TELL US ABOUT THE SYDNEY CONCERT!!!

AuthorMessage
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 16th, 2005 at 06:52pm
yeah they did..dont entirely remember them playing it but i know i was really suprised they did.. twas rad!!
lostandconfuzzled
Geek
lostandconfuzzled
December 16th, 2005 at 11:28pm
was anyone in seating in the doug walter's stand???
fuckxoffxandxdie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
fuckxoffxandxdie
December 17th, 2005 at 01:31am
What can I sayy.
Well I was at the Sydney concert, and being my first Green Day concert, I was so excited.
We were in GA, and when Green Day came running on, I couldnt have been more excited. Actually, when they launced into American Idiot, I started crying; I was actually in hysterics hehe. I was that excited;; I got accused of being a teenybopper, but its a bit hard to contain your emotions when youre seeing your favourite band of 8 years live for the first time.
So yeah, the show was so bloody brilliant. Some oldies they played were Longview, Basket Case, Brain Stew/Jaded [so damn good], She, Minority & Hitchin' A Ride. When BJ started playing the main riff for Brain Stew.. i was so goddamn excited. I was singing along to all the songs, and it was a bit shit, because not many other people in my area knew the words to any of the old songs, which was a shame. -_- The majority of people there were new fans, because of American Idiot, but meh, not all that much i can do about that.
Haha but anyway. It was the best show ever, and I will never ever forget that night. Hehe I'm just sad it's now over. =[
Peace <3
magella xxox.
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 17th, 2005 at 08:14am
omg..i cried the first time i saw green day too..its just so awesome to finally get to see them in all their fucking glory. they are the most amazing performers and its just overwhelmingly rad!!
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
December 17th, 2005 at 08:49am
^ I didn't cry when I saw them, I thought I would Neutral but see, I expected them to just slowly walk out, and it would be this crazy emotional moment in my life....no. They leg it out on stage, and launch in to AI almost straight away! lmfao

I just stood there, thinking "Oh my god, I've waited 3 years for this..." and just stood there in Shocked staring at them lol
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 17th, 2005 at 08:57am
haha nice work. yeah i was so dumbfounded..by then tears came to my eyes when i realised i was finally seeing them live. its so amazing
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
December 17th, 2005 at 08:59am
lmao. yeah it was like Shocked x 1,000 times lol.

Cos I started liking them about this time 4 years ago, and I was only 14 then. They didn't release any albums between then and AI (like, studio albums) and the only tours they did were like the festivals. So I wasn't allowed go Sad It was so amazing to see them this year! Very Happy
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 17th, 2005 at 09:04am
yeah i started getting pretty into them around the time of nimrod..actually a little bit after nimrod but i didnt really get all crazy into them until like american idiot..which is when i started buying all the older cds..like kerplunka and 1039...american idiot just kinda motivated me to get the other stuff.. im not a teeny who just likes 'greenday' for american idiot and cos 'billy' is SOOO FRICKIN HAWT!! lol.. well he is pretty damn sexy but yeah!! Very Happy meh..im over the rant
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
December 17th, 2005 at 09:17am
lol that's cool.

yeah I <3 Billie Joe too, but that has only escalated over the past 6 months lol. Wink I never liked him before. lol I only kind of became "obsessed" with GD after I saw them live last January, cos when I liked them a few years ago, they were as famous as they are now, and you know what I mean lol
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 17th, 2005 at 07:27pm
i didnt think they were ever this famous... apart from dookie..but not even that was this big. maybe im just confused cos its early in the morning/almost midday. ya i should prolly leave for work soon..meh
redc
Jackass
redc
December 17th, 2005 at 07:36pm
xIsabelx:
lol that's cool.

yeah I <3 Billie Joe too, but that has only escalated over the past 6 months lol. Wink I never liked him before. lol I only kind of became "obsessed" with GD after I saw them live last January, cos when I liked them a few years ago, they were as famous as they are now, and you know what I mean lol

I don't believe they were as 'famous' then as they are now...years ago people knew who they were but not at the level that it's at today. While my friends knew who they were, at that time they would never own a GD CD...but guess what, they all own American Idiot. And I'm talking literally like 3-2 years ago...
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 18th, 2005 at 03:00am
mm..yeah i agree.
People have liked the occassional green day song of the years, but no one really bought the cds or anything. I liked lots of songs from dookie for ages then when nimrod came out i got dookie and the oldies and realised that i really really liked green day. but most people i know only really like green day cos of american idiot and good riddance. but yeah..shit happens
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 18th, 2005 at 03:01am
btw redc, whos your ava of? they look vaguely familiar...
Smells_Like_Nirvana
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Smells_Like_Nirvana
December 18th, 2005 at 06:01am
The concert was absolutely AMAZING!!! Seeing Green Day for the 2nd time this year i must say that the SCG concert was better than the first. But i found that the sound was much quieter than at the super dome? Was great tho. They played a few songs different to the March show, homecoming was a real treat Very Happy Loved every moment, and found it quite funny when this teeny started crying when a death circle broke out. lmao.
greenday_babe69
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
greenday_babe69
December 18th, 2005 at 06:33am
Omg it was GREAT.I cant put my feelings to words, I went and I cried at the end... a mix between knowing it was over and because time of your life was on... I was in seats... but i still had the best night of my life. (Brewongle stand seats) I would do anything to re-live it... They are the best preformers and I have to say I feel like crying now just thinking about it... does any one know if it is possible to get a video of it? You green day fans fucking rock!
Love han
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 18th, 2005 at 06:48am
Smells_Like_Nirvana:
The concert was absolutely AMAZING!!! Seeing Green Day for the 2nd time this year i must say that the SCG concert was better than the first. But i found that the sound was much quieter than at the super dome? Was great tho. They played a few songs different to the March show, homecoming was a real treat Very Happy Loved every moment, and found it quite funny when this teeny started crying when a death circle broke out. lmao.

hahaha..love the teeny boppers when they start getting scared, lol. yeah whats a death circle tho? is it like when lots of ppl stand around someone and death glare at them?? maybe im just delusional...pfft
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
December 18th, 2005 at 09:33am
redc:
xIsabelx:
lol that's cool.

I don't believe they were as 'famous' then as they are now...years ago people knew who they were but not at the level that it's at today. While my friends knew who they were, at that time they would never own a GD CD...but guess what, they all own American Idiot. And I'm talking literally like 3-2 years ago...

Laughing Sorry I meant to write "weren't as famous as they are now"

My bad Razz
redc
Jackass
redc
December 18th, 2005 at 11:32am
**Billies*BItch!**:
btw redc, whos your ava of? they look vaguely familiar...

That would be my first obsession - Kimi Raikkonen - Formula One race car driver...I'm very obsessed with the sport and he's one of two of my favourite drivers...I'll shut-up now.
**Billies*BItch!**
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
**Billies*BItch!**
December 18th, 2005 at 05:44pm
ah nice..i was like..thats not green day!!
BLASPHEMY!!! *Stabs you with religious cross*
nah im over it..its all good.
yeah i watch car racing sometimes...but yeah..im not that into it.
oh well!
violet
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
violet
December 18th, 2005 at 11:59pm
It was possibly the best night of my life - & certainly my sons best night EVER.

I got into Green Day way back, I was about 16 when Dookie came out I think.

I have an 8 yr old son, Green Day is his "first ever" favourite band. I kind of feel like a cool mum liking the same music as my kid.

Anyway he asked for American Idiot for Christmas & then when I heard they were touring I went one better and bought tickets to the idiot zone for him for Xmas - I figured he was 8 , time to initiate hm - get him in the mosh pit!

We kept it a secret from him - even told him we were going into town for a christmas concert - boy was he surprised.

We were down the front -to the left hand side of the stage (well the crowds left hand side) right in front of where the flames flew out - & boy were they HOT.

Billie joe started spraying water over the crowd, so my husband put him up on his shoulders so that he could get hosed down too. Anyway billie joe came over to where we were, and he was just feet from us spraying the crowd.

Then I saw that he was looking at my son Andy, and I was grabbing andy on the leg. I wanted him to know that billie joe was looking at him, Anyway by the time I turned back to the stage, billie joe was pointing at him and beckoning him to come up on stage.

And like the good parents we are we immediately handed him over! I think he was a bit shocked the poor kid, he gets stage fright whenever he's put in front of people, let alone 35,000 of them. But he sprayed the crowd - (sorry to anyone that he totally drenched _ as he kind of stuck to one spot)

Then Billie joe went to spray the other side of the crowd for a while.

He then came back and grabbed andy and led him down to the front of the cat walk. Everyone in the crowd were putting their hands up to him to slap, and they were all calling out to him.

Then billie joe started the "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie " Chant again.

And then a security guy grabbed him and pulled him down.

I'd dreamt of moments like this - you know when you have wild dreams that you know will never come true - I', still blown away.

Anyone with photos or footage please contact me as I am desperate to get something for my son to keep

Ps sorry for the essay - but it was mad!!!!
Register