Islamophobia

AuthorMessage
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
July 26th, 2005 at 07:26am
I read this is a newspaper and was wondering what other people's views on it were (particularly English and French people). The article might seem rather a lot to read but it is really interesting and seeing as this issue of a terrorist war affects everyone, you should really take the time to read it.

"By shooting dead, in hot pursuit, a man yesterday who may have been about to murder many Londoners, the police have made a first strike back against the Al Quaeda fanatics intent on attacking our country.

"However, this would seem to be a case of the forces of the law getting lucky. With a terror campaign now clearly in full swing, and further outrages no doubt being planned, the steps we are taking against the enemy within are simply not adequate.

"It is painful to have to take lessons from the French, but on this we should. Since the autumn of 2002, when France learned that it was in danger of attack from Al Quaeda, 40 extremists have been expelled, 10 of them radical imams.

"This week Michel Gaudin, the chief of France's Police Nationale, said: 'All those who have intentions that don't correspond with the values of our country, of our republic, of our democracy...will be sent far away from our territory.'

"In contrast, his British counterpart, Sir Ian Blair, talks instead of the importance of avoiding 'Islamophobia'.

"The French Interior Minister, Nicholas Sarkozy, promises 'zero tolerance' against 'French imams who hold violent and fundamentalist meetings.' His British counterpart, Home Secretary Charles Clarke, tiptoes through the nonsense of our human rights laws to try to work out whether he is allowed to deport anybody.

"The French have utter contempt for our failure both to spot the Islamic menace in our midst, and to deal with it ruthlessly. They refer to our capital, when discussing or describing the terrorist attacks in London, as 'Londonistan'.

"The leading Right-wing paper, Le Figaro, ran a scathing article this week about our naive and twisted priorities in protecting our society.

"It reported that while the French parliament was passing a law to ban the wearing of the Muslim veil by girls in schools, in order to stop France degenerating into a multi-cultural society, the British Parliament had devoted its time to passing a law banning fox-hunting.

"The French are equally astonished by the decision to prosecute war hero Colonel Jorge Mendonca for failing to prevent war crimes, when he was simply doing his duty in Iraq.

"Only in Britain, it seems, can a man seeking to protect our way of life be pilloried for it: no doubt someone in Whitehall is looking into whether the policeman who shot the suicide bomber yesterday, saving who knows how many lives, should be put in the dock.

"We have to stop this lunacy. Nothing - no human rights convention, no fear of being 'racist', no determination to avoid 'Islamophobia' (or whatver politically correct garbage Sir Ian Blair can come up with) - can, in a time of attack like this, be allowed to stand in the way of protecting our people and standing up for our way of life against those who would destroy it.

"We don't need a raft of new laws to round up these would-be murderers. As I have said here before, the laws of treason (since they all appear to be British subjects) and conspiracy are more than enough to do the job.

"We must above all follow the French example and deport foreigners who are here poisoning the minds of young Muslims and breeding suicide bombers.

"I don't care if, when they get to the place to which they are sent, they get strung up with electodes or have their heads cut off. Their lives and welfare are as nothing compared with those of innocent British people (including the law-abiding, tax-paying majority of Muslims, who have been we should remember, victims of the bombers too).

"Al Quaeda want to wage a relentless and bloody campaign in Europe. All we British are doing at present is helping them."
- Taken from Simon Heffer, in The Daily Mail

I have to agree with him as I believe that Islamic extremists are not being detected or deported in our country. One extreme cleric who was refused entry into both America and France was recently welcomed into Britain. This minority of Muslims is not hard to find among us and remove as they are not quiet in their hateful preachings.

I also agree that our human rights laws are becoming ridiculous, in particular with burglaries, where a thief SUCCESSFULLY prosecuted his victim because of an uneven paving slab, over which he tripped and broke his leg whilst running from the house with the stolen goods. Cases like these are just absurd and completely turning our societies principles and values on their head.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 26th, 2005 at 08:06am
you do realise the man that they show dead, was a totally innocent man, and yet he was shot in the head 8 times.
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
July 26th, 2005 at 09:01am
i124q:
you do realise the man that they show dead, was a totally innocent man, and yet he was shot in the head 8 times.

It was 5 times I thought, and yes I do realise, but this article was written before that fact emerged. I should have said that, sorry.
Old Greg
Falling In Love With The Board
Old Greg
July 26th, 2005 at 12:02pm
destiny_is_dead:
i124q:

It was 5 times I thought, and yes I do realise, but this article was written before that fact emerged. I should have said that, sorry.
no, it was 8.
Kitti
Kitti
July 26th, 2005 at 12:04pm
its a fucking religion! so theyre muslim. that doesnt make them evil! im atheist (well, chaos, but its basically the same), does that make me a bad person? you cant stereotype an entire fucking race of people in one of the world's fastest growing religions! i happen to know several muslims, and theyre awesome people. if you dont understand islam then you have NO RIGHT to condemn it. its actuallly one of the most peaceful semitic religions there are (of judaism, christianity, and islam), and all of the semitic religions worship the same god, so im sick of fucking christians saying shit about jews and muslims and theyre respective gods cuz its the same. the religions are the same, but with different views on the role of jesus. so i think its time that people stop being ignorant assholes and start putting responsibilty where it belongs. they are oppressed and terrorized by the westerners just because they are from developing countries. the way i see it, we stop, they stop. we need to HELP these people---not deport them and then bomb the shit outta them!
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 26th, 2005 at 12:17pm
I don't have a problem with muslims, but I know quite a few people who do, especially after July 7th. The man who was shot in the head 8 times was innocent, and hearing this broke me. Perhaps he looked slightly a differnent race/religion, but thats no reason to accuse someone of something and shoot them in the head!
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
July 26th, 2005 at 02:46pm
The shooting thing was a bit extreme.
I think that things like that article probably worries a lot of muslims, because in a way that's kind of making them victims. I think all this is what the terrorists want, to make us turn on eachother...
I think the police should have only shot the guy if they had proof he was a bomber. It's not like when you shoot someone dead you can turn around, apologise to them and promise it won't happen again.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 26th, 2005 at 02:53pm
paradoxical:
its a fucking religion! so theyre muslim. that doesnt make them evil! im atheist (well, chaos, but its basically the same), does that make me a bad person? you cant stereotype an entire fucking race of people in one of the world's fastest growing religions! i happen to know several muslims, and theyre awesome people. if you dont understand islam then you have NO RIGHT to condemn it. its actuallly one of the most peaceful semitic religions there are (of judaism, christianity, and islam), and all of the semitic religions worship the same god, so im sick of fucking christians saying shit about jews and muslims and theyre respective gods cuz its the same. the religions are the same, but with different views on the role of jesus. so i think its time that people stop being ignorant assholes and start putting responsibilty where it belongs. they are oppressed and terrorized by the westerners just because they are from developing countries. the way i see it, we stop, they stop. we need to HELP these people---not deport them and then bomb the shit outta them!

muslims? i thought this thread was about Islamaphobia
Kitti
Kitti
July 26th, 2005 at 03:17pm
muslims are followers of islam. reread the thread...it makes sense. really, it does.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
July 26th, 2005 at 03:23pm
paradoxical:
muslims are followers of islam. reread the thread...it makes sense. really, it does.

oh right, sorry.
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
July 26th, 2005 at 03:27pm
wats REALLY stupid...is that themorons couldnt even get their fucking stupid racism right...the guy wasnt fucking middleeastern...he was from fucking brazil!! i luv that all these ppl are racist but they cant even be properly racist..not that im condoning it...but it just proves how stupid racism is doesnt it.....so yeah....and i too know muslims..there are actually quite a few at my school....but yeah and one of them is a really good freind of mine and she is like the smartest person i know....plus she's cool and helps me with my hw...so...yeah...
Kitti
Kitti
July 26th, 2005 at 04:41pm
exactly. if people werent so fucking ignorant, they really wouldnt feel the need to hate people. or if they reserved judgement until they know people or whatever. for example: did you know that islam prohibits violence except in cases of self defense? and that some of the things it supports most are intellect and tolerance?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 27th, 2005 at 05:05am
Wasn't that guy Brazilian? A Islamic Brazilian. I think he was.
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
July 27th, 2005 at 10:58am
I agree with paradoxical that religious hatred is wrong and just because some suicide bombers are muslim it doesn't equate that all muslims should be persecuted. However I do think our country doesn't do enough to protect the nation as a whole from the few extremists.

I also agree that all mono-theistic religions have roots that are essentially identical. I, as an agnostic, believe that organised religion appears to be the cause for the majority of wars and conflict.
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
July 27th, 2005 at 12:38pm
Yeah.. I saw on the news about people going round and attacking this guy's shop because he was a muslim... it's like are they honestly that ignorant to think they had anything to do with it?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 27th, 2005 at 07:08pm
It's actually not against Muslims, it's against anyone who remotely looks Middle Eastern. My dad is a Muslim born in Britain with British parents. He doesn't look Middle Eastern and people don' bother him. That's really stupid though cause it's stereotyping everyone from the middle East is Islamic. And people who look European aren't.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 28th, 2005 at 11:39am
That guy was shot because he looked slightly middle eastern but was totally innocent.... Oh God, this is actually awful..
Kitti
Kitti
July 28th, 2005 at 01:59pm
yeah, well...its not enough to be appalled...sitting and complaining in forums wont make anything different.
whoarethey
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
whoarethey
July 30th, 2005 at 02:03am
"This week Michel Gaudin, the chief of France's Police Nationale, said: 'All those who have intentions that don't correspond with the values of our country, of our republic, of our democracy...will be sent far away from our territory.'
now that is a really horrifiying take on things. is he saying that everyone that doesnt believe in what the ideal french person believes will be sent away? who sets these standards? reminds me of hitler for some reason.. do they need to be blue eyed too i wonder? i mean geez - come on. guess france wants a little island to deport the non-ideal people to... kicking them out of your country wont fix things - i dont know what will but that certainly wont help. you would just be delaying trouble.

oh another thought - not to make people mad, its just on my mind. someone talked about not believing in any religion but still talked about evil. what defines evil for you? any guidelines at all? anything against the law? evil for me is defined by my religion....... so my evil is different from others... it depends on what evil your talking about. im not sure if i made sense but i tried. muslim radicals believe in a different kind of evil - people who do not believe what they do - evil is defined very differently for them. it depends what your religion is in terms of what evil is to you.....
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 30th, 2005 at 12:52pm
whoarethey:
now that is a really horrifiying take on things. is he saying that everyone that doesnt believe in what the ideal french person believes will be sent away? who sets these standards? reminds me of hitler for some reason.. do they need to be blue eyed too i wonder? i mean geez - come on. guess france wants a little island to deport the non-ideal people to... kicking them out of your country wont fix things - i dont know what will but that certainly wont help. you would just be delaying trouble.

oh another thought - not to make people mad, its just on my mind. someone talked about not believing in any religion but still talked about evil. what defines evil for you? any guidelines at all? anything against the law? evil for me is defined by my religion....... so my evil is different from others... it depends on what evil your talking about. im not sure if i made sense but i tried. muslim radicals believe in a different kind of evil - people who do not believe what they do - evil is defined very differently for them. it depends what your religion is in terms of what evil is to you.....
People are horrible like that.
Register