The Obesity Jab

AuthorMessage
punky angel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
punky angel
July 20th, 2006 at 03:53pm
personally (but this is just my opinion) i dont see whats wrong with finding a cure for obesity, if your obease then wouldn't you rather have people helping you to cure it? most people who are obease cant help that they are, they have eating disorders, obesity runs in their family, so whats wrong with giving them that extra bit of help to make their lifes more enjoyable? unless you are obease you dont know how it feels to be obease and you dont know how it feels to have people making horrible remarks behind your back or in your face about your weight and again unless you are obease you have no idea how much it actually lowers obease peoples self-esteem when you (if you) make comments about it

i am a bit obease myself and its really horrible to go somewhere and have people make remarks about my weight and have everyone think that i am how i am because i "sit on my fat ass all day eating and never exercising"... i exercise all the time yet im still obease! i think people should stop getting so pissed off that doctors are trying to help other people with eating disorders or whatever. it's the humane thing to do is helping other people isnt it? please - correct me if im wrong about that.

(sorry if someones said all that but i only got to the third page before i posted this)
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
July 28th, 2006 at 06:33am
i have no problem with finding a cure for obesity, but shouldnt cancer and aids and whatnot be of higher priority?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 28th, 2006 at 10:24am
anti-christ of suburbia:
i have no problem with finding a cure for obesity, but shouldnt cancer and aids and whatnot be of higher priority?

They're to totally different fields of reserch. It isnt like it's the same people doing both, they're totoally different.

Thats like saying drinking water is more important than sleeping. No, it's not, you need them both, they are totally different. You can die of dehydrationand exhaustion. This is the same thing, people keep bringing up cancer, when it's a different subject entierly.
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
July 30th, 2006 at 04:58pm
Sayide. =]:
Ok. Why waste time on spending money on people that have nothing else to do but eat on their fat asses all day. I say you should be looking for something actually IMPORTANT! Personally I could care less about those fat ass bastards that are too damn lazy to pull their weight around and excersise every once in a while.

watch your mouth.
I'm considered "obese" and I exercise EVERY DAY and I don't eat as much as many skinny people.
I'm not lazy. not even close. When I get up I go for a 1/2 hour walk (usually 1.5 miles) then I go to school, come home and ride my bike for hours on end.
I had to take a hormone when I was younger because a medical condition that I had and it made me put on more than 100 lbs in 2 years.
and after going to dieticians and doctors, I'm still fat.
Most fat people have eating disorders or a genetic problem, I have the genetic problem along with the meds I was taking.
Its a lot easier to put on the weight than to take it off. trust me.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 2nd, 2006 at 09:38am
The.Crazed.Spork:
Sayide. =]:
Ok. Why waste time on spending money on people that have nothing else to do but eat on their fat asses all day. I say you should be looking for something actually IMPORTANT! Personally I could care less about those fat ass bastards that are too damn lazy to pull their weight around and excersise every once in a while.

watch your mouth.
I'm considered "obese" and I exercise EVERY DAY and I don't eat as much as many skinny people.
I'm not lazy. not even close. When I get up I go for a 1/2 hour walk (usually 1.5 miles) then I go to school, come home and ride my bike for hours on end.
I had to take a hormone when I was younger because a medical condition that I had and it made me put on more than 100 lbs in 2 years.
and after going to dieticians and doctors, I'm still fat.
Most fat people have eating disorders or a genetic problem, I have the genetic problem along with the meds I was taking.
Its a lot easier to put on the weight than to take it off. trust me.

medical conditions arent people's fault. i agree with you all the way.
Register