Anti-Censorship

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 6th, 2006 at 06:47pm
You know another kind of censorship I dislike? Book translations, that were originally written in other languages. Publishing companies have a nasty habbit of editing the book to make it adapt to the 'new' culture, instead of it being the authors original books. Characters names get changed at times for sounding too forgein. My German teacher was on a rant about this today, because she reads alot of German literature, and it frusterates her alot to see how the books are butchered so much. It isnt censoring the obscene, but only what is unfamiliar, and that is pointless.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 29th, 2007 at 09:51pm
I feel a need to revive this thread because my human rights, and every other person in this country's rights are being violated. Ever since the coup and martial law has been imposed, all, I mean all outlets for freedom of speech in this country have been banned. All local radio stations closed, all television stations not showing what the new government wants to show fined, newspaper articles finely edited, websites banned. And it is soooo not fair, but no one dares to speak up because of what has happened before in protests. The only pretests allowed and have been on going for months now are the anti-coup protests which has most of the law enforcement on their side anyway. The most ridiculous thing is that everything is being replaced with 'King Power' images which the King never even needed or wanted in the first place. Infact, this country was more unified before 'King Power' started, which is the opposite purpose of it.

Anyway, no one has a clue what I'm talking about, just that I'm pissed. Whatever.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
July 30th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Anji:
I feel a need to revive this thread because my human rights, and every other person in this country's rights are being violated. Ever since the coup and martial law has been imposed, all, I mean all outlets for freedom of speech in this country have been banned. All local radio stations closed, all television stations not showing what the new government wants to show fined, newspaper articles finely edited, websites banned. And it is soooo not fair, but no one dares to speak up because of what has happened before in protests. The only pretests allowed and have been on going for months now are the anti-coup protests which has most of the law enforcement on their side anyway. The most ridiculous thing is that everything is being replaced with 'King Power' images which the King never even needed or wanted in the first place. Infact, this country was more unified before 'King Power' started, which is the opposite purpose of it.

Anyway, no one has a clue what I'm talking about, just that I'm pissed. Whatever.
Hug

I vaguely remember you talking about the devotion your people have to your monarch in another thread. But I can't pretend to be a great authority on your country, so I can only say that I find the censoring of your country's media dispicable. If you don't mind my asking, what would happen if people protested against it?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 30th, 2007 at 05:50pm
Anji:

if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

your post reminded me of a Documentary i watched on North Korea.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 05:55pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
If you don't mind my asking, what would happen if people protested against it?
Well, the last few times there were riots in Thailand against martial law, the army opened fire and several people including some foreigners were killed. The ridiculous thing it, that here in Thailand we cannot access sites which discuss the events, the most renowned is 'Black May'.

Also, Thais are not violent people, I mean, compared with other South-East Asian countries, life here is very easy going. The first time I visited Hong Kong, I remember being shock at how rude a waiter was after he kicked out chairs from under the table so we could sit. I remember thinking that they're so rough there, but here everyone's so friendly.

It's very frusterating to see everyone posting YouTube videos and all I can see is a stupid, blank, white square. Mad
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 05:58pm
ColleenStarship:

lmfao lmfao lmfao

I was watching a documentary on North Korea earlier. It's amazing that Thailand is even compared to it. That just shocks me, it's laughable. It's quite different, that's why it's funny, but it could look the same from the outside. The fact is that life here does go on the same way without the freedom of speech, there's just this frusterating air when you pick up the newspaper.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 06:01pm
For such a uptight country right now, our security sucks though. Very Happy A few weeks ago, some hacker broke into the Thai government website and posted all these things about Taksin being a dictator. lmfao Very funny. They quickly shut it down.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 30th, 2007 at 06:02pm
Anji:
ColleenStarship:

lmfao lmfao lmfao

I was watching a documentary on North Korea earlier. It's amazing that Thailand is even compared to it. That just shocks me, it's laughable. It's quite different, that's why it's funny, but it could look the same from the outside. The fact is that life here does go on the same way without the freedom of speech, there's just this frusterating air when you pick up the newspaper.

I wasn't comparing anything, i was just curious. it jsut reminded me, thats all.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 30th, 2007 at 06:16pm
ColleenStarship:
I wasn't comparing anything, i was just curious. it jsut reminded me, thats all.
Just that it reminded you of North Korea, then, is funny.
Register