Geek
heyyitsmichelle
September 4th, 2005 at 10:09pm
Whenever they want to. How about that?
black mamba
Idiot
black mamba
September 4th, 2005 at 10:27pm
they'll be around as long as we keep buying records...
choxie<3
Geek
choxie<3
September 4th, 2005 at 11:24pm
look at U2 and see how old they are
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
September 4th, 2005 at 11:27pm
stratocaster_cutie:
greenday has been around pretty much since i was born. they aare now like 34 or sumtin. do u think they're getting old and i wont tell yall my opinion cuz its my own dam buisness?

of course they're getting old. i'm sure that we're all getting old as well, what kinda question is that? Rolling Eyes

but if you mean that they're getting too old to play music, i don't think they are. i mean, age isn't really a factor. i mean like johnny cash played music until he died. and he was pretty old.

and i think i read this from one of NeoSteph's posts about Mike being the one who will pull out first. i kinda agree with that. i dunno why but i have a feeling about it. i really really doubt Tre would pull out. Billie is still a possibility, but Mike would be highest probability.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 4th, 2005 at 11:29pm
i dunno...maybe when billie dies of lung cancer, tre gets a heart attack, or mike gets eaten by a polar.

only then will i actually think about it.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 4th, 2005 at 11:32pm
No, Mike is god so shutup:
i dunno...maybe when billie dies of lung cancer, tre gets a heart attack, or mike gets eaten by a polar.

and Jason gets run over buy a reindeer.

O_O Cant forget Jason MAN!!!
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
September 4th, 2005 at 11:34pm
ReservoirDogs:
No, Mike is god so shutup:

and Jason gets run over buy a reindeer.

O_O Cant forget Jason MAN!!!
YES! TOTALLY!@
St. Jimmy Jazz
King For A Couple Of Days
St. Jimmy Jazz
September 5th, 2005 at 01:40am
Just read this and I have to disagree with the mainstream thing and them breaking up.

The Stones have been mainstream forever and they're still playing, even though Jagger and Richards hate each other.

I think they're going to be like our Rolling Stones and when I have kids they're be "MOMMY!! LET'S GO TO THE GREEN DAY CONCERT!"

Mike though would leave first, I think more in his death because of his heart condition. That tends to led to an early grave. Sad
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 5th, 2005 at 01:48am
edge_wall:
Just read this and I have to disagree with the mainstream thing and them breaking up.

The Stones have been mainstream forever and they're still playing, even though Jagger and Richards hate each other.

I think they're going to be like our Rolling Stones and when I have kids they're be "MOMMY!! LET'S GO TO THE GREEN DAY CONCERT!"

Mike though would leave first, I think more in his death because of his heart condition. That tends to led to an early grave. Sad
;;;;;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!1111
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
September 5th, 2005 at 01:51am
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:

;;;;;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!1111

It's not my fault he was born with a faulty heart! As much as I hate to say it...Mike's got an early grave. Sad
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 5th, 2005 at 01:54am
edge_wall:
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:

;;;;;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!1111

It's not my fault he was born with a faulty heart! As much as I hate to say it...Mike's got an early grave. Sad
:O And he smokes!!11
-emails Mike and threats him that he better get healthy or "I" will send him to his grave!!!!1111-
;;;_;;; He cant -prays-
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 5th, 2005 at 03:22am
NeoSteph:
personally i think mike will pullout first, then the band will collapse after they try to replace him, meh

why d'you think that? I, personally, reckon that BJ's the most likely to leave.
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
September 5th, 2005 at 03:25am
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:

;;;;;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!1111

-emails Mike and threats him that he better get healthy or "I" will send him to his grave!!!!1111-
;;;_;;; He cant -prays-

shit. you're right... BUT... 'an early grave' no lon ger means the age of forty... that's like... 60 nowadays.

but shitshitshit I never thought of that.
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
Jackass
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
September 5th, 2005 at 03:31am
is it just me, or does anyone else think that Green Day is going to be together FOREVER!! and playing untill they're fingers are brittle and old and can't play the music anymore?
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
September 5th, 2005 at 03:56am
Green Day, old? not in a million years.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
September 5th, 2005 at 03:58am
NeoSteph:
i think if my friends heard you call 34 old, they would shoot you Shocked

if they stay together i think they've got another 5 years tops in them, because they've gone mainstream they can't last that long, it's usually outside groups that stay together forever.
I agree.
Loudleah
Loudleah
September 5th, 2005 at 03:59am
I knew that they exsisted when I was 6 ( when dookie came out) and now im 17!!!! AHHH over ten years of lovein em!!!!
Loudleah
Loudleah
September 5th, 2005 at 04:02am
oops i read the quiestion wrong hmm

prob 18-20ish u need to quickly get in!!!!

so they did well
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
September 5th, 2005 at 04:14am
greendaygothgirl:
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:
ReservoirDogs:
edge_wall:

;;;;;;;;;;;_;;;;;;;;;;;;
DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!1111

;;;_;;; He cant -prays-

shit. you're right... BUT... 'an early grave' no lon ger means the age of forty... that's like... 60 nowadays.

but shitshitshit I never thought of that.

Yeah...my great grandfather was born with a faulty heart and died around 60.

But I think they probably be more like Queen: Make records and tour till one of them dies, at that point have random reunion tours.
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
September 5th, 2005 at 04:18am
TreIsCool32:
NeoSteph:
i think if my friends heard you call 34 old, they would shoot you Shocked

if they stay together i think they've got another 5 years tops in them, because they've gone mainstream they can't last that long, it's usually outside groups that stay together forever.
I agree.

Queen was mainstream and they've been around since the 70s.. and sticked around for a long time before 1991 when Freddie died. Even then they never offical broke up.

Just because a band goes main stream..doesn't mean they're going to break up any time soon.

Usually if the band has a good relationship between each other, they're break for a while and get back together and do an ablum or tour.
Green Day has that. I can see them cutting down on their touring though soon as well as other things so they can be with their familes..but I don't see them breaking up.

AS for Mike and award shows and interviews... the man LOVES to play. I've seen him on stage, he loves playing bass. He's just probably hates the publicty bits but sticks around to play because he enjoys it.
Register