Ana/Mia websites

AuthorMessage
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 20th, 2007 at 05:39am
Definately wasn't sarcastic.
Had all the thinspiration on there...How to starve yourself...
and
It was written by a 13 year old...
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 05:43am
lmfao...save grocery bills.

That's just sick. I'd love to lose 30 pounds, but not through starvation. And yes, we NEED food. You can only last 2 and a half weeks without food. My camp counselor told me that when we were doing a "trapped-in-a-cave-without-anything" excericise.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 20th, 2007 at 05:45am
http://www.freewebs.com/iwannabelikeana/thinspiration.htm
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 20th, 2007 at 08:53am
+_Pledged_+:
http://www.freewebs.com/iwannabelikeana/thinspiration.htm
She has a BMI calculator on there and: You must remember that even though you are trying to lose as much weight as possible you must always strive to stay healthy. Most importantly I beg you all to keep healthy. My wish is not to DIE. I want to live and be envied. I want to be happy and well but also thin and beautiful. A happy medium, right. If you look sick, it encourages people to worry unnecessarily and tempt you to eat then you put on weight and become unhappy. When fasting you have to be careful. You have the power for RAPID weight loss that can be safe if you do it sensibly. Please also remember that breaking the fast is just as important to be done properly. has some twisted thinking. She knows ana/mia is sick, tells people that others have died, but wants to stay healthy.
I'd say her priorities are just wrong.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 09:54am
I haven't had a proper BMI test done, but I think my body is...off. Judging by the rough ones with the weight and height, anyway.
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
February 21st, 2007 at 09:51am
I hate those sites. People who are on that site.. are just so sick. They are crazy.
Anorexia is a disease, not a lifestyle.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 21st, 2007 at 10:17am
They're not "crazy." But you're right. They are sick. They believe that what they're doing is right. Whatever's around them, whatever is influencing them has made them believe that one must strive to be thin, no matter what. And that has become their lifestyle. It's not a healthy one and even though they know that, they still want to be skinny. It takes therapy, I suppose.

But now it's easier for anorexics and bulimics to continue what they're doing because even if they don't get Ana/Mia support locally (which they really shouldn't), they can get it through the internet. And that's what makes these sites especially dangerous.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 21st, 2007 at 11:24am
I dont know much about it, but i guess its more of a lifestyle and a train of thought influenced by something.
And that can be so hard to break...
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
February 21st, 2007 at 11:40am
I don't think they're sick. I think they're informative, but idk you can kill me now Coffee
Mother Teresa
Idiot
Mother Teresa
February 21st, 2007 at 01:40pm
orly.
Mother Teresa
Idiot
Mother Teresa
February 21st, 2007 at 01:43pm
tehe: speak bitches
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 21st, 2007 at 01:59pm
Siánosaurus:
I don't think they're sick. I think they're informative, but idk you can kill me now Coffee
Informative? How?
Maybe im just not into the whole eating disorder-thing like you are, but "You don't need food" is not informative fact-wise.
Sure, theyre hella informative when it comes to how you distract yourself from eating and how not to eat for so and so long time..
But really, anyone would look so much better if they just took the time to - if they really felt that fat - to find a diet and exercise, and not just one of those yoyo-diets where you go from wanting to lose weight to losing weight and then gaining weight. Make it a lifestyle to eat healthy if you really dont like your body...
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 21st, 2007 at 06:25pm
SAINTâ„¢:

my parents always like to mention how overweight i am.[/spam]

those thin commandments could be someone just joking but idk, where did you find them? a 'proper' Rolling Eyes ana/mia website?
It's pretty easy to make ana/mia a parody. All you have to do is make stuff up. If I wanted to I could create a huge "thinspiration" list, and I wouldn't have to be serious about it.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 22nd, 2007 at 03:44am
Walk In The Sun:
Informative? How?
Maybe im just not into the whole eating disorder-thing like you are, but "You don't need food" is not informative fact-wise.
Sure, theyre hella informative when it comes to how you distract yourself from eating and how not to eat for so and so long time..
But really, anyone would look so much better if they just took the time to - if they really felt that fat - to find a diet and exercise, and not just one of those yoyo-diets where you go from wanting to lose weight to losing weight and then gaining weight. Make it a lifestyle to eat healthy if you really dont like your body...

Firstly, don't ever say that again. That's rude, condecending, uncalled for, and unacceptable. Do you understand?

Secondly, it's obvious that you haven't read these websites. They are informative. Just because they are aimed at people who suffer from an eating disprder doesn't mean you can't take a thing or two from it.

You think they just think "Oh I'll stop eating" and stop eating? You think that the other people on there support them by saying "You're making the right choice" ?

Not in any way.

If anyone comes on there are are like "I want to lose 15 pounds by july, can I have tips on how to do it?", they are told to go away. The people who suffer from an eating disorder tell them to go away, and not to come on if they don't already have an eating disorder, because they don't want them to fall into that trap.

People who are recovering are told to stay away as well, because obviously it can trigger it. They're not crazy, or stupid. They just got sucked into something they can't stop.

They tell you the calories and other values in food. They tell you the foods that have minus calories. They do have good tips for healthy eating sometimes. If you took time to read through the sites you'd see that they really are informative.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
February 22nd, 2007 at 04:39am
lyrical_mess:
They're not "crazy." But you're right. They are sick. They believe that what they're doing is right. Whatever's around them, whatever is influencing them has made them believe that one must strive to be thin, no matter what. And that has become their lifestyle. It's not a healthy one and even though they know that, they still want to be skinny. It takes therapy, I suppose.

But now it's easier for anorexics and bulimics to continue what they're doing because even if they don't get Ana/Mia support locally (which they really shouldn't), they can get it through the internet. And that's what makes these sites especially dangerous.

define 'crazy'.
anorexia is a mental disorder as well as a physical one really. so if you define crazy as having a mental disorder, maybe thay could be.
okay im going to stop spamming now
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 22nd, 2007 at 08:40am
anti-christ of suburbia:
lyrical_mess:

define 'crazy'.
anorexia is a mental disorder as well as a physical one really. so if you define crazy as having a mental disorder, maybe thay could be.
okay im going to stop spamming now
What? So autistic people or people with down syndrome are 'crazy'? Having a mental disorder doesn't mean you're crazy. But harming you're body does. Whether it's a good kind of crazy, or a bad kind of crazy is up to you.

Just clarifying.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 22nd, 2007 at 05:38pm
Coff:

Firstly, don't ever say that again. That's rude, condecending, uncalled for, and unacceptable. Do you understand?

Secondly, it's obvious that you haven't read these websites. They are informative. Just because they are aimed at people who suffer from an eating disprder doesn't mean you can't take a thing or two from it.

You think they just think "Oh I'll stop eating" and stop eating? You think that the other people on there support them by saying "You're making the right choice" ?

Not in any way.

If anyone comes on there are are like "I want to lose 15 pounds by july, can I have tips on how to do it?", they are told to go away. The people who suffer from an eating disorder tell them to go away, and not to come on if they don't already have an eating disorder, because they don't want them to fall into that trap.

People who are recovering are told to stay away as well, because obviously it can trigger it. They're not crazy, or stupid. They just got sucked into something they can't stop.

They tell you the calories and other values in food. They tell you the foods that have minus calories. They do have good tips for healthy eating sometimes. If you took time to read through the sites you'd see that they really are informative.
First, sorry for saying that. I was quite upset at the point, and i never mean to offend anyone, ever.

Secondly, no, i dont read those sites. Because it might be irrational, but i fear that if i start reading them, i will start thinking like that. I did read one website, because there was a link for it one one of the pages. It was very un-detailed and had like, one page with the thinspiration-pictures, then one site where there were distractions of how not to eat. It wasnt a society, it was more like a reading-website, where you read tips and stuff. It wasnt a place to chat and get support. So maybe i was stupid to even get into it, since i have close to no info on most of it. So ill be leaving this discussion, because it affects me too much.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
February 23rd, 2007 at 11:50am
Walk In The Sun:
First, sorry for saying that. I was quite upset at the point, and i never mean to offend anyone, ever.

Secondly, no, i dont read those sites. Because it might be irrational, but i fear that if i start reading them, i will start thinking like that. I did read one website, because there was a link for it one one of the pages. It was very un-detailed and had like, one page with the thinspiration-pictures, then one site where there were distractions of how not to eat. It wasnt a society, it was more like a reading-website, where you read tips and stuff. It wasnt a place to chat and get support. So maybe i was stupid to even get into it, since i have close to no info on most of it. So ill be leaving this discussion, because it affects me too much.

On one of the ones I used to, or go on, they have loads of pages. Thinspiration is the one of the biggest pages and there are tips to egg you on or support you. There's also a chat room, and I think they're opening a forum.
peeingchicken
Geek
peeingchicken
March 21st, 2007 at 08:18am
ewwww the websites disturb me.deeply.i just searched took one look and almost threw up.thats wacko
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
March 21st, 2007 at 04:18pm
However twisted they may be, you have to argue that those websites can be informative. Apart from the serious ana/mia stuff, they have a lot of information on topics like nutrition and exercise.

Pro-Ana Nation:
Tip: Sneaking Exercise
Get fit or fit everything else in? Getting in shape takes time. Think you don't have it? Think again! Try these tips to sneak weight loss exercise into your daily routine:
- Park farther away and walk
- Household chores provide terrific fitness exersice as you lift, stretch and tone
Etc.
Just to show; they have a lot of things you'd expect to find on any dieting/fitness website, which can actually be quite helpful.

peeingchicken:
i just searched took one look and almost threw up
irony, perhaps?
Register