Ana/Mia websites

AuthorMessage
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 20th, 2007 at 12:56am
Personally, I like guys that could actually protect me if I was in a fight with someone.

&I bet that if those guys lived with an anorexic they would hate it.
Plus.. honestly wouldn't it be rather uncomfortable to fuck a bag of bones?

o.o
Nellie Lovett.
Geek
Nellie Lovett.

Blog
January 20th, 2007 at 02:03am
Chandramukhi.:
Look at this:

LuccaDucati :
Extremely skinny isn't healthy... extremely fat isn't healthy neither.
But there's a big (!) difference:

Skinny is beautiful and sexy, while fat is disgusting.

In my opinion a beautiful woman is a very skinny, boney woman. And believe me: I'm not the only male thinking this way!

Yes, you can call me a 100% PRO ANA fanatic.

And that's my, OUR right!

aladdin:
hell yeah, skinny chicks are hot

______

no one's denying that skinny girls are pretty. I'd like to be skinny. I have a pretty face and I think more people would notice it if I wasn't so huge. But this guy says he has a right to be 100% Pro Ana. What. The. Fuck. He has a right to support anorexia if he's ever even had anorexia. I bet you, if he had a severely anorexic girlfriend, he would not be like that at all. He'd hate it from watching her suffer.

What if all the girls go around saying "skinny guys are hotz lol"? What if girls supported guys becoming anorexic? Actually, there's a fair amount of anorexic guys...

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

woah. very skinny, boney women have no boobs and ass. I just guess those guys Mom's didn't raise them properly.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
January 21st, 2007 at 09:29am
from a young age society teaches us that skinny is beautiful, so we try and be like that. its a mental thing. the drive to be 'beautiful' and the peer pressure to conform to the current idea of beauty drives people to the extremes.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 21st, 2007 at 11:21am
anti-christ of suburbia:
from a young age society teaches us that skinny is beautiful, so we try and be like that. its a mental thing. the drive to be 'beautiful' and the peer pressure to conform to the current idea of beauty drives people to the extremes.
Actually, it depends on which 'society' you're from.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2007 at 01:53pm
I have some comics here that are extremely relevant. They're Luann, which happens to be my favorite comic ever.

Society is changin'...
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 22nd, 2007 at 04:25am
anti-christ of suburbia:

true, very true.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 22nd, 2007 at 08:53am
SAINTâ„¢:
anti-christ of suburbia:

true, very true.
Some tribes in Africa, women strive to be fattest. But it's the same idea, pressure.
Nellie Lovett.
Geek
Nellie Lovett.

Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 12:14am
pressure is the real killer.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 24th, 2007 at 12:36am
But that's the thing, these girls don't feel like they're under pressure. They think they're doing something right and healthy. They know that they have a disease, but they think it's a good thing. I found a post from someone saying "Okay, as long as you're not joinging to tell us we're doing something wrong, that's fine."

See?
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
February 4th, 2007 at 04:46pm
I dont see how killing yourself is doing any good... and IT IS killing yourself
i watched a facinating program on BBC3 called child annorexics or something like that... and i recognised of of my friends from ages ago on there and was relieved to see that she ended up doing really well and i hated it that she was told off for eating pasta 2 days in a row even though it had completely differnt dressings and stuff when at least she was eating!
i think treatment needs a balenced mixuture of harsh realities *in some cases more than others* as in you WILL die. no doubt about it if you continue. and gentle encoragement cos i knew one of the girls personally and i knew she had the power to get over it she just had to want to.... switch her mind to controlling her diet in good ways not starving herself... and i would have been devastated if she'd died from it cos she's an amazing person...

right now ive been getting skinnier and i actually dont like it.. my allready thin arms are getting like sticks and i hate it ... i dont wanna b fat but i dont wanna b thin at the same time.. its such a fine balance and it needs to b sorted rationally not in some sick twisted competitions of who can die of starvation first... i just read on one of the sites that someone was offline "for a bit" and everyone was wishing her well... yet nobody seemed to get that she is dying! and they all are... i mean we are all dying realy but so slowly its not really a big deal at all but an average human can live only 3 days without food or something and not eating will kill you.... personally i'd rather b a little bit overweight than dead.
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
February 15th, 2007 at 09:01pm
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.:
I don't know if anyone's heard, but there's these sick websites that promote anorexia, with two people called ANA and MIA (ANArexia ; buluMIA) who pretend to love you and give you "thinspiration" and use pictures of fat people to say "this is what you'll look like if you eat". and stuff.

It's really sick, and if you search on yahoo!, you'll find hundreds of the pro ANA/MIA websites, including Xangas etc.

One sufferer's Xanga records her daily intake, and on the latest entry, all she ate was some popcorn. Someone then comments and says "too bad about the popcorn, you'll do better tomorrow."

They also have little slogans like "thinner is the winner!" and it's also become sorta like a religion, with ANA/MIA bracelets and prayers to the god ANA asking her to make them thinner.

Anyone else think this is beyond sick?

It's pretty horrible. I mean everyone's beautiful right? Whether it's inside or out or both. I know I'm not at the best weight right now, but I really don't care. Of course if I weighed 100 pounds overweight, then I'd care. I'm not even going to search. Who knows? I could get addicted to it.
do_da_da
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
do_da_da
February 15th, 2007 at 10:21pm
These websites are just scary. I recently lost a bit of weight and my parents are freaking out. The doctor said the amount I lost was disturbing, which oh yah, that so makes me feel better. And than my parents basicly accused me of being anorexic. Yah, that really made me feel great. My BMI is fine and I haven't gone on any bizare diets so I don't really see whats wrong.
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 06:01pm
Goes to show you just how much outer image is valued in modern culture. I mean, who cares if girls (and some guys) are puking their meals out every day or starving themselves? As long as we meet society's expectations, then who cares about our means of gaining that "Ultimate Body"?

And it varies, country to country, but as some other people said, it's the idea of how influential peer pressure can be. Because people can be cruel. I mean, people who aren't so attractive are treated differently compared to those who are. And many people are teased of it, I find that pretty sad. So it's no wonder that so many people are reducing to eating disorders to find a way to better themselves, because all they want is acceptance.

Sometimes, I get like that too. I'm really worried about my apperance because I used to be teased a lot back in elementary school. It continued in sixth grade, in my new middle school, because I was breaking out and the person who cut my hair fucked it up, and I was in a new school with only ONE friend from my old one. My weight's 148 pounds, and even though it's muscle, as I've been told, I constantly worry about my image and constantly fret over whether people are judging me by the minute. So, in a way, I can relate to those type of people. For those who haven't been teased, it REALLY damages you in some way. I have trouble trusting people and getting to know new people now.

Anorexics and bulemics... that's what happens when pressure gets to you.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 18th, 2007 at 09:08pm
A really interesting book on Bulimia/Anorexia is Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia by Marya Hornbacher. She is bulimic from age 9 on, and discusses the influences around her and her state of mind at that time. It's a really intense book and is a well written account on her [eating] disorders.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 19th, 2007 at 05:16am
I think people find.. comfort in those kinds of websites.

Obviously you all don't, but for people who are anorexic or bulimic, it.. I don't know. I think it makes them feel at ease a little bit.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "Okay, as long as you're not joining to tell us we're doing something wrong, that's fine." think of it this way, I know not all of you like Green Day anymore, but say you do, a lot. It's something you truly believe in with all your heart. And then someone comes and says "Eurgh that's wrong that's stupid, you're so stupid, go listen to better music", completly putting down your views, opinions, something you care so much about.

It's basically the same thing.

I even hate it when my friends goes "oh my god they're so skinny they're like anorexic". It's because she sees the word anorexic as a way to describe thin people, and it shits me right up the wall. She doesn't get it that people really suffer and it's a terrible thing o.o
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 19th, 2007 at 06:41am
the thin commandments
1.if you arent thin, you arent attractive
2.being tin is more important then being healthy
3.you must buy big clothes, cut your hair, take laxatives, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look skinnier
4.thou shall not eat without feeling guilty
5.thou shall not eat fattening foods without punishing oneself afterwoods
6.thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly
7. what the scale says is the most important thing
8.losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad
9.you can never be too thin
10.being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success

ew.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 19th, 2007 at 08:06am
Reasons not to eat

1) You will be FAT if you eat today. Just put it off one more day

2)You don't NEED food!

3)You'll look prettier!

4)Fat people can't fit everywhere

5)Guys will be able to pick you up, without struggling

6)You'll be able to run faster, since you won't have all that extra fat!

7)People will remeber you as 'that beautiful thin girl' instead of 'that ugly bag o' fat'

CoolGuys will want to get to know you, instead of laughing at you, and walking away

9)If somone had to describe you, they'd say "oh, she weighs like 100 lbs"

10)Starving is an exllent example of will power

11)People will be able to see your beautiful bones

12) If you eat, you'll look like those discusting, fat trailer trash hookers on Jerry Springer

11)Which talk show would you rather be on? "Help me! my child is Anorexic!" or "Dear God! somebody please take food away from my obese cow of a child!"

12)Bones are clean and pure. Fat is dirty, and hangs on you like a discusting parasite

13)The models that every claims are beautiful, the spitting image of perfection, are any of them fat? NO

14)Only fat people are attracted to other fat people. Do you want pigs to like you because you're one of them???

15)You'll be underweight aka the perfect body

16)Too many people in america are obese. Be independent!

17)People who eat are selfish and unrealistic

1CoolFat people are so huge, yet people look away from them as if they don't exist. The only time sombody does notice a fat person, is if they're blocking a view.

19)Is food more important that happiness in life? i think not!

20)Anyone can have 'inner beauty' but few can earn real beauty inside as well as out

21)Only thin people are graceful

22)Eating is conforming to everyone elses expectations

23)Food is mean and sneaky. It tricks you into eating it and it works on you form the inside out, making you FAT, UGLY, BLOATED, and UNHAPPY!

24)If you slap a fat person, you can see shockwave ripples over their skin. Thats just nasty!

25)Do you want people to say "For the love of god! Get off me! You're crushing me! I can't Breathe!" or "Wow! You're so light"

26)Thin people look good in all clothes

27)Fat people die earlier

2CoolBallerina? or Beanbag?

29)Do you want to walk in the snow, and leave no footprints, or leave gigantic foot holes, small children can fall into and not get out?

30)Ana sounds so much nicer that fatso

31)'Starving Anorexic Girl' or 'Ugly mingling FAT girl'?

32)Starve off the parts you don't need. They're ugly and drag you down.

33)Nothing can't be fixed with hunger and weight loss

34)3 syllables Cell-U-Lite!

35)2 syllables Stretch - Marks

36)3 syllables Per-Fec-Tion

37)Saying "No thanks" to food is saying "Yes please" to thin

3CoolHave you ever seen a person NOT noticing a walking skeleton?

39)Thin is in

40)Starving=Control! i like control!

41)When you're fat, its like your invisible. People pretend your not there!

42)Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

43)When you start getting dizzy and weak, you're ALMOST there!

44)Everybody else will be envious

45)All the guys will want you!

46)You can become a supermodel or an actress!

47)Think as Anorexia as your secret weapon

4CoolThe word 'fat' will only be used in a sarcastic way!

49)You won't look at pictures of models and celebs, wishing you were their size. You'll be thinner than them!

50)You will feel more confident and happy

51)You will look perfect on the outside

52)Fat is a lazy, slobby, greedy and unintellegent person. Thin is an intellegent, eager person, who is in control!

53)You'll save money on grocery bills

54)You'll have extra time that would have been wasted on food/cooking/eating/cleaning your plates

55)You'll feel more energenic!

56)You'll finally be able to wear that bikini and be proud

57)People will congradulate you on how much you've lost!

5CoolYou Will turn heads!

59)You'll use less soap in the shower and save money

60)People won't think "what a fat cow" when they see you

61)People will stare in awe at you when your at the gym, instead of "eww, look at all her fat jiggle"

62)Skinny people get better jobs

63)Fat people don't get leads in plays

64)Starving WORKS! diets don't!

65)Do you want to be the fattest person when you walk into a store? Or do you want to be the person the fattest person in the store is looking at when they eat their donut?

66)Do you want to look like those people on the discovery channel that have morbid obesity?

67)Do you want your skin to look like its going to burst from all the fat its holding?

!!!!!:@
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 10:20am
I only agree with numbers four and ten.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
February 19th, 2007 at 05:22pm
^ For the list thing, where did you find it? It sounded sarcastic, no offense. i've found a few sarcastic ana/mia sites where they just make fun of them.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 03:39am
do_da_da:
These websites are just scary. I recently lost a bit of weight and my parents are freaking out. The doctor said the amount I lost was disturbing, which oh yah, that so makes me feel better. And than my parents basicly accused me of being anorexic. Yah, that really made me feel great. My BMI is fine and I haven't gone on any bizare diets so I don't really see whats wrong.

my parents always like to mention how overweight i am.[/spam]

those thin commandments could be someone just joking but idk, where did you find them? a 'proper' Rolling Eyes ana/mia website?
Register