School Shootings

AuthorMessage
ForgetvirginityFuckBillie
Geek
ForgetvirginityFuckBillie
February 20th, 2006 at 11:14pm
I've read a lot about Kelbold and Herris and I feel sympathetic toward the school shooting partisipants. I think if people just left them alone and didnt provoke them then students wouldnt be in this mess every day.
trohmaniac51
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
trohmaniac51
February 24th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Personaly, I haven't had a shooting at my school, but a kid did bring a loaded gun to school once.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
February 25th, 2006 at 05:12pm
it's my biggest fear in life.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 25th, 2006 at 06:33pm
billie_not_billy:
it's my biggest fear in life.

you shouldnt walk around being worried all your life.
castaway.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
castaway.
May 29th, 2006 at 12:10pm
Most school shootings are the fault of the students acting a certain way to the shooter for a time,causing them to feel anger,etc. towards the schoolmates. Personally,concerning Columbine Harris and Eric did it because of how they were picked on by the other kids for so long. Violent films,games,music was also an influence but not the biggest one.

I think someone's brought a gun to school before last year,I don't remember. x_x But it wasn't loaded...but we have this poster in the halls that has a number to call if you see someone with a gun,and you'll get $500 for calling. =D
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 29th, 2006 at 12:13pm
I don't think it's always nessacarily the parent's or teacher's faults. A lot of times it is though. If someone's kid has that many problems, I would hope the parent would notice and talk to them or do something about it. If some people would do that, it could've saved a lot of lives.
castaway.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
castaway.
May 29th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Well they did go to a place to 'get help' before the shooting,and they acted normal and very intelligent. They hid the weapons very carefully in the house aswell. So I doubt it was their families' fault,besides they even made a video talking about how they set everything up and apoligizing to their parents. That and they sent an e-mail to the poilce saying that it was their(the students) fault and they brought it upon themselves.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2006 at 08:54pm
I just know kids don't wake up one day and decide, "hey, I want to shoot kids at my school!" Severe depression and mental issues are also involved. temporary insanity can be to blame at time, but whats even more scary is when they know what they are doing, and are so consumed in the horrors of what their life has been like that they don't care. Then when they are done, they can't bear anymore punishment, so they take their own lives. Thats what disturbs me. How can anyone not see what type of misery they are living in? When shooting people seems like the solution, your desperate.

To me, the blood falls on the hands of those who sit by and watch kids slink lower and lower within themselves until they don't know what to do. Self harm is bad enough, but when it effects others its even worse. Teachers, parents, peers, ect. Those people should feel responsable.To sit back and not do anything is sick, how can you know about someones depression, have the ability to fix it, and not even try?

What annoys me above all else is when people blame the media. Video Games, Music, Movies, THEY DON'T KILL PEOPLE. One really good example is Columbine shootings. It is sick how Marilyn Manson was blamed, I hate all the negative attention he gets just ofr questioning things. Im sorry, but thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. They claimed they had make up on and were dressed like him. The worst part was when the boys commited suicide. they never even had a chance to be helped.

"They blamed entertainment for the deaths, but what they don't realize was the most gruesome entertainment I saw was their coverage of the event."
-marilyn Manson on Columbine High shootings

I couldnt agree more. They blame entertainment, when they are exploting funerals and taping hysterical victims, all so their shows get high ratings, thats what I find sick.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 30th, 2006 at 02:43am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

What annoys me above all else is when people blame the media. Video Games, Music, Movies, THEY DON'T KILL PEOPLE. One really good example is Columbine shootings. It is sick how Marilyn Manson was blamed, I hate all the negative attention he gets just ofr questioning things. Im sorry, but thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard. They claimed they had make up on and were dressed like him. The worst part was when the boys commited suicide. they never even had a chance to be helped.

"They blamed entertainment for the deaths, but what they don't realize was the most gruesome entertainment I saw was their coverage of the event."

I couldnt agree more. They blame entertainment, when they are exploting funerals and taping hysterical victims, all so their shows get high ratings, thats what I find sick.

Has anyone seen Bowling For Columbine? Marilyn Manson says some very intelligent things when he is interviewed, and that movie is the reason I started to listen to his music.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 10:00am
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Has anyone seen Bowling For Columbine? Marilyn Manson says some very intelligent things when he is interviewed, and that movie is the reason I started to listen to his music.
YES. I have. I love listening to interviews with Marilyn . He is so articulate in the manor he says things, which actually makes me want to listen to his opinions and try to understand what he's saying, not brand it as "sacreligious" or "evil" like everyone else. I don't even agree with some times, but opinions vary and I hate it when people discriminate against him because he is different. Imagine that, waking up in Chicago on tour one day, and turn on CNN, and they're blaming you for a massacre when your hundreds of miles away. That had to be a nightmare to live through.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 30th, 2006 at 05:53pm
ForgetvirginityFuckBillie:
I've read a lot about Kelbold and Herris and I feel sympathetic toward the school shooting partisipants. I think if people just left them alone and didnt provoke them then students wouldnt be in this mess every day.

I've read more than you can believe (and if you can figure out how to work the Harris Levels tell me)
this is one of my many fascinations, particularly Columbine and Jeff Weise

but what's really interesting is how it doesn't happen as often as it should (I'm not saying I want it to happen, but it's against all odds how it doesn't happen as often)

next time you go to school walk around and think in your mind how easy it would be to shoot up thirteen students (a U.S. record)
then think how many kids are pushed to this point every day

it amazes me how it doesn't happen as often
no one even makes time to prevent it
teachers don't care, students don't care, no one gives a shit if a student is in pain or anything like that

it just amazes me after studying all of this (teen suicide and teen school shootings news stories are a really interesting read at night
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 05:58pm
spill_no_sick:

I've read more than you can believe (and if you can figure out how to work the Harris Levels tell me)

but what's really interesting is how it doesn't happen as often as it should (I'm not saying I want it to happen, but it's against all odds how it doesn't happen as often)

next time you go to school walk around and think in your mind how easy it would be to shoot up thirteen students (a U.S. record)

teachers don't care, students don't care, no one gives a shit if a student is in pain or anything like that

it just amazes me after studying all of this (teen suicide and teen school shootings news stories are a really interesting read at night
I think alot of it would be self-loathing too, not wanting to take it out on others. Being constantly in pain everyday of your life has effects on you, it may not be physical pain, but the mental trama can be just as bad. After having people tell you that you're worthless and ignorant so many times it begins to set in. Then you either chose to exlpode, thus, school shootings and violent measues, or implode, and take it out on yourself.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 30th, 2006 at 06:02pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:

I think alot of it would be self-loathing too, not wanting to take it out on others. Being constantly in pain everyday of your life has effects on you, it may not be physical pain, but the mental trama can be just as bad. After having people tell you that you're worthless and ignorant so many times it begins to set in. Then you either chose to exlpode, thus, school shootings and violent measues, or implode, and take it out on yourself.
I don't think it's as simple as "they hear how worthless they are all the time"

people usually think suicidal/homicidal teens are inferior to everyone else....I think it's the obvious
they're more aware of the world than everyone else and they are, in many ways, superior to they rest of us

they'll catch on if you just say, "we believe in you" just to keep yourself from being shot
they know when you don't care

it's not as if you can pretend to throw a tennis ball, hide it behind your back, and tell them to fetch without them noticing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2006 at 06:07pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
spill_no_sick:

I don't think it's as simple as "they hear how worthless they are all the time"

people usually think suicidal/homicidal teens are inferior to everyone else....I think it's the obvious
they're more aware of the world than everyone else and they are, in many ways, superior to they rest of us

they'll catch on if you just say, "we believe in you" just to keep yourself from being shot
they know when you don't care

it's not as if you can pretend to throw a tennis ball, hide it behind your back, and tell them to fetch without them noticing

That's true as well, once someone feels suicidal and emotionally stressed, you can't just say "Oh, I care about you now, perk up." You're right, that doesnt work.

spill_no_sick:
don't think it's as simple as "they hear how worthless they are all the time"

The constant disrespecting of someone is never 'simple'. For someone to think that their life is no longer worth living just doesnt happen over night. Seriouly suicidal people have their attention focused on all the negatives (and typically there is quite a few of them) and see no reason to look for anything positive. It's never as black and white as "you're worthless".
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 31st, 2006 at 03:55pm
gun's dont kill people, people kill people, YEAH PEOPLE WITH GUNS =Freddy Mercury and Brian May
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 03:58pm
Magne:
gun's dont kill people, people kill people, YEAH PEOPLE WITH GUNS =Freddy Mercury and Brian May

The point in that was? Confused
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 31st, 2006 at 04:01pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

the point being perhaps if guns wernt so damn easy to get hold of there wouldnt be any schools shottings,

its just this forum reminded me of it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 04:16pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

the point being perhaps if guns wernt so damn easy to get hold of there wouldnt be any schools shottings,

Oh, well, I agree, guns are to easily available. But you can't blame guns for murders, people kill people, and whatever weapon they may use. A gun doesnt shoot itself and it doesnt walk into a school by itself either.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 31st, 2006 at 06:47pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Oh, well, I agree, guns are to easily available. But you can't blame guns for murders, people kill people, and whatever weapon they may use. A gun doesnt shoot itself and it doesnt walk into a school by itself either.
they are not as easy as Michael Moore says
yes, the guns purchased for Columbine were bought legally.....oh yeah, he forgot to mention that Dylan and Eric didn't buy the guns because the guns couldn't legally be sold to them!!!!!

Eric and Dylan got the guns from some friends who were of age, took the test, got licenses for the guns, etc.

guns aren't as easy to get a hold of as you think; even in my redneck state you can't TOUCH as much as a bow and arrow (let alone a gun) unless you're eighteen
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 07:05pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

they are not as easy as Michael Moore says
yes, the guns purchased for Columbine were bought legally.....oh yeah, he forgot to mention that Dylan and Eric didn't buy the guns because the guns couldn't legally be sold to them!!!!!

Eric and Dylan got the guns from some friends who were of age, took the test, got licenses for the guns, etc.

guns aren't as easy to get a hold of as you think; even in my redneck state you can't TOUCH as much as a bow and arrow (let alone a gun) unless you're eighteen
That wasnt terribly difficult, guns are easily available.
Register