Political music

AuthorMessage
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 24th, 2006 at 11:06pm
Hail thank you finally

oh and your ava owns
i know seriously, are we really suppoused to care about this dumb shit? maybe later but not now.
and YOU try to be president. its not that easy and as you guys said, he did graduate from Yale, so how could he possibly be dumb? what he says doent always tell his intelligence, or other peoples.

and you you know how you guys are all about opinons? well, how about his? i mean it was his opinion to go into war (along wit the congress) yet you guys are always like ZzOmFg hEzz sOoh dUm fO gOiNzz iNtOoh WaRRR!!!!!11111oneone hes human like everyone else he has his own opinions and his arent any different than anyolne elses Rolling Eyes
and also about this whole 'gay marriage' buisness i dont mind it, but he does. yet because you disagree with him you just have to freak out. i dont know what his religious belifs are but thats probably what he belives in. thats his own belif, and you should respect that.

and yes there are bands thathave been singing about this. and theyve been doing it in a better manner instead of calling bush 'president gasman' i mean SOAD even won an award for this kinda stuff; look here

are green day (along with other bands only singing about politics because its the 'in thing') winning awards for it? nope.
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
May 25th, 2006 at 04:03pm
That's with the most people today. If a thing isn't on MTV or any other TV station like that, they don't know that it even exist. Mainstream, you know. There's many polical rap, punk is mostly rebel-ish, against the authority(that includes politics) and other genre of music.
The bands that aren't afraid of saying what they think.
Maybe for that they don't sell millions of copies, Aren't in a interview every fucking day, and you can't hear them on the radio, but they are here.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 25th, 2006 at 05:14pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
I think it's pretty stupid. All these kids who are saying they hate Bush so much should know what they're talking about before they say it. I'm not a huge Bush fan, but I don't hate him. He's better than some presidents we've had, like Bill Clinton, and I'm tired of everyone blaming him or any other president for everything that goes wrong in the United States. I mean, give the guy a break. It's this huge trend now to hate Bush and it's annoying because half the people have no reason to, but it will fade eventually.

OMG! THANK YOU!!! I totally agree, only I like Bush a lot. But I don't he is the best president ever either. But he is better Clinton!

I'm so glad you posted this! It's makes me soooo much happier.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 25th, 2006 at 05:19pm
Don't You Touch My Belt!:
Hail thank you finally

oh and your ava owns
i know seriously, are we really suppoused to care about this dumb shit? maybe later but not now.
and YOU try to be president. its not that easy and as you guys said, he did graduate from Yale, so how could he possibly be dumb? what he says doent always tell his intelligence, or other peoples.

and you you know how you guys are all about opinons? well, how about his? i mean it was his opinion to go into war (along wit the congress) yet you guys are always like ZzOmFg hEzz sOoh dUm fO gOiNzz iNtOoh WaRRR!!!!!11111oneone hes human like everyone else he has his own opinions and his arent any different than anyolne elses Rolling Eyes
and also about this whole 'gay marriage' buisness i dont mind it, but he does. yet because you disagree with him you just have to freak out. i dont know what his religious belifs are but thats probably what he belives in. thats his own belif, and you should respect that.

and yes there are bands thathave been singing about this. and theyve been doing it in a better manner instead of calling bush 'president gasman' i mean SOAD even won an award for this kinda stuff; look here

are green day (along with other bands only singing about politics because its the 'in thing') winning awards for it? nope.

I agree on almost everything you said. Thank God I'm not the only one on here that will stay for Bush.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 25th, 2006 at 05:20pm
TreCoolFluffedMyGarfield:
Hail thank you finally

oh and your ava owns

I agree on almost everything you said. Thank God I'm not the only one on here that will stay for Bush.
im glad yuou agree and im amazed that i caould actually say something like that. Laughing
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 25th, 2006 at 05:27pm
TreCoolFluffedMyGarfield:
Hail thank you finally

oh and your ava owns

im glad yuou agree and im amazed that i caould actually say something like that. Laughing

I know this is stupid, but you made my day so much better. I was getting to angry about politics, but now I'm feeling better.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 25th, 2006 at 05:29pm
Now, please. This thread just got real bad.

first, Belt, you need to stop. Now. Don't preach about respecting people's opnions and then cut down every anti-war argument with ad-hominem 1337 speak attacks. First, nobody talks that way on SD. The worst we have to offer is bad spelling and grammar. And besides, respecting opinions has nothing to do with agreeing, or not "freaking out" as you say. Sometimes, opinions that lead to discriminatory laws need to be opposed. Sometimes, opinions that get thousands upon thousands of people killed need to be opposed. Take some leaves out of your own freakin' book.

Garfield and another freakin' billie name...it's a "trend" to hate Bush? i'll go along with that to a point, but stop generalizing. There are a vast amount of teenies out there who hate Bush cuz their favorite bands hate him too, but how can you say that all of them are following a trend? There are extremely informed, opinionated teens out there. Many of them have congregated here. Know why? Because they like Green Day, but have opinions they can back up with fact. And how the HELL can you guys say that bands are just following a trend? Again, a generalization. One that has very little that you can prove, even.

And i'm not even going to get into the Clinton comment, Gar. I think you're wrong, but that has nothing to do with political music...
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 25th, 2006 at 05:39pm
dirtyhippie:

first, Belt, you need to stop. Now. Don't preach about respecting people's opnions and then cut down every anti-war argument with ad-hominem 1337 speak attacks. First, nobody talks that way on SD. The worst we have to offer is bad spelling and grammar. And besides, respecting opinions has nothing to do with agreeing, or not "freaking out" as you say. Sometimes, opinions that lead to discriminatory laws need to be opposed. Sometimes, opinions that get thousands upon thousands of people killed need to be opposed. Take some leaves out of your own freakin' book.

Garfield and another freakin' billie name...it's a "trend" to hate Bush? i'll go along with that to a point, but stop generalizing. There are a vast amount of teenies out there who hate Bush cuz their favorite bands hate him too, but how can you say that all of them are following a trend? There are extremely informed, opinionated teens out there. Many of them have congregated here. Know why? Because they like Green Day, but have opinions they can back up with fact. And how the HELL can you guys say that bands are just following a trend? Again, a generalization. One that has very little that you can prove, even.

And i'm not even going to get into the Clinton comment, Gar. I think you're wrong, but that has nothing to do with political music...

I like Green Day, but I don't hate Bush. Green Day could never change my mind. Maybe something else, but never in a million years could Green Day change my mind. Also I do have facts to back up my opinions. I watched and read the news everyday. I'm totally aware to what happens in the world. And about the trend thing with bands, I didn't necessary agree with that, I said I agreed with almost everything that she said.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 25th, 2006 at 09:47pm
dirtyhippie:

lmfaox1000 that you called me 'Belt'
anyways...
no, i never said that people on this forum talk like this, but alot of people do in generaland i never said if they respect the fact that its their opinions that they had to agree with it Rolling Eyes i just said basically because he is the presiednt and he makes a desicion that you dont agree on you guys dont have to only critisize him it was also other govermental people that decided it yet everyone acts like the war was all his fault.yeah those people being killed is a called a war, but you probably already know that. but seriously what would you do if you were the president? one day some peopel from the middle east hijack two planes and crash them into two huge towers full of people killing tohusands and injuring more are you just gonna let them get away with it? i mean seriously? and this whole war wasnt to kill a bunch of people it was also to get Saddam captured and not allaowing him to kill,rape (women) and tourture his own people oh what an horribLe desicion. not.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 28th, 2006 at 03:40pm
Gar: Thanks for clarifying. As long as you back up your arguments, you're included in the informed, opinionated teens I spoke of. Good show, chap. And I didn't really know what you agreed with on that post...but now I know. So there we go, there's my positive part of the post. NOW:
lmfaox1000 that you called me 'Belt'
anyways...
no, i never said that people on this forum talk like this, but alot of people do in generaland i never said if they respect the fact that its their opinions that they had to agree with it Rolling Eyes i just said basically because he is the presiednt and he makes a desicion that you dont agree on you guys dont have to only critisize him it was also other govermental people that decided it yet everyone acts like the war was all his fault.yeah those people being killed is a called a war, but you probably already know that. but seriously what would you do if you were the president? one day some peopel from the middle east hijack two planes and crash them into two huge towers full of people killing tohusands and injuring more are you just gonna let them get away with it? i mean seriously? and this whole war wasnt to kill a bunch of people it was also to get Saddam captured and not allaowing him to kill,rape (women) and tourture his own people oh what an horribLe desicion. not.

First, be nice. No yellow on a white background. It took me at least three minutes to read your post. RED: "You guys are always like 'ZzOmFg hEzz sOoh dUm fO gOiNzz iNtOoh WaRRR!!!!!11111'" I believe that was you. I believe you are posting on this board and referring to "you guys." Hence, you're talking about us. Besides, i've been debating on internet boards for years, and I've never come across anyone who used net-speak in anything but a joke. There are uninformed folks who talk something like that, but using words...and they're generally gone within a few posts because we're mean to them. At nay rate, I care more about ORANGE: The fact that Bush is not alone in the decision to go to war is valid. However, it's the president's ultimate decision whether or not to go to war, since he controls the troops. Congress does control official declarations of war; however, one was never isued for Iraq. Bush is being criticized, not just for going to war (criticism which, by and large, is a condemnation of the administration in general), but for mishandling the war as well. His military decisions have been abysmal, and that's what he is being mostly criticized for today. As for YELLOW, just wow. I didn't really think that there was anyone left who would seriously try to link Saddam and 9/11 to my face. Look, the 9/11 commision didn't think Saddam was connected with Al-Qaeda. Bush himself admitted that there was no evidence connecting Saddam to 9/11. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3118262.stm Here's his statement. We went into Afghanistan to get Al-Qaeda, who actually attacked us. But we couldn't find Osama bin Laden, and people were getting antsy, sooo...hey, look over there! I'll admit with a will that Saddam was an almighty prick, but the administration (happy?) has proved completely incompetent in managing his removal. He's gone, but the country's torn by violent deaths every day, and facing all-out civil war. Besides which, the war was not about how bad Saddam was from the start. Remember WMDs? Those rascally old WMDs that gradually faded from the administration's radar? Yeah, that was the original reason. Doesn't seem to be right, huh?

And don't say "not." Just no. (Now can we get this thread back on topic? Political music, remember?)
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
May 28th, 2006 at 03:49pm
This thread, if I am not much mistaken, is about how the music industry is dealing with political and social issues and current events, NOT what the current events ARE.
There are a lot of threads for that purpose, so unless you can connect this back to music pretty quickly, this conversation should be picked up in the appropriate threads elsewhere.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 28th, 2006 at 08:49pm
if someone doesn't atleast mention the word music in the this thread, I will send it to hell. 3..2...1 getbackontopic.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 29th, 2006 at 03:29pm
Doh Yeah, that's my bad...*shifty eyes* You all saw nothing.

What do you say, Belt? Shall we continue this elsewhere? We can easily resurrect the Iraq thread...
Register