Foo Fighters

AuthorMessage
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
March 3rd, 2009 at 04:06pm
Color Me Impressed:
Janie Jones:
I totally read part of that article wrong and ended up going "Hawkins is expecting his second child with... frontman Dave Grohl?" Laughing hey, stranger things have happened with those two.

I'm okay, mostly wishing I could hibernate through the rest of senior year, but attempting to deal. Razz It has been WAY too long, like, since about Christmas. But hockey just ended so now I have way too much free time on my hands again, wooo. How's your life been?
HAHAHA lmfao Too funny. tehe

Life's been good, short of stressing about school and starting to seriously think about college. I keep thinking I'm a senior since I'm in mostly senior classes, but then realizing that I'm not. Rolling Eyes

tehe It wouldn't surprise me. Although a child raised by those two would be kind of terrifying.

Oooh, do you have any specific colleges in mind yet? I love knowing about these things tehe
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 4th, 2009 at 05:49pm
HIIIIII! I love you all.

A Dave and Taylor child would be glorious Bcause they're amazing and beautiful people when they want to.
HAHA Taylor has a big mouth. He let the world know that Dave was having a kid the first time and now he's doing this. He's such a cutie Smile

Midget Maroo! I wanna know where you're going to college.
Kristy where are you think of going to college?
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 4th, 2009 at 05:57pm
I love you too! Very Happy Dave and Taylor's child would be the most adorable little spaz in the history of the world. It would grow up swearing like a sailor, too Up

I WANNA KNOW TOO, DAMMIT. I find out this month. By April 1, anyway. *dies repeatedly*
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 4th, 2009 at 09:27pm
Wow, it's almost disturbing, but I too am awwing at the cuteness of this Dave/Taylor child. tehe Daylor? Tave? Who cares, the kid would be damn cute.

Annie, where did you apply?

I unofficially visited NYU last month, there's not much of a campus and the dorms look so run-down. I'm visiting Drexel next because they have my major and are just a train ride away.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 5th, 2009 at 05:41pm
The kid would be ADORABLE. Though I'd hate to ever have to babysit it.

I applied to: Northwestern, NYU, Boston U, George Washington, Columbia, Emerson, and Pitt. Already into Pitt, don't want to go there. See, I don't mind that there isn't much of a campus, really, I kind of figure, who needs a campus when you have NEW YORK. It's a completely different college experience, though. Which might be why I'm leaning more towards Northwestern right now.

I have a friend who might go to Drexel, I think, and I know another girl who's already there. What were you thinking of majoring in again? I think you told me, something music-related, but I don't recall.
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
March 7th, 2009 at 12:07pm
Color Me Impressed:
Psychedelic Sheep:
Okay I guess I'm going to officially leave this thread as now I hate the Foos.

Bye all.
Wow. Did Dave Grohl kill your family or something? Wtf. Shocked

Yeah Dave came round and shot my family, but left me for some reason. :'(

No, really, I discovered classic rock and realised that all the bands I used to listen to (Foo Fighters, Muse, Feeder etc) I didn't like anymore. Plus all their songs sound the same now.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 10th, 2009 at 12:43pm
I love classic rock and while I admit I haven't been listening to the Foos as much as I used to, I still love them. But it's all good. What classic rock have you been listening to? I realy want to get myself into Classic Rock more.
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
March 10th, 2009 at 08:26pm
Oh I listen to loads, usually I just listen to the Planet Rock radio station which plays loads of stuff.

I'll copy my facebook music list...

10 Years After, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Alice In Chains, Audioslave, Bad Company, Black Sabbath, Cream, The Cult, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dire Straits, Faith No More, Free, Guns 'n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Love/Hate, Magnum, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Soundgarden, Thunder, Whitesnake, The Who and then theres probably more that I forget. Theres also random songs I like by random bands which I haven't put here. But Planet Rock is good, go listen sometime.

oh and I have a last.fm where I go to check out new genres that aren't classic rock... like goth rock and industrial and stuff. So my last.fm doesn't accurately reflect my music taste.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 12th, 2009 at 07:38pm
Haha, my last.fm is pretty much not reflective of anything right now, because my iTunes is on my desktop and the desktop's so slow that I am never, ever on it.

Yeah, I think I'll always love the Foos - obviously I don't listen to them nonstop anymore but there are still a bunch of their songs on my Favorites of All Time list, and they just mean a lot to me for a lot of different reasons.

Also, if anybody's interested, I'm officially accepted to NYU Very Happy
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 12th, 2009 at 09:37pm
AHHHH CONGRATS MIDGET MAROO!!!! WE CAN BE CITY BUDDIES WHEN I GO TO GRAD SCHOOL. Hehehe. That's awesome though it's a great school. Is that your first choice?
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 12th, 2009 at 10:06pm
AAAAH YAY!!! Where are you planning on going to grad school? And it's not my first choice, exactly, but it's so close with Northwestern...they're kind of like 1a and 1b, really. It's just going to come down to whether or not I get into Northwestern, I think.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
March 14th, 2009 at 01:44am
I haven't actually thought about specifics at all yet lol but I just think I want to do my 20s in the city and then like late 30s/40s go back to the country or some shit like that.

I believe in you Midget maroo you can get in where you desire Smile but yay!
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
March 14th, 2009 at 06:03pm
I tend to listen to the radio and not my own music so the stuff never gets scrobbled on the last.fm.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 17th, 2009 at 02:58pm
Yay! Congrats on NYU!!! That would be cool if we ended up at the same school but I don't think I can get in. Chicago's got an awesome music scene though, I mean, it's responible for Liz Phair and Wilco and High Fidelity (not a band, but still :p).
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 18th, 2009 at 04:49pm
Thanks! Very Happy I want my life to be like High Fidelity, honestly. And I keep meaning to look into Wilco.
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
March 19th, 2009 at 06:39am
I don't so much WANT my life to turn out like High Fidelity, as I KNOW it inevitably will. Razz

I'll PM you some Wilco sometime. Shifty
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
March 19th, 2009 at 06:15pm
Color Me Impressed:
I don't so much WANT my life to turn out like High Fidelity, as I KNOW it inevitably will. Razz

I'll PM you some Wilco sometime. Shifty

Hahah, that's probably true for me too. I feel like my life will be incomplete if I don't work in a record store at some point.

ooh, thanks. you so shiftyyyy. XD
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
April 14th, 2009 at 02:23pm
I'm really just wondering, why hasn't this thread been closed (since it is way over the post limit) ?
High Fidelity
High Fidelity
April 27th, 2009 at 04:44pm
Psychedelic Sheep:
I'm really just wondering, why hasn't this thread been closed (since it is way over the post limit) ?
I don't think they do that anymore, even with the chat threads. I may be wrong since I'm not around here as much. I think we need a Foo subforum Razz
Psychedelic Sheep
Jackass
Psychedelic Sheep
April 27th, 2009 at 05:10pm
Color Me Impressed:
Psychedelic Sheep:
I don't think they do that anymore, even with the chat threads. I may be wrong since I'm not around here as much. I think we need a Foo subforum Razz

Indeed. That would be cool. But not many people post here now. It's all died down a heck of a lot.
Register