Same sex marriages!

AuthorMessage
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 11th, 2007 at 01:30pm
Dom:
hmm, i suppose it would be different for each adoption case really, some gays would probably make good parents others probably wouldnt
Which is exactly the same for straight people.

Dom:
but from the childs point of view they could end up feeling different from the other kids.
What child doesn't feel different at some point in their life?

Plus, kids get bullied if they come from child care centres. Kids get bullied for everything.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 11th, 2007 at 01:57pm
^
I agree. I also think it's the responsibility of the parent to make sure they are providing the most hospitable environment for their child: neighborhood, home, and school. My fiance and I are going to raise our children in a place where the teasing will be minimal and hopefully unrelated to our sexual orientation.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 03:53pm
Out of all my friends who come from gay parents, I know not one who ever got so distressed from bullying that they were really upset. Infact, They rarely ever get bullied for it, mostly because most bullies would would even try to do so come from broken families themselves anyway.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 11th, 2007 at 04:11pm
druscilla; in rags:
Lucifers Angel:
grouchguitarist:
Gay marriages are probably alot safer than straight ones, I mean gays tend to be very calm people and there would be alot less violence. Sure the Bible states that marriage is the joining of a male and a female but fuck we ain't in the 1800's no more its 2000's and now people are adapting to new things. Answer this question.. Would you rather hand a child to a gay couple, or let George Bush send a shitload of people to war? Whos more likely to get hurt?

oh what a pile of crap!!

gay couples and staright couples can both be violent and nasty, and to answer your question because i belive the war in Iraq qas right and the best thing to do, i would rather send "soldiers" over to iraq (its what they are paid to do)

Three things.

Lesbian couples have the lowest rate of violence in a relationship, straight couples are second, and gay male couples have the most violence in a relationship.

Secondly, not all branches of the military are supposed to be soldiers.

Thirdly, are you that against gay parents or did you just want to prove a point?

like i have said before on anouther thread, if your married then have children and decide that your not straight you've been living a lie then yeah homosexual perents can have children but i do not think that homosexual couples should be able to adopt, but that is my opinion that i have said many times before, when you live you life has a gay person like a famous homosexual man said when he was asked baout adopting children he said " i disagree with homosexaul people adopting children becuase we have chosen a lifestyle that go against pro creation" . but however we are not here to discus if homosexual people should have children we are here to talk about gay marrage, or civil unions. and should they have the same rights has hetrosexual people, i am bi sexual and i have 3 children.

and also your point about being soldiers, over here in the uk when you go into the army, navy or wrens you are given some fighting training.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 04:51pm
Homosexuality doesn't necessarily demote pro-creation. Lesbians can have a child. There is a species of completely female lizards, I mean all of them are female. They can have babies by stimulating pregnancy hormones. Lesbians can have babies if they have two sample of their DNA and a laboratory.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 11th, 2007 at 07:47pm
Lucifers Angel:
druscilla; in rags:
Lucifers Angel:
grouchguitarist:
Gay marriages are probably alot safer than straight ones, I mean gays tend to be very calm people and there would be alot less violence. Sure the Bible states that marriage is the joining of a male and a female but fuck we ain't in the 1800's no more its 2000's and now people are adapting to new things. Answer this question.. Would you rather hand a child to a gay couple, or let George Bush send a shitload of people to war? Whos more likely to get hurt?

oh what a pile of crap!!

gay couples and staright couples can both be violent and nasty, and to answer your question because i belive the war in Iraq qas right and the best thing to do, i would rather send "soldiers" over to iraq (its what they are paid to do)

Three things.

Lesbian couples have the lowest rate of violence in a relationship, straight couples are second, and gay male couples have the most violence in a relationship.

Secondly, not all branches of the military are supposed to be soldiers.

Thirdly, are you that against gay parents or did you just want to prove a point?

like i have said before on anouther thread, if your married then have children and decide that your not straight you've been living a lie then yeah homosexual perents can have children but i do not think that homosexual couples should be able to adopt, but that is my opinion that i have said many times before, when you live you life has a gay person like a famous homosexual man said when he was asked baout adopting children he said " i disagree with homosexaul people adopting children becuase we have chosen a lifestyle that go against pro creation" . but however we are not here to discus if homosexual people should have children we are here to talk about gay marrage, or civil unions. and should they have the same rights has hetrosexual people, i am bi sexual and i have 3 children.

and also your point about being soldiers, over here in the uk when you go into the army, navy or wrens you are given some fighting training.

YOU DON'T CHOOSE TO BE GAY!
Who in their right mind would choose to live a life that people are constantly going to hate and try to point out what a cruel and disgusting vile monster you are and constantly promote throwing you into a fiery furnace called hell until the end of the time?
Who would?
Honestly.

What one man says is not taken as gold word.
I don't give a damn if he's famous or not.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2007 at 04:53am
Lucifers Angel:
" i disagree with homosexaul people adopting children becuase we have chosen a lifestyle that go against pro creation" . but however we are not here to discus if homosexual people should have children we are here to talk about gay marrage, or civil unions. and should they have the same rights has hetrosexual people, i am bi sexual and i have 3 children.

I think I have chosen a lifestyle which goes against procreation. But people would still let me adopt, because I'm straight. I mean, deliberately saying 'I don't think having biological kids is for me' is kinda anti-procreation, because I can probably have children anyway, I just chose not to.

You know, plenty of straight people make horrible parents. At least gay people have to go through a procedure, which is better than some crack addict squeezing kids out of her uterus just because she has the god-given right to procreat. And one doesn't need to be a procreator to be an important influence on the minds of tomorrow.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2007 at 05:14am
Ditto Meg. Cool
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2007 at 12:06pm
Bloodraine:
some crack addict squeezing kids out of her uterus just because she has the god-given right to procreat. And one doesn't need to be a procreator to be an important influence on the minds of tomorrow.

Shocked I thought that said steph crack addict squeezing..

Coolio Anyways, I agree, good points.
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
May 25th, 2007 at 04:04pm
Atleast half of the heterosexual couples that foster a child divorce as it is, and of those that don't, a good chunk are still crappy parents. Obviously, we're not doing that great a job with the whole marriage and children thing so maybe we should give the homosexuals a shot. They can't produce more screwed up kids than we have.
Lolli
Jackass
Lolli
May 29th, 2007 at 07:01am
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.

I would hate to be adopted by gay perants.
If I would ever be put up for adoption and got adopted into a gay family then I come home with my first boy friend and they go aroud saying how hott my boyfriend is that'll make me feel so insucure.
I can't live with my mother saying how charming my boyfriend is because shes female.

I love having a mum and dad, I'll never have it any diffrent.

(Funnilly enough I had this same conversation with my history teacher O.o)

I have nothing againts homosexuals, just hate the idea of children being adopted by homosexuals.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 11:52am
Orangelike.darkness:
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.

If I would ever be put up for adoption and got adopted into a gay family then I come home with my first boy friend and they go aroud saying how hott my boyfriend is that'll make me feel so insucure.
I can't live with my mother saying how charming my boyfriend is because shes female.

I have nothing againts homosexuals, just hate the idea of children being adopted by homosexuals.
You have no idea how your post just made me angry. Maybe its because I am still under the impression of the Russia events, but your post is such complete ignorance. I mean, you wouldn't have gay parents because your "dads" would check out your boyfriend? Thats the dumbest reason to be against homosexual parenting ever.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 29th, 2007 at 01:47pm
Orangelike.darkness:
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.
Neither is a straight marriage held in a registry office.

Marriage is only marriage when it takes place in a church.

Orangelike.darkness:
So just because a man is gay it means that every male that he sees he will instantly want to have his way with?

One, the boy you would choose to go out with would be so much younger than the parents who had adopted you and so if the parent did happen to be attracted to your boyfriend it would be seen as paedophillia and thus the parent wouldn't have even been asigned kids to look after in the first place. They check these sort of things out in the adoption process.

And two, if you would feel so insecure I would be more worried about the way you were feeling about your boyfriend. I mean, if you think he's going to run off with your "dad" then surely it shouldn't matter to you because the boy would be gay anyway and really wouldn't be that interested in you in the first place.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 29th, 2007 at 01:50pm
Orangelike.darkness:
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.

Gosh. Rolling Eyes

Like your dads would fuck your boyfriend or what.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 01:51pm
Orangelike.darkness:
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.

Better hope you don't turn out gay or your dad might want to shag your girlfriend.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 11:36pm
Orangelike.darkness:
Gay marriage isn't real.
Its a civil ceremony.

Gay marriage is real. Maybe not in your region, but whatever small fraction of the world you reside in is not the entire world, and you should take a look around at some other places laws. Gay marriage isn't just something in fairy tales... it does actually happen.

Have you ever been adopted by gay parents? No, you haven't. Have you ever even had to live in an adoption center? Seeing as how you said "If I was ever put up for adoption", the answer to that would be no. The kids in those centers desperately want homes with a loving person who will care for them. I don't think someones sexuality affects their ability to show love. Until you experience that, I don't think you have the authority to accurately say that you would hate it.

And your next remark was just crude. Your mom is attracted to men, does she aimlessly go around humping every male that moves? I can't really answer that, however for the purpose of a general arguement that applies to the majority of people, we'll assume your mother is able to control her sexual urges and isn't a sex fiend. So, now if you had a male parent attracted to other men, why would that be any different? Why would him being gay all of the sudden make him attracted to every man in the world? I really want to hear your logic behind this. Really, that wouldn't be an issue of sexuality, that would be pedophilia. Are you implying that homosexuals are all pedophiles? If you are.. then I don't even know what to say to that.

Oh, and calling someone charming and hot is not the same thing, so why you used to seperate adjectives and compared them as if they were a like idea is beyond me, but it didn't make much sense.
Orangelike.darkness:
I have nothing againts homosexuals.

Mr. Green riiiiight. And I don't have anything against Hitler. We play bingo Thursday nights with Jesus and Aladin.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 30th, 2007 at 12:35pm
Orangelike.darkness:

Then obviously, you have something against homosexuals because you have something against homosexuals who parent.

Everything in your post was completely and totally ridiculous, from grammar and spelling to your ignorant and stupid viewpoints.

I'm so glad you're not ever going to be adopted by a homosexual couple because I would never wish you on them.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Kurtni:
Orangelike.darkness:

Mr. Green riiiiight. And I don't have anything against Hitler. We play bingo Thursday nights with Jesus and Aladin.

I'd just like to say I love you. Oh-so-much.

Right.
Spam off Coolio
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 30th, 2007 at 04:09pm
Bloodraine:
Kurtni:
Orangelike.darkness:

I'd just like to say I love you. Oh-so-much.

Right.
Spam off Coolio
You two are crucial Coolio
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 13th, 2007 at 08:26pm
Gay rights/hate crime statistics.

advocate.com:
The “Comparison of Hate Crime Rates across Protected and Unprotected Groups” report shows that on average, 13 in 100,000 gay men, lesbians, and bisexuals per year report being the victim of a hate crime, compared to eight in 100,000 African-Americans, 12 in 100,000 Muslim Americans, and 15 in 100,000 Jewish Americans.

“Often, people try to pass off [the lack of legal protection for gays] as ‘Oh, it’s not as big a problem as race-based hate crimes,’” says Rebecca Stotzer, a research fellow at the Williams Institute. “But when you actually look at the rates and you think of it as a risk per person, you can see that the numbers are actually much more even between groups that are protected versus those that are not.”
Register