ADHD

AuthorMessage
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
Geek
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
December 13th, 2005 at 03:07pm
I was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago. A piece of advice for the youngsters here: Stay off of Ritalin. It does more damage than good. There are alternatives out there.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
December 14th, 2005 at 11:56am
I know a guy and he tried everything and ritalin wont work for him either
I feel really sorry for his little brother who get's beaten up by him almost every day
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
December 15th, 2005 at 04:59am
I don't even know what ADHD is. Is it just a worse form of ADD?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 15th, 2005 at 05:53am
Pretty Like Drugs:
I don't even know what ADHD is. Is it just a worse form of ADD?

attention deficite hyperactivity disorder.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 15th, 2005 at 05:54am
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk:
I was diagnosed with ADHD many years ago. A piece of advice for the youngsters here: Stay off of Ritalin. It does more damage than good. There are alternatives out there.

My sons on a form of Ritalin and he is doing really well with it, So a piece of advice to you is you shoudnt tell youngsters to stay of the ritalin becuse all because you have had a bad time with it, it doesnt meen that others will.
toxic_tears
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
toxic_tears
December 15th, 2005 at 01:02pm
Lollapaloozer.:
Waking The Fallen:
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:
x[Nine_Inch_Nails]x:
mikeluvva:
he was 2 when he died but his life was full of happy memories for me so when i think of him i feel happy.

......you had a kid when you were what.....12????????

...................fucking hell...

H-F-P-R

11 I think.

........Thanx Nails.......math always seems to fail me.....

11.............is that physically possible???

H-F-P-R

Apparently so...
Well, I suppose if she's a girl who hits "that time" earlier than most girls, then she's ready to have a baby. But, most 11 year olds aren't ready at that time. There's a girl in my grade (9th) who left school for a while to have a baby. Well, it's rumored, and she hasn't denied it yet. But, for all I know, it might not be true.

(By the way, mikeluvva, I'm 14. Are you still 13? Or are you 14 now?)

my mum was 9, but at any age, this girl in my old school had a hormonal problem or something and was 5, and my cousin was raped when she was 12 (i think she still is cuz it was a few months ago) anyway she had 2 have "the morning after pill" so theres not really a specific[sp?] time.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 7th, 2006 at 02:34pm
excuse me but this is a chat about ADHD not about when girls have they're periods. PLease peeps get back on topic with this one, thx!
youbrokemy<3
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
youbrokemy<3

Mibba
August 14th, 2006 at 02:13pm
Well, I have A.D.D. Which is very similar to A.D.H.D. I don't take Ritalin, I take Adderall which is also a drug that is being used as narcotics. I find that it really helps me concentrate and stuff. I've been taking it for 9 years and my grades improve when I'm on it because my mind doesn't wander. I don't know if it will help will with AD/HD but it helped me.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 14th, 2006 at 03:49pm
my brother got diagnosed with adhd a couple of weeks ago. hes been put on ritalin but although its calming him down hes getting more violent.. like scratching people (ive got loads of cuts on my arms and wrists which have bled a bit) does anyone know what to do?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 14th, 2006 at 04:18pm
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:
my brother got diagnosed with adhd a couple of weeks ago. hes been put on ritalin but although its calming him down hes getting more violent.. like scratching people (ive got loads of cuts on my arms and wrists which have bled a bit) does anyone know what to do?

yes my son did the same when he first went on the medication try talking to hid Dr, and see if the dose is correct, the dose may not be high enough or even low enough. But dont let him get away with it, my son uses his condition has an excuse and they are not allowed to do it because they will get away with it even more.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 15th, 2006 at 05:55am
Lucifers Angel:
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:

yes my son did the same when he first went on the medication try talking to hid Dr, and see if the dose is correct, the dose may not be high enough or even low enough. But dont let him get away with it, my son uses his condition has an excuse and they are not allowed to do it because they will get away with it even more.

thanks for the help. Im sure hes got his doctors appointment soon. i think ill talk to my mum and see if i can go along with them to have a word.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 15th, 2006 at 04:16pm
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:
Lucifers Angel:
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:

thanks for the help. Im sure hes got his doctors appointment soon. i think ill talk to my mum and see if i can go along with them to have a word.

yeah but remember that the Dr is specilay(SP) in these matters and he does know what he is talking about, can i ask you, does your brother sleep at all, my youngets son has about 3 hours sleep a night and he is on the go all day, and i am exhausted
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 15th, 2006 at 09:37pm
My dad has that. I have ADD. I know that's different, but it's similar. I hate that my dad that it. It's sucks for all of us.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 16th, 2006 at 07:19am
Lucifers Angel:
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:
Lucifers Angel:
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:

yeah but remember that the Dr is specilay(SP) in these matters and he does know what he is talking about, can i ask you, does your brother sleep at all, my youngets son has about 3 hours sleep a night and he is on the go all day, and i am exhausted

he sleeps ok most nights i think...
Sarah.
Sarah.
August 18th, 2006 at 12:14am
No offense to anyoone who really has ADD or ADHD but has anyone else noticed that its becoming a trend to have one of those? My friend thinks its so cool that she has it [altough she hasn't been tested for it] and she uses it as an excuse for everything, I've seen other people do that too which I think is just wrong...
We Are 138
Geek
We Are 138

Mibba
August 18th, 2006 at 09:33am
I have a friend who has ADHD. He's just been excluded from his third school and is now in a home for children with learning difficulties. His Mum had the choice to put him on medication but she's against that sort of thing.
I have something kind of similar, and my parents also decided not to use medication. I went to a unit one day a week until I was ten, which really helped and ment I could stay in a mainstream school. All I'm saying is differnt things work for different people.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
August 18th, 2006 at 10:44am

...call me old-fashioned....but I don't think any kid is mature enough to make that kind of decision.....

.......and at the age of 11.....you're lucky if she'd even hit puberty......

.................good story......seems a bit far-fetched to me.......

....yeah........I'm a cynical bitch.....

H-F-P-R

Hi, yeah, that's not the debate here, and I think maybe you should be careful what you say. I mean, that could be very offensive.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
August 18th, 2006 at 10:54am
Waiting <3:
Hi, yeah, that's not the debate here, and I think maybe you should be careful what you say. I mean, that could be very offensive.

Mmkay, that was written on the 5th of November 2005, so that was quite a while ago.. we have since then, came back on topic.

And I know people who have done something similar, (that is, on the internet, pretended things that aren't real) and I know people who would. So you never actually know.

On Topic now, I don't actually know anyone with ADHD. At least.. I don't think I do. I guess I'm lucky in that sense, like, I don't have to have a sibiling with ADHD, which, from what I've read in this thread, seems quite hard to cope with.

To Johnny Is My Anti Drug: So, is she just saying that she has it? She really may not have it at all, you never know until you've been tested for it, you know? So as you said, its become a trend, and she's labelled herself that, she doesn't know for sure.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 19th, 2006 at 10:24am
Coff:
Waiting <3:

Mmkay, that was written on the 5th of November 2005, so that was quite a while ago.. we have since then, came back on topic.

And I know people who have done something similar, (that is, on the internet, pretended things that aren't real) and I know people who would. So you never actually know.

On Topic now, I don't actually know anyone with ADHD. At least.. I don't think I do. I guess I'm lucky in that sense, like, I don't have to have a sibiling with ADHD, which, from what I've read in this thread, seems quite hard to cope with.

To Johnny Is My Anti Drug: So, is she just saying that she has it? She really may not have it at all, you never know until you've been tested for it, you know? So as you said, its become a trend, and she's labelled herself that, she doesn't know for sure.

the dr will do a score chart and then he/she will write to the school and get a report from them you dont go to a dr one day and have them put you on the medication straight away, it can somtimes take months to get the help you need, and yes you are right it is difficult to have a sibling with ADHD i have 2 children with it and 1 child who hasnt got any eflictions (unless you can call moodynes an ilness) and it is the most demanding thing i ahve ever done and it takes all your concentration, i am thinking about quiting my job to be with thme 27/4, but we should never forget how hard it is for the child who has the condition to cope with it.

and the drugs issue, they dont always help sometimes you ahve to change diets and change schools i am a firm believer of not sending ADHD children to school away from home it doesnt always help them and it doesnt always help the family.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 19th, 2006 at 03:27pm
we had to do that score sheet... my bro got either 68 or 78
Register