Creavitiy Drop In American Idiot?

AuthorMessage
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
October 20th, 2005 at 10:23pm
I do believe that Green Day has recently lost their creative touch. Eye make up with matching outfits and the same guitar riffs OVER and OVER..

I've loved them since i was a little girl though. I miss their raunchy, agressive, and meaningful stuff. I wish they would do a tour with only their old stuff. nothing after the year 2000..

IM SO GLAD THAT YOU GUYS ARE NOTICING. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT LIKE THIS IS A SEA OF TEENIE-BOPPERS. THANKS!
americanidiot:bush
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
americanidiot:bush
October 20th, 2005 at 10:25pm
In Between Dreams:
I do believe that Green Day has recently lost their creative touch. Eye make up with matching outfits and the same guitar riffs OVER and OVER..

I've loved them since i was a little girl though. I miss their raunchy, agressive, and meaningful stuff. I wish they would do a tour with only their old stuff. nothing after the year 2000..

IM SO GLAD THAT YOU GUYS ARE NOTICING. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT FELT LIKE THIS IS A SEA OF TEENIE-BOPPERS. THANKS!

Sea of teenie booperS!!!I 100% AGREE WITH YOU!!!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 20th, 2005 at 10:32pm
americanidiot:bush:
wtf,why does this thread have only 3 pages all of the sudden???
the other one got deleted because of spam and fighting.
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 12:07am
NeoSteph:
*WARNING* If there is anymore fighting or rudeness, your posts will not be the only thing we'll be deleting.

this user has made a valid thread, in which Dujo approves of, so i suggest you talk about the point this person has put across.

Have a nice day.

Twisted Evil hehe, what bazooka?

o, and i dont care, i love AI, along w/every other album they've ever done, actually, make that every song they've ever done
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 12:13am
In Between Dreams:

yeah, u do have a point, i do miss the old green day, and i actually never really took a minute to step back and think about that, like i noticed it too, but not really on a thought-processing level (hope u understand that Confused )

and i have to agree that the matching outfits have started to get old if u ask me, but i just love ppl who dont care what ppl think of them simply b/c of what they wear, and it just seems like gd is putting so much effort into how they look....well....just doesnt seem very gd

i realize that they've changed, they're not the gd they used to be, but still, TO ME it seems like they've changed part of who they are

i dont no, i cant seem to really get down what i'm thinking in words, hope i didnt confuse anyone to much!
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
October 21st, 2005 at 06:01am
some people think A.I. is crap, okay. but that in no way reflects reality. i think it rocks. again, that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece.
i don't see the point in discussing the whole 'old or new' thing over and over again coz at the end of the day it's just a whole bunch of opinions. if you don't like it, just don't fucking listen to it
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
October 21st, 2005 at 07:01am
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
.......a gift from me to you.....

'Coma' (click)

....the longer and heavier of the two...............true genius........the ending is immense

.....like what you hear?????.......buy Use Your Illusion I.........you won't be disappointed

...........'Estranged' coming tomorrow.....nap-time for me now

.....you need these songs in your life......

H-F-P-R

.........here it is.......

'Estranged'

..........from Use Your Illusion II........sadder and more sentimental than Coma
........but every bit as powerful..........

My point: both 9 mins+.........neither has a chorus...........both have different sections
.......compare to Jesus Of Suburbia.....

.....think about transitions...........lyrics.......melodies......vocals.......

...............maybe then you'll see........why I think JOS is such a weak song

H-F-P-R
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 6th, 2005 at 09:37pm
I like it. I think American Idiot is less repetitive than the first four albums.
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
November 6th, 2005 at 09:38pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
some people think A.I. is crap, okay. but that in no way reflects reality. i think it rocks. again, that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece.
i don't see the point in discussing the whole 'old or new' thing over and over again coz at the end of the day it's just a whole bunch of opinions. if you don't like it, just don't fucking listen to it

haha...well said.
i am amanda
Idiot
i am amanda

Mibba
November 6th, 2005 at 09:55pm
I dont think american is there best album, unlike a lot of people and magazines and shit like that do. Too much too soon sounds a lot like songs from warning. i was surprised. American idiot is a kick ass album, but not there best. i personally think
nimrod and kerplunk are there best
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
November 6th, 2005 at 10:00pm
I think people say it sucks because they think they are cool by saying that they love their old stuff and they think they are more of a Green Day fan. Personally I love American Idiot and I am not afraid to say it. Its not their best album but it does not suck
Masterbation lost its fun
Banned
November 6th, 2005 at 10:01pm
I personaly dont like the american idiot album its ok but what ever.. but over all i think there has been an over all drop in the Quality of music.
Banned
November 6th, 2005 at 10:05pm
RockNRollHighSchool:
I think people say it sucks because they think they are cool by saying that they love their old stuff and they think they are more of a Green Day fan. Personally I love American Idiot and I am not afraid to say it. Its not their best album but it does not suck

no...no... no
cant you people just deal with it that some people just dont like the god damn album? your acusing others of saying they dont like an album because they wana be "cool" or that they "can deny it but they know its a damn good album".... not trying to be mean but fucking deal with it some people just dont like the album
Tee
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Tee
November 6th, 2005 at 10:29pm
Masterbation lost its fun:
RockNRollHighSchool:

no...no... no
cant you people just deal with it that some people just dont like the god damn album? your acusing others of saying they dont like an album because they wana be "cool" or that they "can deny it but they know its a damn good album".... not trying to be mean but fucking deal with it some people just dont like the album

I think that's definitely part of what's going on, though. Sure, some people won't like it, and I can deal with that. But others are going to lie or pretend, and that's something that you have to deal with as well. People will be different from you. I think that RockNRollHighSchool has an excellent point. You hear one thing and think "That's cool, maybe I'll act like that to fit in!" There's these people saying "Green Day is the new trend," and "Their older stuff was better." Whether you want to or not, you're probably going to choose a stance. No matter how much you want to deny it, people will be able influence you, even if you're not aware of it. Generally people feel the need to justifty themselves, or their actions. So when you do hear that "Their older stuff was better," whoever said that was probably copying another's words. They may like AI better, but it's the new 'trend' to not like it. Get the point? It's human nature. People will always search for something to put down, or like, even if they don't necessarily believe in it, just so they can feel better about themselves. It makes them 'fit in.'

AI was a brilliant album.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 11th, 2005 at 06:25pm
I like American Idiot. And I think people would bitch about it a lot less if it hadn't sold 2473874837847 copies.
Lorelei
Geek
Lorelei
November 11th, 2005 at 06:51pm
I waited four years for a new Green Day album. Lets just say that when I finally heard it I couldn't listen to their old albums for awhile because AI made them sound like crap.

Granted, after a year of listening to it and it being shoved down our throats by the media, it can get old. But I think after it all dies down AI will live on to be a great record. Them being overexposed right now is overshadowing the quality of the music.

There is no way of knowing if American Idiot will stand the test of time. I think it will.
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
November 11th, 2005 at 06:53pm
only time will tell
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
November 11th, 2005 at 06:55pm
i think i've already posted here, but i'll just do it again anyway
i don't think there's a drop. no, i'm not a big fan of A.I., but i can't deny that it's good.
it's just... different. no, not using euphemism (sp?)
Rae.
Post Whore
Rae.
November 11th, 2005 at 06:56pm
RockNRollHighSchool:

Nicely said.
I do believe there are many, many people who may dislike it.
But I also think there are many, many people who are saying it because they think they look like a bigger Green Day fan.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
November 11th, 2005 at 07:00pm
I prefer the older stuff. American Idiot is just... meh.
Register