Sexuality

AuthorMessage
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
June 25th, 2011 at 04:33pm
Rule 7: Please try to add something to the discussion, One lined sentences are merely statements of the obvious and do not help a debate progress.
thescreechingweasel
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
thescreechingweasel
January 8th, 2012 at 01:49am
well for me, i honestly dont even mind someone being gay. it doesnt affect me and im completely on board with gay rights and marriage. when talking to some hicks i learned theyre pretty fucking mean about someones sexuality. i mean this one guy i was talking to, he said "if my son was gay i would beat the shit out of him" and hes 12 i mean come on have some exceptance, i realize that alot of parents brainwash kids to think that gays are like sick pedos, but you can think for yourself.
Helenacorn
Idiot
Helenacorn
January 16th, 2012 at 02:01pm
I'm so for the gay rights thing. I think people who have thumbs down and just plain rude!! there's nothing wrong with being different! it's what makes you unique. you're born that way so don't judge others for their qualities! it's a beautiful thing!
MissJay
King For A Couple Of Days
MissJay
January 18th, 2012 at 10:48am
This may or may not seem pertanant, but I think that sexuality is prferance, as in if you saw 20 gel pens in differant shades of two colors, you may inexplicably enjoy more pens of one color than the other. Yet your still able to enjoy some shades of the other color too...i dunno if i'm making my point clear. People tend to like either guys or girls, one more than the other. But that DOESNT mean that they wouldnt like a select person or people that doesnt follow the pattern. Anyway, if you understood any of that, its my opinion
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 18th, 2012 at 10:56am

if you haven't watched this yet
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 20th, 2012 at 01:29am
The bad thing about the gay rights movement is that it follows the infamous 'next to us or against us' agenda. If anyone disapproves, they're quick in assuming people are being homophobic. I find it kinda disgusting.
I'm all up for equality, and by that I mean not give homosexuals any moral and legal rights over the rest, thus following the constitution(s) as a common citizen.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 20th, 2012 at 05:00am
But then.. wouldn't you be with them?
After all, that is what everyone should have. Not positive discrimination.

And if someone disaproved, wouldn't that automatically make them against their movement?
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 21st, 2012 at 09:14am
Yes, I think you get it... but let me reformulate my affirmative: a huge portion of the LGBT community turns to unnecessary victimism when things don't turn their way. If someone declares 'I don't support gay marriage' or anything like that, they soon throw a fit and a lot of people soon follow, calling that person 'square' or 'biased' or anything like that. That's what makes me disdain about the whole thing.

And it reached a point where pretty much every media outlet is forcing gay acceptance. You either watch it and like it or flounder in prejudices. And soon enough, any sort of homophobia will become a legal crime. I can't get my head around all of this.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 21st, 2012 at 09:49am
So gay people should just accept that they will be treated like a lesser person, once in a while, and not feel victimized?
Or are you saying everyone gets treated badly once in a while so get over it?

I'm not sure I get it, to me it sounds like you think homophobia is okay, sometimes?
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 21st, 2012 at 09:58am
No, homophobia is NOT good at all, as is any kind of prejudice.
What I don't like is how gays feel the need of self-affirmation at almost every time. Gays can and should be treated with respect, just as long as they don't throw fits and tantrums when they feel 'offended'. That's just childish. And that goes to any minority as well.
Comrade182
Comrade182
January 21st, 2012 at 10:27am
I think what he's trying to say is that, while everyone deserves equal rights, you can have the rights, but that doesn't mean you can always have everything your way.

For example, if someone who is openly gay doesn't get a job but a straight person did, the reason the other person got the job isn't (necessarily) because of his sexual orienation. There are, however, some gay people out there who will instantly say they didn't get the job because of their sexuality, when it could be for any number of reasons. They just play the 'homophobic card' in an attempt to get things their way.

On a bigger scale, it's like saying Gay people should be allowed to get 'married' but not in a church, if the religion of that church doesn't 'allow' same sex partnerships/marriages. That wouldn't be homophobic, it would, in my opinion, make sense in that it's a fiar compromise. You can't say you want equal rights, but at the same time try and walk over the rights and beliefs of other people, you have to find a fair compromise.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 21st, 2012 at 10:36am
Gary, you are a gentleman and a scholar. That's exactly what I meant.

I also believe homophobia still exists because some people give reason for it.
Comrade182
Comrade182
January 21st, 2012 at 10:43am
Chile D. Guy:
Gary, you are a gentleman and a scholar. That's exactly what I meant.

I also believe homophobia still exists because some people give reason for it.

You're welcome. Very Happy

I get what you mean, but there are obvious cases where people are just to ignorant/brain washed to be able to accept it.
I don't think there will be a time where it is universally accepted though, at least not in our life anyway (if at all, ever.) There's always going to be someone with some twisted sense of how things should be, but that's human nature and an entirely different arguement.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 21st, 2012 at 10:47am
Agreed. Actually, while there are 'strange' preferences over the 'norm', there will always be someone against it. This always happened since humans started thinking for themselves and it's so deeply enthralled in human nature that it is almost impossible to change it just because. We can, at least, be more tolerant but without being lenient against one or another.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 21st, 2012 at 11:15am
Oic then I get it.
Yeah, that stuff happens all the time, and I think a lot of insecure people, in general, do this thing. Like "oh there was a blonde person also being interviewed, they didn't pick me just because of my red hair, BIGOTED JERK" etc., and since "gay people" includes so many people, I suppose its easy to seek support from that big a group and not make it out to he their own fault for not being picked or being left out of something. Dno

Thing is, not everyone is as liberal as .. well, us, and I do think there still is a problem with discrimination.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2012 at 01:09am
I completely disagree with sexuality being a preference. I think homosexuality, heterosexuality and other orientations are something you're born with.
Comrade182
Comrade182
January 28th, 2012 at 05:52am
I think for the most part you are right, but I do also think that there are those who choose their sexuality or even ignore how they really feel/are (which is, in it's self, a choice). It could be for various reasons, like they feel it's 'wrong' to be one way or they think they have to live up to some image people have of them, or they just want to like who they want to like. (I'm not saying these are the only reasons, just listing some examples.)

So, while I agree most people are probably born into their sexuality, I also think there are those who do choose it as well.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 28th, 2012 at 09:18am
I read something about Cynthia Nixon (miranda from sex and the city) and her coming out as a lesbian. While she feels awesome with her girlfriend (wife?), she definitely sees it as a choice, not only because it came to her at a later point in life, but also because it would be disrespectful to all the men she's dated.. Dno

I'd link but I'm on my phone.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
January 28th, 2012 at 01:42pm
Comrade182:
I think for the most part you are right, but I do also think that there are those who choose their sexuality or even ignore how they really feel/are (which is, in it's self, a choice). It could be for various reasons, like they feel it's 'wrong' to be one way or they think they have to live up to some image people have of them, or they just want to like who they want to like. (I'm not saying these are the only reasons, just listing some examples.)

So, while I agree most people are probably born into their sexuality, I also think there are those who do choose it as well.

I still feel it's all or nothing. I think everyone is born into their sexuality. I also feel like that the ones who "choose" their lifestyle may in fact be the ones who just become aware of it and accept it.

Hope that makes sense.
Comrade182
Comrade182
January 28th, 2012 at 04:18pm
Deernt.:

I still feel it's all or nothing. I think everyone is born into their sexuality. I also feel like that the ones who "choose" their lifestyle may in fact be the ones who just become aware of it and accept it.

Hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, but what I was saying was while there are some who accept it, there are others who deny it and they suppress those feelings and force themselves to 'swing the other way', as it were.

Another example would be bi-sexuals, from the few I have known they tend to have a gender preference which would be (in a way) their sexuality choice. There are also those who are Anti-Sexual and believe that sex is an addiction and so they avoid it. Although this is generally more a choice to not have sexual intercoarse, there are some 'exetremists' (for lack of a better word) who think any sexual thoughts or feelings towards anyone are 'wrong'. Therefore choosing a 'non-sexuality'.

I think the only people truely born into their sexuality are asexuals, people who are born with no sexual attraction towards others. These people do not have a choice, as they do not feel sexually attracted towards anyone, they may prefer the company of one gender over another, but that would not define their sexuality as Homo/Bi/Hetreosexual. So while they might think someone it 'pretty' or 'good looking' it means something different to them as it would if it were said by someone who is not asexual.
Register