Matty.
May 19th, 2006 at 07:22am
it looks good but there is a time and place for it
blah blah blah
Idiot
blah blah blah
May 19th, 2006 at 09:47am
franzi:
ok. i dont think there is a topic on this already.. so.. what do you think about graffiti/vandalism and how does it effect you/your community?

im in a school of all blacks (im not racist its just wierd being 1 of 5 white girls lmfao) but theres alot of gang shit like "CK" or BK"
its gettin on my nerves none of these motha fuckin pussys are crips or bloods and they pretend to be!
Especially when you live in Green Valley Ranch, a suburbian, clean neighborhood Rolling Eyes
blah blah blah
Idiot
blah blah blah
May 19th, 2006 at 09:48am
Saiyan:

*claps* *claps*
well put Smile
Tyler
King For A Couple Of Days
Tyler
May 20th, 2006 at 12:11am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You don't see anything wrong with defacing someone elses property, so can I come over and write all over your room and destroy your posters?

IMO, there is a HUGE differnce between Graffiti (as art) and meaningless vandalism. Like, just writing "Fuck" or "___ Was Here!" on something is pretty lame and stupid, but graffitti is (to me at least) a form of art.
Matty.
Matty.
May 20th, 2006 at 12:38am
Redundant Girl:
Saiyan:

*claps* *claps*
well put Smile

Thnx Very Happy
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2006 at 12:48am
Tyler:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You don't see anything wrong with defacing someone elses property, so can I come over and write all over your room and destroy your posters?

IMO, there is a HUGE differnce between Graffiti (as art) and meaningless vandalism. Like, just writing "Fuck" or "___ Was Here!" on something is pretty lame and stupid, but graffitti is (to me at least) a form of art.
Ok, reguardless of what you draw or write, it isn't your's to draw on, which makes it vandalism. If it isnt yours, don't touch it.Simple Motto.
C_J_
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
C_J_
June 15th, 2006 at 01:43pm
Yea graffiti is great. Graffiti is a sign of rebelion, but tags like i love jake is stupid, it just takes up space a real graffiti artist could use to write wicked sweet letters, so yea i approve grafitti
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2006 at 01:53pm
RAGE N KEGS:
Yea graffiti is great. Graffiti is a sign of rebelion, but tags like i love jake is stupid, it just takes up space a real graffiti artist could use to write wicked sweet letters, so yea i approve grafitti
It's rude and disrespectful. It isnt yours to destory and you shouldnt touch it,
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 01:55pm
RAGE N KEGS:

graffiti is great you say, well would you want some ass hole to come along and vandal your mum or dads grave, with the upside down cross or somthing like that, because thats rebeliion
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
June 18th, 2006 at 07:42am
There's LOADS of graffiti where I live. It's a shame, because people keep cleaning it up, but then the next day there'll be new stuff there!

I mean, it doesn't even look good! If people did graffiti which wasn't just their names, but perhaps a stencilled picture, then that wouldn't be as bad.

Why don't they just...I dunno... Draw it in a sketch book or something?!?

In fact, they shouldn't be damamging other people's property at all. If they wanna draw, they should find their own space to do it.
rock_n'_roll_girlfriend
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
rock_n'_roll_girlfriend
June 18th, 2006 at 12:50pm
If it looks nice and isn't too out of place, it's absolutely fine. There's a street just near my city centre that has a lot of wooden boards up due to reconstruction and demolition, and people have spraypainted it, and it looks really nice. But when you just see random words it sucks.

Ok, I admit i still like that kinda graffiti cuz you get some cool gossip...even though it could be waaaay outdated...

Ooo! Tia luvz Jake who?! Razz
tillia58
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
tillia58

Mibba
June 18th, 2006 at 05:30pm
I think the rlly artistic graffiti looks awesum and i rlly wish i knew how to do it it must take sum skill but jst random scribbles can ruin a place there isnt rlly any arty graffiti wer i live but theres alot of things like 'james waz ere 2k6' everywer and it just looks stupid we rlly need sum proper graffiti artists round here to brighten up sum of our duller walls
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 27th, 2006 at 02:18am
I love graffiti as long as its not abusive. i think it shows peoples personalitys and its a nice way to express yourself. Vandalism well its hmm i cant really say how i feel well here ill try vandalism of someones personal private property I dont think is right but vandalism of public stuffs okay like school or building sites its just sorta a way to get anger out of your system ... selfish i know but everyone has there flaws (except Mike, Tre, Bj) and its fun too you know our opinions dont get voiced these days so i guess we'll just wreck a bunch of stuff yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 27th, 2006 at 08:38am
Dictionary.com:
graf·fi·to
n. pl. graf·fi·ti

A drawing or inscription made on a wall or other surface, usually so as to be seen by the public. Often used in the plural.
--------
n : a rude decoration inscribed on rocks or walls

You guys do all realize that graffiti IS vandalism, right?

Dictionary.com:
van·dal·ism n.
Willful or malicious destruction of public or private property.

You're all talking about graffiti on public buildings. Your parents pay the taxes to remove that. That's not just "oooooh public property" or government-owned buildings and land, that belongs to an entire community, and every person in that community pays for its upkeep.

ART is a great way to express yourself. Many communities offer mural programs so if you really feel the need to paint on a wall you can do so. There's an overpass on a road out of my town that was always covered in graffiti. The town hired a guy to paint hot air balloons on it. The paint's peeling a bit now, but it looked great when he finished.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
June 29th, 2006 at 03:22am
theres an example of art graffiti that is the type of graffiti
i like and im used to seeing
Sarah.
Sarah.
August 16th, 2006 at 11:10pm
I think graffiti looks cool but some people just get carried away with it, also I think it's a bit disrespectful when guys spray paint penis' and stupid stuff like that because it's just immature and it's not pleasent to look at either.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
August 26th, 2006 at 10:31pm
i dont mind Graffiti in public places like in underpasses and stuff i think its interesting to look at some people actually paint pretty stuff. but on cars and stuff is bad beacuase its someones personal properdy. vandalism, however is horrable why whould you want to go breaking stuff for no reason? its pointless
gasp.
Geek
gasp.

Mibba
September 28th, 2006 at 09:37pm
some graffiti is very creative. Ill admit im a bit of a graffitier. I draw and write me and my friends tags everywhere. It has got me a bit more popular in my school with people from my year coming up to me saying hey can you draw something on my school book so i do and i get alot of credit for it no matter how simple i draw it
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 3rd, 2006 at 04:02pm
i like it but in my area there is almost none
stupid suburbs
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
November 4th, 2006 at 06:52pm
I don't mind graffiti. I use to love the graffiti round Belfast, because it meant something like this little beauty:

I'm pretty proud of the graffiti, it's part of Belfast. And it feels like a huge part of Irish history is on those walls. I can't imagine those walls being bare, it just seems wrong.
Register