they don't harm anything
love is love no matter what sex your attracted to

Well said, well said. Clap

Discrimination is bad. =[
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
July 3rd, 2007 at 04:10pm
absoultely, but i thought that marraige was based around god and taking vows infront of a preist and getting married in a church. But being gay is apparently unsupported in the church where marraige is spawned so why would gay people want to get married? It's naiive to think that gay marraige would be a step forward when its really bending the rules. I have nothing against gay relationships but marraige has already been spoiled by society with divorce so why do we need gay marriage? I am christian but please don't think it impaires my ability to see another person's point of view.
Jay.
Geek
Jay.
July 4th, 2007 at 07:03am
I’m all fore same sex marriages. If you find someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you should be able to celebrate your love without felling like you’re unethical.

I guess older generations are against it because it was seen as sinful due to their upbringing.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 4th, 2007 at 12:15pm
CopperheaD:
absoultely, but i thought that marraige was based around god and taking vows infront of a preist and getting married in a church. But being gay is apparently unsupported in the church where marraige is spawned so why would gay people want to get married? It's naiive to think that gay marraige would be a step forward when its really bending the rules. I have nothing against gay relationships but marraige has already been spoiled by society with divorce so why do we need gay marriage? I am christian but please don't think it impaires my ability to see another person's point of view.

Not all churches hate homosexuals.
I plan to get married in one of the those churches.
Marriage is also "spawned" in a courthouse, which is where you get your marriage certificates [in the US].
If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple, that's their problem. But the state refusing to give them a marriage license is discrimination because that state is not a church.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 5th, 2007 at 06:31pm
druscilla; fuck me:

If a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple, that's their problem choice. But the state refusing to give them a marriage license legal rights obtained by what we know now as marriage is discrimination because that state is not a church]

omg look! we almost agreed Shifty
I Am A Graveyard
Geek
I Am A Graveyard
July 9th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Bloodraine:
Something Interesting that happened to me today. I was in RE and a boy stood up and asked the teacher (a hardline catholic) what her views on same sex marriages were. To this she replied "Its not a marriage, its a civil partenership.". Every time he tried reasoning with her she replied "Its not a marriage".

Even though these new laws allow same sex partnerships, do you ever think they will be viewed on a par with marriages? I do, but it seems we will have a long way to go in convincing others.

This is what pisses me off the most about all of the dumasses who try to deny homosexual marriage, by claiming it just as a partnership. It's like trying to deny something that is very real, and that is just bullshit. Denying homosexual marriage is just going to renew the vicious cycle of hate and discrimination that seems to dog the homosexual culture.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 03:12pm
OMGDON'TQUOTEMYOLDPOSTSIT'SSOEMBARRASSING.

Yeah I think civil unions are the same as marriages. Legally. In Britain. idk, let the Christians go OMGBUTIT'SJUSTACIVILUNION. Everybody calls it marriage anyway, it's practically the same except for the building you do it in.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
July 9th, 2007 at 05:31pm
You gotta remember that hetrosexual people have civil partnerships too.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 08:02pm
Boobmeister:

Nobody believes that though.

Trust me. Every time I try to bring that up, dumb people are all OMG BUT THEY'RE MARRIAGES.

No, they aren't, son. Marriage is a churchy thing. People call it the same because we're lazy with words. Go play with lego.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2007 at 07:59am
Bloodraine:

Yeah I think civil unions are the same as marriages. Legally. In Britain.
Not here Con Civil unions fail. (here) You don't recieve any of the federal benifits because civil unions are within the states regulation.
Teenager
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenager

Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 02:35am
I believe out of respect to the traditions of other faiths marriage of same sex couples should maybe kept seperate from religion.. however if they love each other no matter who they are they should be able to marry in a registery office or any other im unaware of.. as love is love and if people care for each other let them marry...
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 08:23pm
Teenager:
I believe out of respect to the traditions of other faiths marriage of same sex couples should maybe kept seperate from religion.. however if they love each other no matter who they are they should be able to marry in a registery office or any other im unaware of.. as love is love and if people care for each other let them marry...
I am a Christian. I don't see why I shouldn't be able get married in a church that allows it. [And I will be.]
I don't think a church should be forced to perform same-sex marriages.
However, if they choose to I see no problems with it.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 08:24pm
Bloodraine:
Boobmeister:

Nobody believes that though.

Trust me. Every time I try to bring that up, dumb people are all OMG BUT THEY'RE MARRIAGES.

No, they aren't, son. Marriage is a churchy thing. People call it the same because we're lazy with words. Go play with lego.
If marriages are a "churchy" thing then why do you get a marriage license in a government building?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:15am
druscilla; rsvp:
If marriages are a "churchy" thing then why do you get a marriage license in a government building?

;p because our[american] government is being unconstitutional and mixing church and state.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:18am
Years ago, people that weren't Caucasian were considered inferior and had little rights. In a way, this is like homosexual marriages and stuff. Eventually, people of all races were given the same rights as Caucasians.

I definately think homosexual marriages, adoptions, whatever should be allowed. If this goes against anyone's religion or whatever, and same sex marriages makes them doomed for eternity, then it's their problem, isn't it?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 04:29am
anti social:
Years ago, people that weren't Caucasian were considered inferior and had little rights. In a way, this is like homosexual marriages and stuff. Eventually, people of all races were given the same rights as Caucasians.

I definately think homosexual marriages, adoptions, whatever should be allowed. If this goes against anyone's religion or whatever, and same sex marriages makes them doomed for eternity, then it's their problem, isn't it?

Well, if you undermind this religious moral, then who is to say that the government can't go and alter all their beliefs? It isn't the governments place to regulate a church. Just like the church can't regulate the government. The government can give homosexual people the same rights and liberties as heterosexual people..but they can't make the church do the same. And the church can't make the government deny homosexual people rights. It works both ways.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
August 5th, 2007 at 01:37pm
CopperheaD:
We need gay marriage/civil partnerships because (apart from the fact that everyone has a right to be with someone and prove that they truly care about them) maybe, this will help people accept homosexuality, when they see homosexuals getting the same rights as heterosexuals.

And if marriage hasn't been spoiled by, say, atheists or agnostics getting married, it stands to reason that it wouldn't be spoiled by homosexuals being allowed to marry. If you are religious, then marriage should still be special to you anyway, but there's no reason why it can't be special for other people too. That wouldn't be fair.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 01:57pm
I Am A Graveyard:
Bloodraine:
Something Interesting that happened to me today. I was in RE and a boy stood up and asked the teacher (a hardline catholic) what her views on same sex marriages were. To this she replied "Its not a marriage, its a civil partenership.". Every time he tried reasoning with her she replied "Its not a marriage".

Even though these new laws allow same sex partnerships, do you ever think they will be viewed on a par with marriages? I do, but it seems we will have a long way to go in convincing others.

This is what pisses me off the most about all of the dumasses who try to deny homosexual marriage, by claiming it just as a partnership. It's like trying to deny something that is very real, and that is just bullshit. Denying homosexual marriage is just going to renew the vicious cycle of hate and discrimination that seems to dog the homosexual culture.

well it's not a marriage, thats not saying to people of the same sex don't love eachother but it's not a marriage. Marriage is a biblical union, homosexuality or the act is not viewed kindly so therefore any union of marriage between two people of the same sex would add another layer of hypocracy to worshippers. It's not right to be angry at them, why shoudl they change the view of their faith which 1000's of years old. It's not outdated because you can't change the view of god.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 01:59pm
druscilla; rsvp:
Teenager:
I am a Christian. I don't see why I shouldn't be able get married in a church that allows it. [And I will be.]
I don't think a church should be forced to perform same-sex marriages.
However, if they choose to I see no problems with it.

because they would be going against their own faith by allowing it. 0_o. fair enough you get the church wedding but do you want to be married under a layer of hypocracy.
Brett Anderson
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Brett Anderson
August 30th, 2009 at 04:26am
it may be a little confusing for a child to be raised by same sex parents
but it is also confusing when your parents are divorced, cheating, drug addicts, and many other things.
so, if a couple of the same sex wants to get married and get children, thats perfectly fine with me.

and to add something, my next door neighbors are a lesbian couple (which i didnt know until four months ago, even though ive known them for five years) and they have foster children. they treat those children better than some straight couples i know. so, if the parents are fit to be parents, then they can have children.

as for me, im sorta bi, and in love with this guy (just to put it out there) and Im not sure if i want to even get married or have kids at all. but i know some gay people who dream of their wedding and having little ones. i dont want their dreams to be crushed.

theres my argument Very Happy
Register