Swearing

AuthorMessage
Dancing In The Dark
Geek
Dancing In The Dark
November 1st, 2006 at 02:48pm
I don't mind swearing in songs, but it annoys me when people use it alot when they talk.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 2nd, 2006 at 05:38am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Anji:
Uneccessary swearing bothers me a lot. I hate when people do that. Like every other word or so. Extreme annoyance.
True. I swear sometimes, but not like all the time. Thats just stupid Rolling Eyes
Or an attention plea. Or just insanity sometimes. Cassie
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
November 2nd, 2006 at 05:47am
when i am angey i swear a lot buit i dont get angry a lot now so i dont swear all the time.
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 6th, 2006 at 07:51pm
i swear constantly
it doesn't help that im usually very pissed off at tons of people
the crucible.
Idiot
the crucible.
November 11th, 2006 at 12:18pm
Faith:
I think it's all about knowing the limits. I wouldn't swear around people who are offended by it, but among those who I know don't mind it, I swear, if I concised that appropriate.
I think Alanis Morissette said something like "Profanity is merely an expression of one's feelings", and I fully agree with that.
Of course, senseless swearing like "Dude, you like fucking don't fucking get it!" is kinda pathetic in my opinion, but if you're just trying to make a description sound more powerful or you're just expressing your irritation, that's fine with me.

Of course, it kinda sucks to hear 5-year-olds swear, and it makes sense that it's censored out on TV. But I think profanity helps people blow the steam and relieve the stess. So, honestly, if I had a 16-year-old child, I'd rather hear them swear than see them fight.

Exactly! I like swearing because they really are only words to me, but I will not go over the top. I only swear in front of my parents, my friends, and people who I know don't mind it. I think it's ridiculous when people make a big deal out of it when they are used to hearing it, but if it's old people or people who were brought up to think that profane language is obscene I can understand it.

I can say fuck at liberty, but I cannot say c*** without feeling uncomfortable. I don't say it to any of my friends or anyone.

Once I got detention for saying damn and I still seethe about it....it was completely OTT.
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
November 11th, 2006 at 08:15pm
I'm fine with swearing, the only swear words I hate (Well, one of them isn't a swear word but still) are Goddamn or Jesus Christ. I just can't stand that.
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
November 11th, 2006 at 10:12pm
I am in no way offended by swearing.
It's just a way to express yourseld. I don't get offended or anything. I swear when I want to even if I'm not mad and stuff.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 12th, 2006 at 07:40am
GD Addicts Anonymous:
I'm fine with swearing, the only swear words I hate (Well, one of them isn't a swear word but still) are Goddamn or Jesus Christ. I just can't stand that.

than you'd HATE me Shifty

i have no problem with swearing ^^ that either, maybe because i'm not big into religion.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 12th, 2006 at 08:10am
Viva La Stupid:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

i have no problem with swearing ^^ that either, maybe because i'm not big into religion.
I dont think that is swearing, only if you say fuck God or something like that. I say Jesus Christ all the time.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 12th, 2006 at 08:30am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Viva La Stupid:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

I dont think that is swearing, only if you say fuck God or something like that. I say Jesus Christ all the time.

i don't consider it swearinf either, but its using 'the lord's name in vain' (correct form of vain?) so it offends people
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 12th, 2006 at 08:36am
Viva La Stupid:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Viva La Stupid:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

i don't consider it swearinf either, but its using 'the lord's name in vain' (correct form of vain?) so it offends people
I know. I think there are worse things then that.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 12th, 2006 at 08:37am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Viva La Stupid:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Viva La Stupid:
GD Addicts Anonymous:

I know. I think there are worse things then that.

same
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
November 14th, 2006 at 02:33pm
I think swearing is overrated. It's only a word which everyone deems is bad. They wouldn't be bad if people didn't think they were bad. Swearing is definitely becoming mroe common now. The only curse words I never use are Dyke, Cunt and Whore. Never have, never will. I just don't feel comfortable saying them.

Meanwhile I say fuck, shit, crap, damn, bitch freely and all the time XD
pamplemousse
Idiot
pamplemousse
November 15th, 2006 at 01:11am
The Fool On The Hill:
I think swearing is overrated. It's only a word which everyone deems is bad. They wouldn't be bad if people didn't think they were bad. Swearing is definitely becoming mroe common now. The only curse words I never use are Dyke, Cunt and Whore. Never have, never will. I just don't feel comfortable saying them.

Meanwhile I say fuck, shit, crap, damn, bitch freely and all the time XD

Yessir.

Although it never crossed my mind to use dyke at all.
I would never say cunt or fag.
I do say whore, however.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
November 15th, 2006 at 09:30am
i'm trying not to swear anymore but it's not that easy (at least for me) Molly
i keep saying "go to hell" a lot and "fucked up" and i don't think it's something i should be proud of.me or anyone else.
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
December 4th, 2006 at 09:37pm
I have mixed feelings on it.

Like, I swear when I'm really angry.

I feel that it gets my point across, you know?

Otherwise, I don't.

Some of my close friends and mah boyfriend are good Christians and they don't swear.

So I don't.

I know that's changing myself for other people.

I also know they're just words, but swearing IS a bad habbit.

tehe
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 11:01am
In songs, it doesn't bother me. But when people are going around like, "Look, it's a fucking bug." That's sorta stupid I think. I cuss, but I mostly use shit hell or damn. But it's not like I go around saying, "Damn! My fucking shoe got dirty."

But yeah, describing things doesn't bother me too much. But to an extent. And if it's about someone, I'm not exactly sure I wanna hear it.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2006 at 11:12am
I swear too much. My bad. I use (or have used) nearly all of them.

'Cept like...dyke and any racial shit.

Well...I have used the word dyke. It's part of a town here :- Coatdyke. So...yeah.

Swearing is overrated. It's just letters. Casual swearing I don't mind but using it offensively is not nice dammit.

Like saying "You're a fucking douchebag."

...I don't see what's so insulting. I don't really care. Y'know?

Like the word bastard, some people have called me a bastard. The funny thing is, I am a bastard. No dad.

I use the word 'whore' and 'bastard' in my poetry a lot. I just think that they fit. I don't use others because it looks messy.

I think that if you start using swearwords more...productively then they lose all meaning.

Yeah...made no sense.
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
December 5th, 2006 at 01:26pm
I scream fuck if I walk into things. And shit. I playfully insult people, but I don't swear anything racial or directly insulting, unless someone's really upset me. I hate the word cunt, dyke, and for some reason, I hate bitch as well.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 03:35pm
Well, bitch is a really crude word.
Register