Drinking age

AuthorMessage
airguitarist
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
airguitarist
August 7th, 2005 at 02:22pm
I think the drinking age is fine, but if parents want to let their kid drink at home with their supervision, or with other adult supervision at an earlier age, then I'm cool with that. Alcohol isn't as horrible as everyone says it is. Drinking in moderation is perfectly fine! Wine, for example, helps thin out the blood, allowing more/better flow through your heart and body. Yeah, there are those who abuse alcohol, and it's just plain sad. However, we should then drink RESPONSIBLY to prevent risks of hurting ourselves and others.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 7th, 2005 at 05:05pm
i don't think it matters what the age limit is, because a lot of people dont obey it (i admit i am one of these people) and if you raise/lower the drinking age people will still do it underage as they do with all other illegal things.
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 06:20pm
i see your point but in the UK the legal ages are different than the US. Here you can have sex and smoke at 16 yet you cannot legally buy alcohol till you are 18 years old so yeah it is a little dumb if they trust you to be able to have sex and have kids but not to drink but you could say that about voting too
Bellatrix
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bellatrix
August 7th, 2005 at 06:35pm
I think I'm the only normal 16 year onl who has not been drunk Shocked
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 06:40pm
yeah probably. i mean round my area, if you haven't been drunk before by the age of 16 then you are different than the rest so i suppose in that sence for some strange reason pressure is put on you
Bellatrix
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bellatrix
August 7th, 2005 at 06:48pm
Haha. But a guy I have been chatting too for about 5 months said that he is gonna take me out and get me drunk Laughing

yes, i'm odd Razz
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 7th, 2005 at 06:51pm
Bellatrix:
Haha. But a guy I have been chatting too for about 5 months said that he is gonna take me out and get me drunk Laughing

yes, i'm odd Razz

yes, ok, but thats not really debating the legal age of drinking, so please don't stray off topic.
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 06:55pm
yeah stick to the subject and usually i'm the one that somehow manages to steer off topic, but im sticking to this one
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 7th, 2005 at 07:45pm
normally the drinking age is hard to get round in a shop for me because i am quite short Evil or Very Mad
but i got served on wednesday and didnt even get asked for ID Very Happy
Only Nimrods Eat Dookie
Geek
Only Nimrods Eat Dookie
August 8th, 2005 at 01:41pm
They should have the same age all over the world, I say 16! I'm 15 and me and my friends were able to go into bars in Belgium and get wasted, and then we came back to Scotland and it sucked!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2005 at 06:06pm
It sucks more in Canada though cause our liquor is sold only in government funded stores where ID is required. You can't just go to a shop and buy it. Though they may, just may be changing it. *crosses fingers*
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 10th, 2005 at 03:40pm
i say 18 oldest. im sorry, if yr old enough to take a bullet for this country, yr old enough to get drunk off yr ass.
sayno2emo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
sayno2emo
August 11th, 2005 at 12:31pm
im 18 in 28 days. so yay that means i can drink cos my govenment trusts me. but seriously you are a loser if you wait till your legal to drink. i like drinking underage cos its against the law.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
August 11th, 2005 at 12:51pm
In this country, nothing stops people younger than 18 from going out and getting drunk in public. And I should know, 2 of my friends do it alot. I personally don't like drinking, but I still do it sometimes. Even though binge drinking is a problem in this country, the government cannot tackle the issue by lowering the age limit or closing pubs earlier.
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 01:19pm
i don't no why theres a drinking age because most people break the law anyway because some bar tenders cannot tell your age.
Some laws like the drinking, age of consent and bunkin off school laws just get broken anyway. why not just abolish it!!!
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
August 11th, 2005 at 01:54pm
punk_rock_kitty:
i don't no why theres a drinking age because most people break the law anyway because some bar tenders cannot tell your age.
Some laws like the drinking, age of consent and bunkin off school laws just get broken anyway. why not just abolish it!!!
ok so they abolish the law and some 11 year old kid get so drunk they have to have their stomach pumped.... not good.
The younger peope are when they drink the more its going to damage them. The reason why they have it 18/21 is because in the eyes of the law you are legally an adult therefore responsible to drink and know when to stop.
If they abolish this law then there is going to be more alcoholics in the world ruining their lives. If anything the legal age in the places where its 18 yrs should be higher to 21yrs.
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 02:01pm
comfortably confused you are right but if they get taught to manage thier drink then it would not be a problem and if they drink it will become a regular thing and they'll get bored of getting totally bladdered. They could make it parents decision to drink have some form of idenity to say they can.. [/quote]
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 02:45pm
hello??? is anyone there??
Kitti
Kitti
August 11th, 2005 at 03:06pm
comfortably confused:
punk_rock_kitty:
ok so they abolish the law and some 11 year old kid get so drunk they have to have their stomach pumped.... not good.
The younger peope are when they drink the more its going to damage them. The reason why they have it 18/21 is because in the eyes of the law you are legally an adult therefore responsible to drink and know when to stop.
If they abolish this law then there is going to be more alcoholics in the world ruining their lives. If anything the legal age in the places where its 18 yrs should be higher to 21yrs.

okay, but if people like to drink underage for the simple fact that its illegal, and you lower the drinking age, then 1) its not so thrilling to go out and get drunk, and 2) when you do go out and drink, you WONT drink until you have to get yr stomach pumped because you know how to drink and you wont be drinking just to get smashed and youll know when to stop....or something
and if parents would teach their kids something about alcohol, such that they develop expensive taste, they wont have to worry about them getting totally shit faced in college because they wont drink what they dont like and they cant afford what they do like.
logical, isnt it...?
punk_rock_kitty
Geek
punk_rock_kitty
August 11th, 2005 at 03:12pm
paradoxical:
comfortably confused:
punk_rock_kitty:

okay, but if people like to drink underage for the simple fact that its illegal, and you lower the drinking age, then 1) its not so thrilling to go out and get drunk, and 2) when you do go out and drink, you WONT drink until you have to get yr stomach pumped because you know how to drink and you wont be drinking just to get smashed and youll know when to stop....or something
and if parents would teach their kids something about alcohol, such that they develop expensive taste, they wont have to worry about them getting totally shit faced in college because they wont drink what they dont like and they cant afford what they do like.
logical, isnt it...?
if they lower / abolished the drinking age then hardly anyone but alochlics will get pissed out of there heads...and no one ill think its great gettin totally pissed
Register