The Q&A thread

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2007 at 03:27am
I can help with notes! Notes are easy to read. Borrow a friend's piano or keyboard to help you learn if you need it.

K, on treble clef, that thing that looks all swirly, the space are FACE. F, A, C, and E. The lines on treble clef are Every Good Boy Does Fine. E, G, B, D, and F. got it?

Like, the lowest space is F, then the space after that is A. The lowest line is E, and the line after it is G. And below the E line is D. Below D is middle C.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2007 at 05:02am
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2007 at 01:13pm
sampalletband:

ooooooooh! That's really cool!
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
January 22nd, 2007 at 12:06pm
Is there any Green Day song that doesn't involve power chords or other complicated chords, since I don't know how to play them?
Franny.
Franny.
January 22nd, 2007 at 08:25pm
OMGTheNetwork!!!11:
Is there any Green Day song that doesn't involve power chords or other complicated chords, since I don't know how to play them?

espionage. it's just a picking line repeated over and over again.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2007 at 09:37pm
Learn your 3 chords.. Most rock and roll (from 50s and 60s and up) are made up of 3 chords normally. G, C, and D.

Learn these and you can do a number of songs Wink

That's why it's called 3 chord rock and roll.
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
January 24th, 2007 at 10:23pm
Where can I find good keyboard tabs for WMUWSE?? Please help!
Franny.
Franny.
January 25th, 2007 at 12:50am
Ambyeyes:

if you find a guitar tab for it, and then write the notes down, it's the same on the piano =)
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 01:49am
Franny.:
Ambyeyes:

if you find a guitar tab for it, and then write the notes down, it's the same on the piano =)

http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab/idmusica/46520/keyb/true.htm
Complete Savage
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Complete Savage
January 25th, 2007 at 03:49am
OMGTheNetwork!!!11:

When I started guitar, I didn't know how to play chords either. But after I really really REALLY tried, I was able to play When I Come Around, try that, it's easy.
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
January 25th, 2007 at 12:01pm
sampalletband:
Franny.:
Ambyeyes:

http://www.e-chords.com/guitartab/idmusica/46520/keyb/true.htm

Thanks! And thanks Franny.. it will really work if I do that? Well, I'll try Very Happy
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
January 25th, 2007 at 12:24pm
Ok... the way those WMUWSE tabs are put out.. isn't a way I can understand them very well. No, I'm not stupid, if you're wondering...haha
The way that made good sence for me was where there was a key for every syllable.. and that made it SO easy. Does anyone understand what I mean?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Does anyone have tips for chord-changing and for playing chords without having your hand ache? Because I am badly in need of any such tips. My left hand hurrrtttssss....</whine>
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 25th, 2007 at 03:16pm
SUCK IT UP tehe

Just kidding... if your hand is hurting it could be one of two things... You're not praticing enough so when you do play it hurts OR it's something a doctor should look at.

I know that when I don't play enough my hand doesn't hurt as much as my fingertips look like raw hamburger when I'm done...
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 25th, 2007 at 07:23pm
lyrical_mess:
Does anyone have tips for chord-changing and for playing chords without having your hand ache? Because I am badly in need of any such tips. My left hand hurrrtttssss....</whine>
Exercises. Musicians Friend sells those hand things that you use to build up hand muscles or something. I've never tried them but I've heard they're good. And practice is good.

*babbling*
If your hands hurt now, never consider making stain glass windows as a hobby. That totally destroys your hands. I think I still have a small shard of glass stuck in my left index finger.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2007 at 11:55am
oooohhh...anf for quick chord changing? does that just come with practice or is some kind of awesome secret my oily teacher refuses to tell me about?
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 26th, 2007 at 03:52pm
As far as I know, there's no super awesome secret.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 26th, 2007 at 09:39pm
lyrical_mess:

Erm. Practice practice practice.

A good way to make switching easier is ... say you're plaiyng a C Chord and then you want to switch to A minor, you keep your pointy finger in the same note and just move the other two fingers to the G and D string on the 2nd fret

Ah. I probably just confused the fuck outta you. Don't mind me
There's just many different ways to play certain chords. Use different fingering (tehe Sorry) Usually I play an E chord with my 2nd and 3rd finger but to make it easier to switch from an E chord to G I would use my 1st and 2nd finger instead. See my point? Shit. I'm confusing myself
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 26th, 2007 at 09:42pm
sampalletband:
SUCK IT UP tehe

Just kidding... if your hand is hurting it could be one of two things... You're not praticing enough so when you do play it hurts OR it's something a doctor should look at.

I know that when I don't play enough my hand doesn't hurt as much as my fingertips look like raw hamburger when I'm done...

Exactly. I didn't pick up my guitar for a week cuz of finals and shit and when I went to play my fingers were kililng me cuz my calluses had softened Molly It's always a sad day but it' also feels good when my fingers hurt cuz it knows I'm working those babies hard. Fizz
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
January 26th, 2007 at 09:43pm
OMGTheNetwork!!!11:

Plenty.

Here's some I can think of.

Good Riddance
Warning (plain old A, D, G chord here's the structure: A,D,G,D repeat.. that's basically the whole song)
Poprocks and Coke (A, E, D with the occasional power chord thrown in here and there)

Ummm.. I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them at the moment Very Happy
Register