Adoption

AuthorMessage
Big momma
Geek
Big momma
December 6th, 2005 at 05:23pm
What do people think about it? I was adopted as a baby and it fucked me up. I wonder what you all have to say on it?
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 6th, 2005 at 07:15pm
Were you adopted into a bad family?
And what would you do if your adoptive parents died and you were an orphan again who doesnt get PRESENTS ON CHRISTMAS!!!!11?
[seriously though one time a girl said that she hated her adoptive parents and then a teacher asked those questions......-_- not in a funny way.]
Am I Part Of The Waiting?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Am I Part Of The Waiting?
December 6th, 2005 at 07:21pm
I think that if you're pregnant and you don't want the child, is better to give it up fro adoption when is born than aborting...but...that's just a 16 years old girl's opinion.

I know my step mother's sister is not able to have kids so she has 2 adopted kids and I think they are lucky, she's kind of a cool woman...but not all the kids that are adopted have such a good luck though...
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 6th, 2005 at 08:28pm
Adoption is a good thing. Of course, there are some kids that are not that lucky and get a shitty family, but in most cases kids get a chance to have a family rather then an orphanage, and that's a good thing.
I have a brother-in-law who is adopted, he's African-American adopted into a White family and he's always joking about it...like, for example, he has a t-shirt that says "Am I really adopted?".
Well, I'm just saying in most cases adoption is a good thing, and those are become adoptive parents are checked under all angles before they'll be allowed to adopt.
I'm sorry it didn't work out with you though...
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
December 7th, 2005 at 09:38am
I was sort of adopted...I'd prefer it if I had a perfect family life, of course, but isn't it better then an orphanage?
it's hardcore honey.
Idiot
it's hardcore honey.
December 7th, 2005 at 10:06am
adoption is often very good.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2005 at 11:37am
Definately. Adoption gives children back their lives. I know it must be hard growing up and wondering why your parents gave you away (Unless they died), but its better to be at the heart of a loving family, even though you aren;t blood relations, than living in an orphange.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
December 7th, 2005 at 01:17pm
I think adoption is good. Most families would probably be kind to you anyway...because families or couples who can't have children of their own generally seem to be nice...and some families adopt people because they have a heart...but yeah, I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out for you...
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
December 7th, 2005 at 01:24pm
....Good idea.....gives kids a second chance

...........HOWEVER............

I have two uncles and an aunt....who were adopted

into my dad's family as babies

......brought up alongside my dad and 5 others.....all as brothers

and sisters

..........age of 18, my grandparents told my uncle he was adopted....

...he suffered a mental breakdown......destroyed his life

there are times......when adopted kids should NEVER be told the truth

H-F-P-R
Big momma
Geek
Big momma
December 7th, 2005 at 02:57pm
Well, I agree actually even tho I have a right to know it fucked my life up.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
December 7th, 2005 at 03:03pm
i think it is a good thing .... if someone can't have kids ..or if they just wanna give someone a nice home but i do think it can kinda screw up a child because they might never know who their parents are ....
fender
Geek
fender
December 9th, 2005 at 06:11am
i think adoption is a good thing. much better than fostering. my familly used to foster and it hurts when they leave, they usually just have enough time to settle and then they are uprooted and there isnt a thing you can do about it! i think that adopted children should always know. i mean imagine believing some one is your mum and then she isnt and there is some one else but you are never given the oppertunity to find your real roote who you truly are because you adoptive parents didnt tell you. its not fair on the child.
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
December 9th, 2005 at 07:32am
it's probably not the adoptian that "fucked you up". probably just insecurities. you're real parents could have been 10 times worse...
Cheech.
Cheech.
December 9th, 2005 at 09:14am
Its a good thing...

My Great Uncle Adopted two children, there were aged 2 and 3... there mom was a drug addict who over dosed and died not too long after they were given up for addoption and there dad the same, but i think hes still alive..

they also addopted there grandson who was born at teh wrong time.. so in all they have there normal children... and 3 adopted,

i do agree adoption messes you mind up... the eldest one is now about 14.. and shes just resently gone to another home, because she was becoming too much, she was starting to smoke, sleep around.. sneak out.. take drugs.. and hit my Great uncle and aunty...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 09:59am
adoption can screw you up but in the majority of cases it helps the child have a life.

Am i right in thinking if someone can advise me if your adopted into a bad family can't you go back to social services?

I wanted to much to be put up for adoption when i was younger, i hated my family and they were all ass holes.
Cheech.
Cheech.
December 9th, 2005 at 11:08am
tre_cool_is_god:
adoption can screw you up but in the majority of cases it helps the child have a life.

Am i right in thinking if someone can advise me if your adopted into a bad family can't you go back to social services?

I wanted to much to be put up for adoption when i was younger, i hated my family and they were all ass holes.

Yea, you can i think, well i know that if the family doesnt wont you anymore, or cant deal with you, you can go back...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 11:29am
xcheechx:
tre_cool_is_god:

Yea, you can i think, well i know that if the family doesnt wont you anymore, or cant deal with you, you can go back...

thankyou! I think that social services would look and investigate any family who wanted to adopt anyway, wouldn't they?
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 11:33am
im unsure. i think its good, but if someone becomes pregnant at a reasonable age they should not put the child up for adoption without a good reason i.e. it was concieved by rape.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 11:36am
auh-buh-cuh-s:
im unsure. i think its good, but if someone becomes pregnant at a reasonable age they should not put the child up for adoption without a good reason i.e. it was concieved by rape.

There is an article in my local paper today 2 newborn babies were abandoned in a phone box and they are asking the mum to come forward to have the medical help she needs or may need, people who obviously need help should perhaps be taught how to look after the children and not be judged because if having kids doesnt scare you then your an unfeeling twerp. because it is the hardest job that anyone could ever do.
Big momma
Geek
Big momma
December 9th, 2005 at 01:23pm
My family anrt a babd one its just i dont interact well with people and i am very aggressive.
Register