The Obesity Jab

AuthorMessage
WeeHez90
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WeeHez90
June 18th, 2006 at 01:29pm
Danger_of_the_waters:
hmmm you read in the papers that there's people taking legal action against McDonalds for making them fat.....

the world's gone mad....

What about a cure for cancer rather then a cure for being fat....

yeah good point what about a cure for cancer !, they need to find a cure for cancer before all hope is lost, if ppl are fat then it's on them to lose weight no one else !
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 01:31pm
Green-Day-Girl-15:
Danger_of_the_waters:
hmmm you read in the papers that there's people taking legal action against McDonalds for making them fat.....

the world's gone mad....

What about a cure for cancer rather then a cure for being fat....

yeah good point what about a cure for cancer !, they need to find a cure for cancer before all hope is lost, if ppl are fat then it's on them to lose weight no one else !
Right, tell that to someone with a thyroid problem or eating disorder Rolling Eyes

Some of you guys are being extremely insensative and narrowminded.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 18th, 2006 at 02:45pm
losing wieght is not as easy as it seems , and with people some of you people here , making fun of them or 'complaining' about it doesn't help

it may acutally make it worse
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Falling In Love With The Board
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 18th, 2006 at 07:23pm
Roshambo™:
thats cool, but i agree that we should be working on AIDS before obesity

I agree. I mean people should try to find a cure for AIDS or Cancer or a serious disease. People who are obease should just NOT EAT SO DAMN MUCH!
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 18th, 2006 at 07:24pm
Roshambo™:

I agree. I mean people should try to find a cure for AIDS or Cancer or a serious disease. People who are obease should just NOT EAT SO DAMN MUCH!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 08:34pm
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
Roshambo™:

Have you ever heard of eating disorders? Just curious, because the way you make it sound, if you are overweight, your a horrible person. Sometime they can't help it, it's a mental disorder. Compulsive Eating Nersova,Binge Eating, Stress Eating, they can't help it. Some people have medical issues that prevent them from losing weight. Thyroid problems, Diebetic people can have trouble with their weight as well.

Obesity Kills people. It's harmful to your health. It can cause heart problems and all kids of things, why shouldnt we be trying to stop it? AIDS and Obesity research are two totally seperate things. Do you think someone with the knowledge of helping Obesity is going to know anything about AIDS research? No. They are two totally seperate feilds of research, and you can't say one is less important than the other because guess what, people die from Both.

You should read before you reply Wink
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 18th, 2006 at 09:45pm
Remember, I am in a really bitchy mood!! #$*&(*^
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 09:59pm
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
Remember, I don't care. Your mood doesnt make up for the statements you make, you should really think before you post.
mybassgoesdirntdirntdirnt
Geek

Mibba
June 18th, 2006 at 10:06pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
Remember, I don't care. Your mood doesnt make up for the statements you make, you should really think before you post.

thank you I_worship_tre_Cool. i totally agree with everything you've posted on here. your not as narrowminded as most of thease people. Very Happy
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 18th, 2006 at 10:08pm
mybassgoesdirntdirntdirnt:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

thank you I_worship_tre_Cool. i totally agree with everything you've posted on here. your not as narrowminded as most of thease people. Very Happy
Maybe they just havnt been exposed to that side of medical science because of all the focus on Anorexia and Bulimia Dno Just because they havnt heard about it doesnt mean it isnt there, and they shouldn't neglect that aspect.
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 18th, 2006 at 10:10pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

if you don't fuckiin care then don't bother to reply! to me! ok it's over don't talk to me.
Geek

Mibba
June 18th, 2006 at 10:12pm
and most of the people here on GSB are agansit homophobies and people who judge other on race. but you guys do the exactsame thing about obisity as homophobies do about homophobic people. you act like we are bad people and deserve whatevers coming to us. you people need to grow the fuck up and stop being soo hipocritical. your pathedic, ignorant, and you just plain and simple look stupid. when you get some maturity, then come back on here and talk to me. ok?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 18th, 2006 at 10:18pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
mybassgoesdirntdirntdirnt:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

Maybe they just havnt been exposed to that side of medical science because of all the focus on Anorexia and Bulimia Dno Just because they havnt heard about it doesnt mean it isnt there, and they shouldn't neglect that aspect.

your my new hero Laughing
seriously you have said some of the smartest stuff i've heard in a while
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 05:24pm
You know what I think? AIDs and obesity are both things that are the faults of people who let it get to them.

People who are obese: It's called EXERCISE. Do it! Don't frickin sit on your lazy ass all day and eat doughnuts. Get up and do something! And, no, walking to your refrigerator and back to the couch is NOT considered good exercise.

People who have AIDs: It's your fault for not having your partner tested.

So, it's their problems. They made themselves big or gave themselves AIDs. It's not our problem.
Kitti
Kitti
July 17th, 2006 at 05:40pm
Rockaholic380:
You know what I think? AIDs and obesity are both things that are the faults of people who let it get to them.

People who are obese: It's called EXERCISE. Do it! Don't frickin sit on your lazy ass all day and eat doughnuts. Get up and do something! And, no, walking to your refrigerator and back to the couch is NOT considered good exercise.

So, it's their problems. They made themselves big or gave themselves AIDs. It's not our problem.
Obesity and AIDS are NOT only fault of the people they effect. Don't be ignorant about this (as everyone has been for the past three pages).

Obesity--
-genetic predisposition
-diseases, including (but not limited to) thyroid problems, eating disorders, and certain cancers and tumors.
-Body Mass Index

AIDS--
Transmitted though the following four bodily fluids:
-blood
-breast milk
-vaginal secretions
-semen

Both are preventable to a certain degree. But there are so many more factors that what you are looking at. Science is NOT about looking at one variable. It's about seeing how all the variables fit together. Ignore variables, and your argument has major holes in it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 05:46pm
Rockaholic380:

So it's a rape victims fault that their rapist had an STD? No, it isnt. That was narrow minded and a pretty dumb statement to make.

As for the obesity thing, some peoples weight is out of their control, and they can't help it. My Aunt has a thyroid problem and her weight is all over the place, one week she'll be barely 120 Lb's, and others shes pushing 160. She works out EVERY DAY. And I would starve at her house because she doesnt over eat. She is careful about her wieght, but even on medication, she can barely control it. It also prevents her from having kids, is that her fault too?
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 09:22pm
Well, I'm talking about people who get AIDs but could have had control of it. Same with people with obesity. Diseases, I know it's not their fault, but if they suddenly got obese because of bad dieting, then it's their fault. I'm not saying all factors are their faults.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 17th, 2006 at 09:23pm
If people were like born with AIDs or got it and didn't know it, I'm not gonna say it's their fault. Or if they were raped. And if it's a genetic thing it's not their fault either.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 17th, 2006 at 09:30pm
Rockaholic380:
Well, I'm talking about people who get AIDs but could have had control of it. Same with people with obesity. Diseases, I know it's not their fault, but if they suddenly got obese because of bad dieting, then it's their fault. I'm not saying all factors are their faults.

Rockaholic380:
They made themselves big or gave themselves AIDs.

Sounds like thats what you said to me....
People are sometimes so narrow minded and never thinks things through.You didnt even consider the fact that it may not be their fault, before we pointed it out.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 01:08am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Rockaholic380:

Rockaholic380:
They made themselves big or gave themselves AIDs.

Sounds like thats what you said to me....
People are sometimes so narrow minded and never thinks things through.You didnt even consider the fact that it may not be their fault, before we pointed it out.

Clap
Register