September 5th, 2005 at 11:37am
I think drinking age should be 18.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
September 6th, 2005 at 02:24pm
~TheAmericanIdiot~:
GreenDayIsBetter:
I would like to know what you all think the legal drinking age should be. Personally, I think it should be 18. If the government thinks you're old enough and mature enough to smoke cigarettes, get married, have sex and have children, then how can they not think you're old and mature enough to drink alcohol? It doesn't make any sense to me. It used to be 18 and I'm not entirely sure why they raised it. If they're that adamant about keeping it at 21, then I think they should raise the age at which you can smoke, get married, have sex and have kids to 21. I just think it should all be at the same time. It doesn't make sense for drinking to be the last thing you can do, 3 years after you can get married and have kids. So tell me what you think.

resonable but you have 1 fact wrong. The government does not care when u have sex and have kids but anyways i think the drinking age is fine where it is. Why let people start forming the horible habit of obsesive drinking when the could use the xtra time they would waste drinking in school or sumthink alot more usefull and helthy?

actually a law WAS passed that having sex IS illegal until you're 18. here anyway. so no the fact wasn't wrong thank you.
in_my_own_basketcase
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
in_my_own_basketcase
September 26th, 2005 at 08:22pm
Yeah in Aotearoa the drinking age is 18. But no one follows it anyway
Slappy
Geek
Slappy
October 6th, 2005 at 10:27pm
I think drinking should be illegal altogether.
heywhatnow
Falling In Love With The Board
heywhatnow

Blog
October 6th, 2005 at 11:34pm
I just think you should be aloud[sp] to drive before you can drink.
Otherwise people will be all drunk and when they start driving they'll be running into things and all.
zaikrafu
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
zaikrafu
October 8th, 2005 at 01:47am
hey im 13 nd i drink... i mainly drink wine im not rly a beer person wine is wot i drink coz i was brought up 2 drink wine since i was 7 coz we r half italian nd we treasure wine bt i dont drink dat much and did ya know its been proved that havin red wine 3 times a week can b gd 4 u in a certain way bt i dont remember how bt my dad said coz of his conditon he was born wiv its gd 4 dat in a lil way bt of coarse only a lil amount 2 much is bad 4 ya. Smile so i fink it depends on da type of alcahol how much of it u have and ur family traditions like champagne on christmas day lol or da itallian way
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 8th, 2005 at 05:57am
I'm not bothered about drinking age to be honest. Drink when you feel like it.
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 9th, 2005 at 06:39am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
and i do. i enjoy it but dont do heavily - that much.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 9th, 2005 at 09:05am
another_girl_called_kill:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
and i do. i enjoy it but dont do heavily - that much.
Yeah Same Here
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
Geek
st.jimmy'sgrlfriend
October 10th, 2005 at 09:14pm
i live in america and the drinking age is 21. i think it should be 18. because i think if ur old enough to die for ur country ur old enough to drink a beer.
...Mike.&.Ike...
Idiot
...Mike.&.Ike...
October 10th, 2005 at 09:28pm
another_girl_called_kill, i want to have your babies...lmfao
carrot
Idiot
carrot
October 11th, 2005 at 10:48am
just becuase there is a drinkin age it doesnt mean they are gonna obey it......kids are meant to rebel
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
October 16th, 2005 at 01:21pm
yep cause that makes you hella cool right? idiots..
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
October 16th, 2005 at 04:11pm
no one obeys rules anymore.everyone breaks them.people my age(14)drink and smoke all the time.probbaly half of them have had sex.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 07:55pm
lol im surprised theres a legal age for having sex nowadays Razz
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Smoothed_Out_Slappy_Dog
October 16th, 2005 at 08:04pm
I do not drink, but not because parents tell me not to. It's just not something i think i would enjoy. It's much more fun to be the only sober one in a room. Drunk people are fun to confuse lol
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
October 18th, 2005 at 12:18pm
Well someone told me that in the UK they were thinking of putting the drinking age upto 21 Confused
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
October 27th, 2005 at 12:57pm
all you kids keep saying is that the drinking age isn't going to stop curious teens from drinking. we all already know that. i think the main issue with the drinking age is the driving under the influence. most people when they start drinking are too young to be driving anyway right? the other thing is the damage that it can do to your body. no one seems to care about that. the drinking age is 21 because it's at that age that your body has fully developed and can handle the alcohol better. it's still not good for you.. but at least it won't do as much damage at at that age..
franzi
franzi
October 27th, 2005 at 04:37pm
this is my opinion.. if the us dropped the drinking age to say.. 16 and put up the driving age to say.. 18 kids will have 2 years of getting to know and understand alcohol and how to drink responsibly and then after 2 years can get behind the wheel. they will have the experiace of getting to know how much alcohol they can handle,

because most kids..

turn 16 get drivers licence
turn 21 get shitfaced and get in their cars.
franzi
franzi
October 27th, 2005 at 04:38pm
i drink.. yah i have a few beers at parties.. but its nothing much.. i can drink responsibly
Register