If you could change the law

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 14th, 2005 at 02:59pm
READ THIS FIRST:
if you could change punishment for certain crimes what would it be?
I think that drug charges should be less severe
Boy George could be convicted for fifteen years for thirteen baggies of cocain http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1012052boy1.html
but this guys daughter almost died for eating his "special brownies", and he faces a mximum of three and a half years http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1011051pot1.html
I think that possesion isn't bad, Boy George has been doing drugs all his life for his purposes, and never harmed anyone, this dude almost killed his daughter, if it were my choice, George would be let go, and that dude would go to jail for fifty years (y'know selling pot gets you in jail for sixty, how come you leaving some out for your daughter gets you twenty times less?)

one more thing from TSG: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1007051school1.html
dude, if that can almost get you expelled, then I should twenty life sentences right now
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 14th, 2005 at 04:17pm
i agree w/ you ^^^ it does seem to severe I thik dealing or in the guys case almost killing your daughter is much worse than posession [sp?]
Kitti
Kitti
October 27th, 2005 at 03:47pm
yeah, that last one...nevermind that the whole thing turned out to be a dream in the end...
one of my french projects last year had a very morbid and ironic plot, it was ridiculous, it couldnt possibly happen, but my french teacher still had to give it to the counseling office.
And_you_say_im_crazy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
And_you_say_im_crazy
October 27th, 2005 at 04:32pm
if you kill someone on perpose you should be put up fo life.when ur caught with some drugs give them a fine and let em go.this country has a messed up system...... Wall Bonk supid adaults
franzi
franzi
October 27th, 2005 at 04:41pm
boy george is the shit and i dont think he should ever ever ever go to jail and that special brownies guy should..
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
October 27th, 2005 at 05:33pm
......All those who abuse children.......

.......should be....CASTRATED.....with a rusty cheese grater

H-F-P-R
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 27th, 2005 at 06:57pm
Yeah, posession of drugs is your own problem, if you sell them, it's worse. Besides, I think certain drugs should be legalized with an age limit.

Also, I think unintentional murder shouldn't be punished severely - I mean, if you decide they didn't intend to kill, why punish them like they did?
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 27th, 2005 at 11:16pm
its funny how u mentioned boy goerge and look at the top left corner of the screen. tre is looking a lot like boy george from the side profile there O_o
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
October 28th, 2005 at 06:00am
y'know, that does seem a little overboard.
esp. after the whole Schapelle (sp?) Corby case...
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
October 28th, 2005 at 10:45am
Hell, at the beginning of this topic it took me a minute to figure out that you were actually talking about Boy George, and weren't just making a play on Bush's name. ...Hey, it made sense to me.

If I could change a law? Hell, legalization of pot, yo! I don't smoke, but it always seemed rediculous how the US government can condone tobacco and liquor, but not like pot. They put arsenic in cigarettes! Freakin' poison, people! And kids are getting arrested for smoking flowers?! WTF, mate? We have to stop holding ourselves tro this double standard, that it's okay to slowly kill yourself like THIS and THIS, but not like THAT and THAT.

Plus, legalization and government regulation of pot would bring in so much more tax revenue. We could halve Boy George's deficit (yes, I will now be referring to him as such. I thank you, Nick, for the idea).

I can't think of another law I'd get rid of, other than just about all of the PATRIOT Act, but I'll come up with something.
Kitti
Kitti
October 28th, 2005 at 03:47pm
dirtyhippie:
Hell, at the beginning of this topic it took me a minute to figure out that you were actually talking about Boy George, and weren't just making a play on Bush's name. ...Hey, it made sense to me.

If I could change a law? Hell, legalization of pot, yo! I don't smoke, but it always seemed rediculous how the US government can condone tobacco and liquor, but not like pot. They put arsenic in cigarettes! Freakin' poison, people! And kids are getting arrested for smoking flowers?! WTF, mate? We have to stop holding ourselves tro this double standard, that it's okay to slowly kill yourself like THIS and THIS, but not like THAT and THAT.

Plus, legalization and government regulation of pot would bring in so much more tax revenue. We could halve Boy George's deficit (yes, I will now be referring to him as such. I thank you, Nick, for the idea).

I can't think of another law I'd get rid of, other than just about all of the PATRIOT Act, but I'll come up with something.

yeah, id have to agree with that. 90% of the people we know are stoners, so we're inclined to think that anyway...
Elegantly Wasted
Elegantly Wasted
October 29th, 2005 at 04:12am
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
......All those who abuse children.......

.......should be....CASTRATED.....with a rusty cheese grater

H-F-P-R

lmfao yes! i second that!
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 30th, 2005 at 05:02pm
Human rights issues. Health and Safety. People being able to sue people for little teeny weeny things.
It SICKENS me!
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
October 30th, 2005 at 06:33pm
That smoking weed and doing 'Magic' Mushrooms is legal. I do neither of them but it's ridiculous to outlaw natural things, especially mushrooms.

I would also abolish an age restriction on sex. It doesnt do anything anyway, and if someone of 14 or 15 gets pregnant, thats their problem.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 30th, 2005 at 08:58pm
*Like Light To The Flies*:

I would also abolish an age restriction on sex. It doesnt do anything anyway, and if someone of 14 or 15 gets pregnant, thats their problem.

Where is one?? Shocked
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
October 31st, 2005 at 04:06am
It's pretty messed up how someone can go to jail for using drugs on themselves for longer than someone can for leaving drugs around for other people.
It's more dangerous when they leave drugs where someone else can get them, so they should get a harsher punishment.
In theory it's a bit like drugdealing, without them getting a profit. So they should be punished like drugdealers.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2005 at 10:29am
This is just my opinion, but i think murder should hold a definate life sentance, with no parole (because if life really meant life, there would be no need for the death penalty)
Also i think sentances for Rape (especially of children) and Child Abuse should be increased.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 31st, 2005 at 02:35pm
Faith:
*Like Light To The Flies*:

Where is one?? Shocked

In Englan you have to be 16 to have sex. Apparently anyway, everyone justs seems to ignore it. Rolling Eyes
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
October 31st, 2005 at 04:19pm
That's pretty friggin' weird. Isn't it the parents' job to see that the kids aren't having sex, or are at least doing it responsibly? Boy, when you have to legislate parental responsibility, you know that someone isn't doing their job.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 31st, 2005 at 04:24pm
† Nine_Inch_Nails †:

In Englan you have to be 16 to have sex. Apparently anyway, everyone justs seems to ignore it. Rolling Eyes

Man, that's fucked, I think it's everyone's own business when they start having sex. That's a total disrespect of privacy, IMHO
Register