could have paid for your college education...to bad for you.) I then began to help the Kerry campaign simultaneously around January of '04.

I became extremely involved with his campaign and very fascinated by the man, himself. John Kerry has since become one of my idols.
again, that would work in Canadia, the U.S. government's not babysitting everyone, it's too concerned with justice, not making everyone happy and giving them benifits
Millie Jane
Jackass
Millie Jane
July 23rd, 2005 at 04:01pm
Captain obvious:

Gore never would have spawned so much hatred. It is the Bush administration's corrupt methods, alienation of Liberals and refusal to listen to the American public that have caused so many to lash out at the president. Oh, and let's not forgot how he was elected in 2000. It's a wonder he didn't start a civil war. He has divided the country, and such dividers are rarely popular.

Gore would NOT have treated the Iraq situation in the same manner. There would be no Iraq war because Gore had nothing invested in the oil business. His administration never would have created a connection between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda because there ISN'T one.

You think Michael Moore creates his documentaries and writes his books merely to gain profit? He created Fahrenheit 9/11 to expose what he believes is the truth about Bush's first years in office and his reasons to go to war to the masses. He was even willing to sacrifice an Oscar nomination to put his documentary on television before the election so that Americans may wake up a realize who they're about to vote for. Sure, money is nice, but it's just an added benefit.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 23rd, 2005 at 04:17pm
thats a good point, i would have thought a country like America would have free healthcare.

for all the stick the NHS gets, you cant really complain i mean you get what you dont pay for.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
July 23rd, 2005 at 10:27pm
Millie Jane:
Captain obvious:

Gore never would have spawned so much hatred. It is the Bush administration's corrupt methods, alienation of Liberals and refusal to listen to the American public that have caused so many to lash out at the president. Oh, and let's not forgot how he was elected in 2000. It's a wonder he didn't start a civil war. He has divided the country, and such dividers are rarely popular.

Gore would NOT have treated the Iraq situation in the same manner. There would be no Iraq war because Gore had nothing invested in the oil business. His administration never would have created a connection between Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda because there ISN'T one.

You think Michael Moore creates his documentaries and writes his books merely to gain profit? He created Fahrenheit 9/11 to expose what he believes is the truth about Bush's first years in office and his reasons to go to war to the masses. He was even willing to sacrifice an Oscar nomination to put his documentary on television before the election so that Americans may wake up a realize who they're about to vote for. Sure, money is nice, but it's just an added benefit.

Gore couldn't have handled the situation
Bush didn't cause seperation, it's mainly two different sides fighting each other with propaganda and scapegoats
and everything is distantly linked
Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda are all linked through terrorism, and seeing as it's a "WAR ON TERRORISM" it is a very "linked" thing
and Michael Moore is merely an entertainer, he entertains, but people assume it's all fact
Register