Teenage Parents

AuthorMessage
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
August 14th, 2005 at 06:29pm
In the UK, the Teenage pregnancy rate has increased by 40% over the last 10 years, and is still on the increase. Some young people WANT to have children at an early age, and will do anything to get pregnant. But for most other people in this case, its usually a case of an "accident". What do you guys think of this matter?
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 14th, 2005 at 06:54pm
As a guy, if i go out with a girl who wants that, F*** that shit. i plan on staying a virgin for a while.

its stupid, they just want to move on, but the reality is that their only moving back and screwing up their lives and having to be dependant on others, but they cant, because no one wants to be depended on.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 14th, 2005 at 07:25pm
Dont you think this is being debated enough in the "are girls growing up to fast?" and "under-age sex" threads???
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
August 14th, 2005 at 08:14pm
Dom:
Dont you think this is being debated enough in the "are girls growing up to fast?" and "under-age sex" threads???
Is it? Oh sorry...
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 14th, 2005 at 08:30pm
eberneezer_egghead:
Dom:
Is it? Oh sorry...

meh, its technically a different thread so ill leave it, just you get people going "omfg theres these like 4 yr old gurls at my skwl having babies!!!!11"
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 14th, 2005 at 09:08pm
I personally think it's disgusting...but then again if tomorrow i found out that i was even a day pregnant, i'd want to keep the baby...so you know i'm kinda hypercritical...i think the problem is when the parents can't cope...and often the father isn't bothered...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 14th, 2005 at 11:38pm
The british government brings it on themselves. For a teenage mother you get so much income support it's unreal, it averages up to 30 thousand pound, you don't get tax and medical is free

if the government tightened up on who gets support i would bet my house on the fact that teenage pregnancy would go down.
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
August 15th, 2005 at 12:00am
NeoSteph:
The british government brings it on themselves. For a teenage mother you get so much income support it's unreal, it averages up to 30 thousand pound, you don't get tax and medical is free

if the government tightened up on who gets support i would bet my house on the fact that teenage pregnancy would go down.
I didn't know that. Are you sure these girls know this?
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 15th, 2005 at 12:02am
NeoSteph:

But then wouldn't the babies suffer? it's not their fault
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2005 at 12:02am
Headfirst For Halos:
NeoSteph:

I didn't know that. Are you sure these girls know this?

it's on the government website, plus f you ask a teacher at school their supposed to tell you your options. It's widely known in Plymouth, we have the highest birthrate in England.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 15th, 2005 at 12:05am
Maybe if they put an age limit to where they can keep their kids... like if they took the baby away and charged them a certain ammount of money for the expenses every month.. something to make them take responsibility for their actions without getting the benifits
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2005 at 12:08am
Walking_Towards_The_Light:
Maybe if they put an age limit to where they can keep their kids... like if they took the baby away and charged them a certain ammount of money for the expenses every month.. something to make them take responsibility for their actions without getting the benifits

Keeping the baby would be much harder, think about it, no time to go out with friends, constantly on the baby's beck and call.

plus it's not morraly with standing to a baby awy from it's mother for no reason.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 15th, 2005 at 12:15am
NeoSteph:
Walking_Towards_The_Light:

Keeping the baby would be much harder, think about it, no time to go out with friends, constantly on the baby's beck and call.

plus it's not morraly with standing to a baby awy from it's mother for no reason.

Yes but the reasons for having a baby are very diffrent, they get a lot of money as you mentioned earlier so then why get all this... young girls may not be ready to properly raise a child if they aren't quiet finished growing yourself. You do learn by experience.. how much can a 13 or 14 year old have anyway?
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 15th, 2005 at 01:45am
its not right, by any circumstance, unless you just want to give birth and then put it into adoption, and thats not really helping a whole bunch of people is it now.

i personally think its about the money and the sex.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
August 15th, 2005 at 02:19am
it's not hard to use a condom people...

but i had a theory on this:

ok, you know everyone is blaming these raising statistics on teenagers basically being bigger whores, and yes that's probably some of it, but as any one else considered that fact that it could someone have to do with the fact that people are ABLE to get pregnant earlier? teens have been starting puberty earlier and earlier. like, i started mine when i was 11, but my mom said when she was young most people didnt start it until they were about 16. so therefore, moe people get pregnant younger parchially because it's POSSIBLE for them to get pregnant younger, where as before, it would be impossible for a lot os teenage girlsto get pregnant when they were 14, because their bodies weren't able to yet.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 15th, 2005 at 12:42pm
i know girls who'll fuck anything that don't move if the guys got a gf they still don't care they probably hope they'll get pregnant so they can keep the guy...there are people that sad
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
August 15th, 2005 at 01:12pm
Nah. Everyone can do what they please.
Electro Heartbeats.
Electro Heartbeats.
August 16th, 2005 at 10:07am
my sister got pregnant when she was 14, and it was an accident. I don't know why she was having sex that young, or why she wasn't being carefull about pregnancy. she is just a child herself, and would not be able to cope with a baby.
she got an abortion, but i know that at one point she did want the baby. i think it was so that her boyfriend would stay with her, but that is so stupid. she would be stuck with a baby her whole life, but he would of probably dumped her a week after even if she didn't get pregnant.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 17th, 2005 at 07:05am
bleeding baby doll:
my sister got pregnant when she was 14, and it was an accident. I don't know why she was having sex that young, or why she wasn't being carefull about pregnancy. she is just a child herself, and would not be able to cope with a baby.
she got an abortion, but i know that at one point she did want the baby. i think it was so that her boyfriend would stay with her, but that is so stupid. she would be stuck with a baby her whole life, but he would of probably dumped her a week after even if she didn't get pregnant.
"I don't know why she was having sex that young" HYPERCRITE!!! You're a year younger than she was!!!!!
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 17th, 2005 at 10:03am
Personally... i don't hate teen parents but... i don't admire it either. They've ruined quite alot...i mean imagine all the money your spending and you can pretty much say good bye to half your social life... but then again your gaining a child... either ways... then again it was their choice so yer... x]
Register