December 11th, 2005 at 08:45am
Immortally Jaded:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Immortally Jaded:
tre_cool_is_god:
Immortally Jaded:
I am Satanist.
That is all.

You guys can all assume whatever the hell you want to from that.

what you like all evil and what it does? you like war and hatred then? I can respect your believes but i dont have to like it.

Actually no. AntiChrist and Satanism are two very different religions. To worship the devil, I have to believe in God first, which I don't.
I love letting people assume things about my religion because of what they were brought up with. Do a little research and maybe you'll know more.

There's a lot of different between a LaVeyan Satanisit (which Immortaly Jaded is) and Luciferian Satanists. LaVeyans follow the work of Anton LaVey, and are atheist, and Luciferians follow the work of Aleister Crowley, Dennis Wheatly and the rest.
Neither are evil.

See, Alex knows what she's talking about.

Cool
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
December 11th, 2005 at 09:57am
GangControl:
I saw this statement stamped on consecutive pillars under a motorway. Its reads really smooth when you drive past

"Religion wasn't meant to cause violence, would your God accept your
worship?"

discuss

I believe that without religion ever exisiting we would not be in the hellish world crisis we are in today. Religion is something some ancient prat (obviously in the bigger picture, not a prat, but a very clever leader... and also more than one) made up to control his/her people, and thanks to them, people are bombing the fuck out of each other right left and centre. I am biased because i'm not religious, and i understand that it helps people with peace of mind etc, but surely if you want to believe in something higher and omnipotent, then you can do it for yourself and "speak" to that divine being in your own way. Faith is the most personal thing, and i think its wrong for people to have it preached at them. Especially when the preachers are brainwashing. Without religion we would still have race-hatred, but manipulative leaders would not have "the word of God" to control their people with.

I agree
yeah go ahead and hate me for it

what has any god ever done for me/us/everyone?.....

it's just an opinion you know
fender
Geek
fender
December 11th, 2005 at 10:24am
i know exactly what you mean. i personally dont see the point in religion. i dont mean to offend and one or put down your beliefs when i say this, but i dont see how praying, just thinking thoughts in your head that you think some strange man/woman (you never know) in the sky can hear and then do stuff about it (i mean have you ever experienced a miracle?). and if he is omnipresent than wht the hell does he/she let all the bad stuff happen? i know yin yang and all that and i believe in that so wholey because with out bad you wouldnt know good, with out sorrow you would never know happiness. by creating religion they created war. i mean take iraq and iran and all the muslims and all of that thats going on right now, that would not have happened if there was no religion for there would not have been the seperation of the two in the first place. also in scotland (i think it was there) that roman catholic (i think it was that) school was being attacked by people simply because it was roman catholic. there is so much destruction going on these days and it all leads back to religion some how. the biggest mistake in religion is that there are so many, this is gonna cause disrespute undoubtedly! people are boumd to be proud of thier religion and there for freely debating, fighting, and killing innocent people for what they believe just because they believe some thing different! i am an athiest. i detset religion, its just another way of conforming, another way to be pushed around and told how to live, and i always thought that how you lived was your decision, some times people dont like that. i have never ever liked religion, and as i have grown up and matured and learnt the ways of the world i am growing to despise it. this has nothing to do with green day (in case any one thinks it does) but i like them partly because they are coming from the same angle as me. at church at the harvest festival (the school forces us up there, i tried to run away, but got caught!) i sang out of tune and at the top of my voice just to piss of the vicar dude. it was hilarious. i love annoying people like that, who are so up them selves because they are doing 'god's work' and because they are in a place of authority. hmmmm im an anarchist!
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
December 14th, 2005 at 12:01pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Immortally Jaded:
I am Satanist.
That is all.

what you like all evil and what it does? you like war and hatred then? I can respect your believes but i dont have to like it.

Please, please, please do us all a favour and do at least a minimum of research before you post things like that.

Anyway, it is my personal belief that religion is often the cause of war and suffering. People of one religion get it in their head that their religion is superior to another and then they go and "convert" the "non-believers" to the "right" religion. Just think of the medieval crusades. I think it's funny how some christians (not all of course) think the Islam to be violent and whatnot, while Christianity hasn't exactly proved to be the most peaceful religion there is, has it? I don't have a problem with people turning to religion to find solace and love, I can only applaud that. But it doesn't end there. Religion has lead to so much pain in the past, it's just horrible.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
December 14th, 2005 at 04:08pm
Snow White:
tre_cool_is_god:
Immortally Jaded:
I am Satanist.
That is all.

Please, please, please do us all a favour and do at least a minimum of research before you post things like that.

Anyway, it is my personal belief that religion is often the cause of war and suffering. People of one religion get it in their head that their religion is superior to another and then they go and "convert" the "non-believers" to the "right" religion. Just think of the medieval crusades. I think it's funny how some christians (not all of course) think the Islam to be violent and whatnot, while Christianity hasn't exactly proved to be the most peaceful religion there is, has it? I don't have a problem with people turning to religion to find solace and love, I can only applaud that. But it doesn't end there. Religion has lead to so much pain in the past, it's just horrible.

the crusades werent just religion. they were over land and money and power and even racism to some degree. religion was an excuse the Pope Urban II used to take back something that never belonged to anyone in the first place. it wasn't "we hate you because you are muslim," it was "you have something we want and we are going to pretend its your religion we hate so we can take it." read into feudal europe, there are a lot of causes.
Snow White
Geek
Snow White
December 15th, 2005 at 09:47am
paradoxical:
Snow White:
tre_cool_is_god:
Immortally Jaded:
I am Satanist.
That is all.

the crusades werent just religion. they were over land and money and power and even racism to some degree. religion was an excuse the Pope Urban II used to take back something that never belonged to anyone in the first place. it wasn't "we hate you because you are muslim," it was "you have something we want and we are going to pretend its your religion we hate so we can take it." read into feudal europe, there are a lot of causes.

Perhaps the big chiefs had several reasons apart from religion, but I always thought that the people who actually went on those crusades did do that for religious reasons. I may be wrong there though.
Kitti
Kitti
December 15th, 2005 at 03:51pm
Snow White:
paradoxical:
Snow White:
tre_cool_is_god:
Immortally Jaded:
I am Satanist.
That is all.

Perhaps the big chiefs had several reasons apart from religion, but I always thought that the people who actually went on those crusades did do that for religious reasons. I may be wrong there though.
land
glory
gold
heaven
loyalty to the feudal lords

lots of reasons.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 15th, 2005 at 04:38pm
Religion is probably the most commonly taught reason people embarked on the crusades, or at least that is what I was taught. It is also one of the first things that springs to mind in a discussion about the crusades.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
December 15th, 2005 at 10:02pm
Religion was the base of many ancient civilizations. And although it's possible that 'some prat' like you said made it all up to control his/her people, religion worked. It brought society together in ancient times, brought about order and peace as our ancestors were god-fearing people.

I have never been religious, and I don't believe there is (or was ever) a higher power. And I know that nowadays religion is causing more disruption and chaos, hatred than any kind of good, it once had a good purpose. I think it's necessary for it to have existed in the beginning, even if we choose to turn away from it slowly.
Invalid.
Jackass
Invalid.
December 19th, 2005 at 11:44am
Personally, I think religion brings more good than bad. Sure, is nice that people have some thing to elive in, but i'm willing to bet most wars have something to do with religion. I think, let people belive what they what and religion would be fine. But lots of (stupid) people DON'T let people belive what they want. Personally, i think people like that are disgusting.

Also, I feel damn stupid, but i'd like to know, could someone tell me what a atheist is?
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 19th, 2005 at 11:47am
i dont have a religion
Invalid.
Jackass
Invalid.
December 19th, 2005 at 11:50am
that_bass_line:
i dont have a religion

Beliefs, yeah, but religion, no
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 21st, 2005 at 08:17pm
alright, now this is just an anti-Christian thread
(I would say anti-religion but a lot of you all like to say you're satanist or something you think sounds cool

if no one is willing to debate I'll lock this thread
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 22nd, 2005 at 01:07pm
spill_no_sick:
(I would say anti-religion but a lot of you all like to say you're satanist or something you think sounds cool

O.o I've seen one, and she wasn't saying it so she was cool. She wasn't even talking about worshipping the devil. She was talking about the atheist kind. But..meh..whatever. I could be wrong, there may have been more people, I can only remember one though.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2005 at 02:01pm
spill_no_sick:

I'm not anti-Christian at all, If that was what you were thinking. All of my family and friends are Christian in some shape or form, and its the way I've been brought up. Just because I choose not to believe what they preach does not make me anti-Christian.

And the person(s) who said they were Satanists were hardly showing off about it.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 22nd, 2005 at 09:05pm
trust me, mentioning it is showing off enough
just like the people who "let slip" that they're bi
even if they don't act completely teenie, I see through the bull shit...they're showing off

and I know you aren't anti-Christian, I know Satanism isn't just devil worship (if you think you look smart knowing that anyone...you're dead wrong

this is just turning into "okay, so religion is to blame for war...except for the 'outrageous ones' like Satanism and Wicca...I think I'll say I am all for those or I am one of thoes"
it's turning into a a bunch of people displaying their religion on a cat walk to be admired and I hate that

the only person I actually believe or respect in all of this is Nine_Inch_Nails (I don't know you and I'm not gullible so you don't have my belief or respect.....likewise, you don't have my disbelief or disrespect
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
December 23rd, 2005 at 05:35am
Hardly an anti-christian thread....

And only about 2 or 3 people have said they're satanist. Those statements didn't really help though.

Mentioning is not showing off. Seeing as there has only been 1 mention and a short factual discussion is not showing off and pardon me but i think you're deluded to say so. Don't care so much about "teenies" or fakes or whatever... we're just interested in YOUR opinion, and then trying to ram our own down everyone elses throats.

I would like to make a very big assumption here and say that you're getting antsy because people disagree with you. But hey, thats wrong of me to say so. Natural, after all.

No-one has put wiccan and satanism as an exception, as far as i can see, because people aren't that stupid. Lets give some credit here and assume that they know they are religions.

Theres been a good 9 or 10 pages of debate. I am pleased.

Go ahead and lock it if you want, i think most things have been said
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 23rd, 2005 at 10:18am
spill_no_sick:
even if they don't act completely teenie, I see through the bull shit...they're showing off

and I know you aren't anti-Christian, I know Satanism isn't just devil worship (if you think you look smart knowing that anyone...you're dead wrong

this is just turning into "okay, so religion is to blame for war...except for the 'outrageous ones' like Satanism and Wicca...I think I'll say I am all for those or I am one of thoes"
it's turning into a a bunch of people displaying their religion on a cat walk to be admired and I hate that

the only person I actually believe or respect in all of this is Nine_Inch_Nails (I don't know you and I'm not gullible so you don't have my belief or respect.....likewise, you don't have my disbelief or disrespect

I never said that. Religion isn't the only thing to blame for war and other.... events, but it does have some play in it. There are a lot of people who don't open their minds to other possibilities besides Religion. I was just stating my religion, and then I had nothing else to do with this conversation. And no, I wasn't saying it just to sound "cool". People like that make me sick.
And just in case not many people knew this: I have absolutely nothing against Christians, because I used to be one, and my entire family are Christian.
And no, I'm not "Anti-Religion" because I am part of a religion.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
December 23rd, 2005 at 12:14pm
Immortally Jaded:
spill_no_sick:

I never said that. Religion isn't the only thing to blame for war and other.... events, but it does have some play in it. There are a lot of people who don't open their minds to other possibilities besides Religion. I was just stating my religion, and then I had nothing else to do with this conversation. And no, I wasn't saying it just to sound "cool". People like that make me sick.
And just in case not many people knew this: I have absolutely nothing against Christians, because I used to be one, and my entire family are Christian.
that's not what I said, and saying that you aren't a fake makes no difference
do you expect people like I stated to come out into the open and admit it?

watch, when VH1 does a decade show for 2000-2009 in ten years they will have plenty of people saying the "went for bi trend"
but no one will admit it now

and yes, people put stuff like their sexuality and trend out there when no one asks and when it has no relavence....that means they did it for appearance; and that's what many people here did
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
December 23rd, 2005 at 04:39pm
spill_no_sick:
Immortally Jaded:
spill_no_sick:

that's not what I said, and saying that you aren't a fake makes no difference
do you expect people like I stated to come out into the open and admit it?

watch, when VH1 does a decade show for 2000-2009 in ten years they will have plenty of people saying the "went for bi trend"
but no one will admit it now

and yes, people put stuff like their sexuality and trend out there when no one asks and when it has no relavence....that means they did it for appearance; and that's what many people here did

And how did all of a sudden this thread become about trends? Hmm?

If people choose to follow some sexuality or religion "trend" because it makes them look cool, then they're pathetic and not worth our time.

End of story.
Register