Which countries do you think have the worst leaders?

AuthorMessage
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 01:32pm
Skadansk:
I cannot believe people think that the U.S. has the worst leader.

Open your eyes, please.
iawtc
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 11:25am
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.
The thing about the U.S. is not only does Bush ruin it for his own people, he obliterates the lives of those in other countries as well, which is really none of his business as president of America and not ruler of the world. It certainly makes him a bad politician.

The whole worst leader thing is just too subjective to decide on. For instance, Hitler was a great leader. But, like Bush, a dreadful politician who went ruining the lives of others. I think Eddie Izzard did a sketch on something like this.

Of course, I'm going to say that Thailand has the worst leader(s), but then, only people inside Thailand would think that, whilst everyone else would be happy for us now that we don't have a military coup (which to be honest, we never had anyway). What boggles my mind is how the international world can somehow totally ignore the infinate, daily bombings we have. Seriously, I haven't seen one of our bombings reported on any international new channel since around November 2007.

Kenya is no better off, however slightly reversed. They are getting all the coverage and nobody is actually doing anything about it. My friends in Nairobi are telling me that it's not all that bad actually and that for many ex-pats, life in Nairobi is actually quite safe because they aren't involved in all the political humdrum.

This isn't always the case though sach as when I was living in Indonesia under the regime of Suharto. And here is another topic in which the media played an important role in undermining the situation. In the wake of his recent death, people have been struggling to find something respectable to say, and yet respectable things are being said, much to the disappointment of many ex-pats in or who used to live in Indonesia. Suharto made my childhood a hell. Yet people have been calling him a great leader.

Media bullshit. This is why I'm confused as to journalism is a good area of study, because either I'll join their politically and socially incorrect tirade or I'll try to show them who's boss.

...It's that time of the month, so I am more emotional than usual. So before I have a go at the new again, yes there are always good things about news stations and they are sometimes doing things for the greater good.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 04:33pm
Anji:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.
The thing about the U.S. is not only does Bush ruin it for his own people, he obliterates the lives of those in other countries as well, which is really none of his business and president of America and not ruler of the world. It certainly makes him a bad politician.

The whole worst leader thing is just too subjective to decide on. For instance, Hitler was a great leader. But, like Bush, a dreadful politician who went ruining the lives of others. I think Eddie Izzard did a sketch on something like this.

Of course, I'm going to say that Thailand has the worst leader(s), but then, only people inside Thailand would think that, whilst everyone else would be happy for us now that we don't have a military coup (which to be honest, we never had anyway). What boggles my mind is how the international world can somehow totally ignore the infinate, daily bombings we have. Seriously, I haven't seen one of our bombings reported on any international new channel since around November 2007.

Kenya is no better off, however slightly reversed. They are getting all the coverage and nobody is actually doing anything about it. My friends in Nairobi are telling me that it's not all that bad actually and that for many ex-pats, life in Nairobi is actually quite safe because they aren't involved in all the political humdrum.

This isn't always the case though sach as when I was living in Indonesia under the regime of Suharto. And here is another topic in which the media played an important role in undermining the situation. In the wake of his recent death, people have been struggling to find something respectable to say, and yet respectable things are being said, much to the disappointment of many ex-pats in or who used to live in Indonesia. Suharto made my childhood a hell. Yet people have been calling him a great leader.

Media bullshit. This is why I'm confused as to journalism is a good area of study, because either I'll join their politically and socially incorrect tirade or I'll try to show them who's boss.

...It's that time of the month, so I am more emotional than usual. So before I have a go at the new again, yes there are always good things about news stations and they are sometimes doing things for the greater good.
Don't worry about sounding too emotional!!! Every women goes through it!! Hey, u had some great points!!!
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
February 3rd, 2008 at 06:29pm
Skadansk:
Kurtni:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.

But Green Day said so Smile

And it shits me that, that is the only reason they hate Bush.
I really hope that's sarcasm... (its hard to tell in posts)
there are plenty of reasons to hate bush, it would be stupid to hate him just because some band does

but I think a lot of other countries have suck-ass leaders too
we have a harry potter wannabe(jan-peter balkenende), a total loser who wishes our country would go back in time when the VOC florished(?) (so that we can go back to enslaving people in other countries for our own benefit?? or what the fuck is he onConfused)

I think a lot of countries think their leader is the worst
but I really dont know enough about all the leaders in the world to pick the worst one...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 06:58pm
Skadansk:
Kurtni:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.

I know. It's sad. Coolio
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 06:59pm
Kurtni:
Skadansk:
Kurtni:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.

I know. It's sad. Coolio
I concur!!
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
February 3rd, 2008 at 07:01pm
DaschundPup2007:
Kurtni:
Skadansk:
Kurtni:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.

I know. It's sad. Coolio
I concur!!
i think the only reason they hate bush is because of the decisions bush is making
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
February 3rd, 2008 at 07:36pm
Anji:
Skadansk:

Open your eyes, please.
The thing about the U.S. is not only does Bush ruin it for his own people, he obliterates the lives of those in other countries as well, which is really none of his business and president of America and not ruler of the world. It certainly makes him a bad politician.

you have some really good points there
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 4th, 2008 at 03:58am
Lol. Thank you guys for appreciating what I have to say.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 4th, 2008 at 02:11pm
Anji:
I usually never reply to you because we agree.

Coolio unless it's one of the rare occasions we disagree, then we argue for pages and pages.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 5th, 2008 at 08:25am
Kurtni:
Anji:
I usually never reply to you because we agree.

Coolio unless it's one of the rare occasions we disagree, then we argue for pages and pages.
Hug Deb8ing buddies 4eva, yo!
freshavocado
Addict
freshavocado

Blog
February 5th, 2008 at 07:51pm
at least you agree on alot of things Very Happy
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
March 8th, 2008 at 02:20am
i would like to add my country on the list - Philippines

politics here is a crap! name the presidents - they are all the same.
they are all hopeless!

there are lots of things to say but it will only make me feel mad.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 03:10am
dirnt_caffeine:

they are all hopeless!

Lol. I totally agree with you. It's another case, though, of no one else really cares. Can I ask you where you live? Is it really that violent for foreigners or is it the media just making it seem bad. I was supposed to go to the Philippines but I cancelled at the last minute because everyone ditched me when they heard that there was quite a bit of violence against foreigners. And I didn't want to go alone, so I cancelled the trip, but it's not that bad is it?

My friend from Manila says it really isn't, but she's quite rich, from a well-to-do family and so she lives and goes to very secure places where not much can happen, but I want a different perspective.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 03:16am
I think that a more appropriate title for this thread is which country has the best government. I mean, we can spend all our time on hear naming countries left, right, and centre, but how many countries actually have a very decent government, where the majority of the population is happy?

I think Scandanavia has quite generally pleased people. There is a bit of contraversy here and there, but that's excepted. Same with Canada, Canadians are well fortunate, many don't appreciate it though.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 8th, 2008 at 03:26am
Anji:
I think that a more appropriate title for this thread is which country has the best government.
But it's so much more amusing to listen to everyone hate Bush like Gr33n Dai! Coolio
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
March 8th, 2008 at 10:49am
Anji:
dirnt_caffeine:

they are all hopeless!

Lol. I totally agree with you. It's another case, though, of no one else really cares. Can I ask you where you live? Is it really that violent for foreigners or is it the media just making it seem bad. I was supposed to go to the Philippines but I cancelled at the last minute because everyone ditched me when they heard that there was quite a bit of violence against foreigners. And I didn't want to go alone, so I cancelled the trip, but it's not that bad is it?

My friend from Manila says it really isn't, but she's quite rich, from a well-to-do family and so she lives and goes to very secure places where not much can happen, but I want a different perspective.

I'm from Manila too.
Well, violence is all over the world, we cant stop it. I must admit, there was bomb explosion, bomb threats, rally everywhere (now that a lot of Filipino wants our President to resign - just like what they did to the previous President.)

Anyway, the city where i live is peaceful i must say and I am working in Makati - the central business distric of manila (there are lots of foreigners there, both working and spending their vacation). Although there are some cases of violence in that city (mall bombings, Makati coup, rally and all that, i think we just all have to be careful and alert on the things that are happening around us.

I cant blame you and all the people who are scared of visiting Phils, i will definitely feel the same if i dont live in this country. But you just have to choose the right place to stay. Smile
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 10th, 2008 at 12:17pm
Yeah, well that's what I thought. It's similar to here in Thailand then, the level of violence I mean. I really want to visit though, I was going to go trekking on one of your volcanoes then spend a few days down on a beach on an island with some mates. It was going to be lovely. Molly Oh well, hope I get to come someday.
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
March 11th, 2008 at 11:49am
^ oh i hope you can come Smile but take your time, when you are ready. Smile
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2008 at 02:40pm
Anji:
I think that a more appropriate title for this thread is which country has the best government. I mean, we can spend all our time on hear naming countries left, right, and centre, but how many countries actually have a very decent government, where the majority of the population is happy?

I think Scandanavia has quite generally pleased people. There is a bit of contraversy here and there, but that's excepted. Same with Canada, Canadians are well fortunate, many don't appreciate it though.

I'm pretty happy with the British government tbh.

The electoral system is unfair, the executive is too powerful and parliament is full of arcane traditions. But still, it is the oldest democracy in the world (even though cynics say that it isn't that democratic) and it could be much, much worse.

The majority of the population is not happy with it, though. A considerable number of British people do not even vote, and anyway, its like some unwritten rule of Britishness that we whinge about the government constantly. However, we are virtually free to level whatever criticism, however harsh, at the government, and fear no repercussions. To me, that is a sign of a good government.
Register