Graffiti/vandalism

AuthorMessage
franzi
Falling In Love With The Board
franzi
October 24th, 2005 at 03:02pm
ok. i dont think there is a topic on this already.. so.. what do you think about graffiti/vandalism and how does it effect you/your community?
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 24th, 2005 at 03:53pm
I like graffiti when people writes someones name in big letters and decorates it. There's on that says Dave that fills up a whole wall and it's a work of art. I think it looks beautiful. But I don't like graffiti when people just write things like "slut" or "Will has 1 ball." I don't really think it effects the community...well...I certainly don't care.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 24th, 2005 at 05:46pm
I think it also depend where people do it, for example there is a very old cinema where i live, which has amazing architecture, and some plonker had to ruin it by spraying his name down the side of it, it was very good but completely out of place.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
October 24th, 2005 at 07:40pm
There isn't much around here. (Graffitti.)
There's a lot in the JOS vid, isn't there?
Mmmhuh.
Anyway. Graffitti, I don't mind. Big deal, some kids got bored and painted big nice bright stuff on the wall.
But vandalism?
Mmmm.
If it's like someone's car then it's fucking pointless and I hate it. That is damage to someone else's property. But like to a building or something...
None of it really affects me.
brainstew_girl
Geek
brainstew_girl
October 24th, 2005 at 08:08pm
I love graffitie, looking at it is looking at someones art, i think it's amazing how people spend time to do it. I think it looks amazing. I would love to be able to do half the stuff graffitie artists do. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked Shocked Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Radiobaghdad
Geek
Radiobaghdad
October 24th, 2005 at 08:24pm
yah.. Graffiti are great art.. not a lot of ppl realise it! sometimes it's really awesome things but when it's just written something like "Mary and Bobby were here in 1997" than it'S vandalism
mikeluvva
Geek
mikeluvva
October 24th, 2005 at 08:36pm
i do graffiti alot and my art teacher said i had an talent for it. i dont think so cus i was just bored in my detention but meh.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 24th, 2005 at 08:50pm
i couldnt care less about it.
franzi
franzi
October 25th, 2005 at 11:39am
mikeluvva:
i do graffiti alot and my art teacher said i had an talent for it. i dont think so cus i was just bored in my detention but meh.

do you just sketch? or are you a bomber? as in out on the streets
Charlie!
Charlie!
October 25th, 2005 at 12:29pm
Well in my village it's rare to see any graffiti, not even up the park. But in the city you get in the subway. The council got companies/youth groups/schools etc. to do paintings under there and some idiots just spray painted their names all over them and now it's awful. I think that's terrible when someones spent so long painting something really nice and people go and ruin it.
They should just make a place where people can go and graffiti all they want...
franzi
franzi
October 25th, 2005 at 01:33pm
yah. thats a great idea.. but you have to take into consideration that most people do it because of the rush you get when you know its illegal..
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
October 25th, 2005 at 02:19pm
.....One man's vandalism.........is another man's masterpiece.......

H-F-P-R
Ilse
Ilse
October 25th, 2005 at 03:14pm
There isn't muchyou can do about it except put up security cameras to stop the dirty bastards who did it.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 25th, 2005 at 04:16pm
I love graffiti..like I've said before..but not if it's just random words like slut written on the wall and doesn't look like art. I think vandalism is wrong. Most people do it to people's property who they don't know. That person might be really nice. But, if someone does it to someone else because of revenge or something like that or if the person deserved it because they were an asshole...then they get my approval. Very Happy
Amy.
Amy.
October 25th, 2005 at 11:08pm
I love some graffiti, but only the artisic stuff. Plain cruddy vandalism graffiti is crap
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
October 26th, 2005 at 05:14am
Anything you do to someone elses property that "ruins" it without their consent is vandalism. I hate disrespect for others property. Hate it. It bugs the hell out of me.

In the right place, however, grafitti is a great art. Really beautiful, and it makes a statement. Its a fantastic culture, and it can really change under-priviledged kids lives. Purposeful grafitti walls are excellent. Tags which an old man has to clean off his fence are not.

Theres some cool pieces in the Tate Modern, and Berlin has awesome grafitti. Although its still vandalism.

I also really like grafitti from stencils.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
October 26th, 2005 at 08:37am
i like most graffitti. it looks really beautiful and makes communities look nice. just the graffitti with dumb messages fuck things up.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
October 26th, 2005 at 08:48am
*Blue Star*:
I like graffiti when people writes someones name in big letters and decorates it. There's on that says Dave that fills up a whole wall and it's a work of art. I think it looks beautiful. But I don't like graffiti when people just write things like "slut" or "Will has 1 ball." I don't really think it effects the community...well...I certainly don't care.
i couldn't agree more...i love the kinda graffiti where it's just a person expressing their creative side in a way that society just doesn't appreciate...
but yeah, i don't see the point of fucking up someone's property just to inform the world that 'jo was ere' -_-
dejected-star
Geek
dejected-star
October 26th, 2005 at 10:03am
it dosent really effect my comunity but it effects the suburbs....of the big cities around columbus...
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 26th, 2005 at 10:44am
PunkPixie:
I love some graffiti, but only the artisic stuff. Plain cruddy vandalism graffiti is crap

I agree.
Register