Mistakes in surgery with extreme effects

AuthorMessage
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 22nd, 2005 at 07:39pm
NeoSteph:
I think it's shit that docors, get so much crap.

yes mistakes will happen, but all these cases even though there are many are the minority of what goes on in hostpitals.

It's easy to judge but these doctors work long hours many who don't recieve proper pay, don't blame the surgeons blame the government for restricting the NHS which is the reason for malpractise.

WAHT!? Doctors get a ridiculous amount of money! unless you mean by them not getting proper pay as in...their wages should be like a quarter of what they are. but i understand totally about judging doctors....they fuck up with SO much stuff....purposely.....and what's said about them not caring about the patient is true.....although as i said in another post on this...i don't think all of these mistakes should make it so you can sue a doctor....i still think that doctors are some twisted fucks! i don't want to write 63423 pages of why in this topic...but i would suggest going and getting some books on the wrongs of doctoring....and you will see why it's okay to judge doctors...and why there should be changes made.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:15pm
rar:
NeoSteph:
I think it's shit that docors, get so much crap.

yes mistakes will happen, but all these cases even though there are many are the minority of what goes on in hostpitals.

It's easy to judge but these doctors work long hours many who don't recieve proper pay, don't blame the surgeons blame the government for restricting the NHS which is the reason for malpractise.

WAHT!? Doctors get a ridiculous amount of money! unless you mean by them not getting proper pay as in...their wages should be like a quarter of what they are. but i understand totally about judging doctors....they fuck up with SO much stuff....purposely.....and what's said about them not caring about the patient is true.....although as i said in another post on this...i don't think all of these mistakes should make it so you can sue a doctor....i still think that doctors are some twisted fucks! i don't want to write 63423 pages of why in this topic...but i would suggest going and getting some books on the wrongs of doctoring....and you will see why it's okay to judge doctors...and why there should be changes made.

no they don't, not until they're like 45 years old do they start making real money.

First of all a medical degree's can cost a student anything up to 60 thousand pounds, which they have to pay off, secondly the first 5 years you work your still techinically a student so you only make about 20 grand a year, seeing on average renting costs 7 thousand a year, that's not much to live off.

I've been in hostpital quite a few times and i've always had brilliant doctors, even though i know their under staffed.

Thirdly my brother is a doctor, who has been wrongfully sued for something that wasn't even the hostpitals fault, so don't tell me to go read a book, seeing as medicine is the field i will be studying next year in Uni.

Why the hell would a doctor fuck up on purpose, what you think they see it as a joke. My brother works 80 hours a week, 50 on average.

Have you got a job? i bet you fuck up once in while, well try not sleeping for a few nights and then working.

Sometime in your life your going to have to depend on a doctor to live, let's see if you think their twisted fucks then.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
August 23rd, 2005 at 04:14am
If it wasn't for doctors my mum would be dead! Most of them are great. There are the odd few that make an accident but they have been trained for years and years, everyone makes mistakes, they're only human.
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
Geek
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
October 15th, 2005 at 12:28am
It happens all the time. My family and I both suffer from surgical mistakes. There are a lot of lawsuits there.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 15th, 2005 at 02:23pm
No Knowledge Of Love:
Fuck the surgeons, man, I still have the scars from my stitches AND I GOT MY SURGERY WHEN I WAS 7!!! 5 YEARS!!!!

I have a scar from my stitches, nine years ago. I doubt the scar's ever going to fade, but it was a small price to pay for having my life saved. And as for the people who say doctors get paid too much, think of how much their job requires for them to do. They save lives for a living, work crazy hours and are under a lot of stress, so its hardly surprising some of them make mistakes, its not worth dwelling on.
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
October 15th, 2005 at 09:38pm
did you guys here about that lady that had surgury and they left scissors in her? and it like cut her intestines or something Shocked and my mom was having random horrible nausia and stomach pains and her docter said it was fine, but the next day she went to another docter about it and he told her it was a bad hernia and if she waited one more day to have surgery she would have died, shows how much that first docter knows...
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
October 16th, 2005 at 07:35am
That's wrong.
That is so very very wrong.
Sure, everyone makes mistakes, not everyone's perfect, but the fact is she is now paralyzed! she should at least get compensation!!!
that is just shocking.
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
October 16th, 2005 at 06:43pm
I think that as long as they are aware of the risks but still agree to the surgery, how can the doctors be wrong? They're not going to screw up on purpose, so don't go around saying that surgeons are overpaid idiots - they save lives Confused
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 07:35pm
What Became Of Subtlety?:
There are many cases of surgeons leaving instruments inside the patient Confused

yes. i saw that in ripleys or something. a long metal bar was left inside a guys stomach. he complained of having very bad stomach aches and they finally.. after a really long time (i forgot if it was months or years.. i think it was years or else it wouldnt have been on ripleys) they took the thing out O_o
Gem
Jackass
Gem
October 17th, 2005 at 01:15pm
If something bad happens the decent thing is to receive compensation. I agree that some people are too harsh on doctors. Think of how many lives they do save? That's gotta count for something and i also think that more than makes up for some mistakes.. however, they should make right the mistakes they do do.... i think that all made sense, lol. Gem xx
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
October 18th, 2005 at 12:17pm
Gem:
If something bad happens the decent thing is to receive compensation. I agree that some people are too harsh on doctors. Think of how many lives they do save? That's gotta count for something and i also think that more than makes up for some mistakes.. however, they should make right the mistakes they do do.... i think that all made sense, lol. Gem xx
Agreed.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 18th, 2005 at 12:36pm
You've got to remember that its only a small minority of doctors who do make mistakes. But that small minority becomes vastly blown out of proportion by the media etc.
Ilse
Ilse
October 18th, 2005 at 03:27pm
Sue the bastards. Sue them for all they're worht and more.

There was this one woman who was told by her doctor she had cancer of the uterus. Guess what? She didn't. It was a fluke in the testing, if she had gon to a second doctor and gotten a simple urine test, her uterus would have never been removed ans she could have had kids.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
October 31st, 2005 at 08:46am
September_has_Ended:
Sue the bastards. Sue them for all they're worht and more.

There was this one woman who was told by her doctor she had cancer of the uterus. Guess what? She didn't. It was a fluke in the testing, if she had gon to a second doctor and gotten a simple urine test, her uterus would have never been removed ans she could have had kids.

i heard about that case somewhere. and its really sad how one doctors mistake possibly has fucked up her life.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 1st, 2005 at 04:57pm
What Became Of Subtlety?:
There are many cases of surgeons leaving instruments inside the patient Confused

When I had a heart surgery, they cut me in the wrong place...sounds funny, probably...they cut one of my muscles in half and one of my breasts is damaged, which might cause breast cancer or something else at some point or another. But no one gives a shit really. I never had the money to sue them. There was a boy of 3 who had the same operation, and was still in coma when I already left the hospital, so I guess it could be worse.
Doctors often get away with that kind of stuff. If it didn't kill you - you're fine. No offence to doctors though, it's not like everyone is like that
Billies_Chik96
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Billies_Chik96
November 10th, 2005 at 05:15pm
hey ummm.....*deep breath!*anyone hear about this indian chick who had a baby and the doctor left a pair of scissors in her stomach and for about 3 years she felt a HUGE amount of pain in her stomach and then she went to about 2 doctors and they said she was fine but then she still felt the pain so she went to another doctor and said that there were scissors in her stomach so they took them out!!!!*PHEW!!!!*breath in and out,in and out!! LOL! Rolling Eyes
Ilse
Ilse
November 10th, 2005 at 10:23pm
There was a woman in India who had surgery, they had to cut her open, all that good stuff. The doctors left a pair of suchers INSIDE her. They rusted away for almost 20 years until she had an x-ray. If she had moved a certian way, she could have punctured an organ and she could have bled to to death.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 11th, 2005 at 11:03am
September_has_Ended:
There was a woman in India who had surgery, they had to cut her open, all that good stuff. The doctors left a pair of suchers INSIDE her. They rusted away for almost 20 years until she had an x-ray. If she had moved a certian way, she could have punctured an organ and she could have bled to to death.

Do you mean scissors? because i didnt know that Sutures could rust Confused
Billies_Chik96
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Billies_Chik96
November 11th, 2005 at 03:12pm
September_has_Ended:

like....that's what i just said!!!
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 24th, 2006 at 11:43pm
Billies_Chik96:
September_has_Ended:

like....that's what i just said!!!
Did you find that off of Ripley's! Believe it or Not?
Register